The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ever Wonder Why Stalker Wears Excalibur's Suit?

(PSN)truelight4u

This my own theory, my own idea about why Stalker wears Excalibur's suit. If your read Stalker's codex it speaks about the Old War, and it also mentions that Stalker seen everything unfold. My assumption as to why he wears Excalibur's suit is because Excalibur was the one to lead the Tenno in the attack. He dawned the suit as part of his own plot of vengeance. He mostly likely either crafted the suit on his own probably understanding the Orokin technology (maybe due to his duties as a low Guardian he learned how to craft one), or stripped one off a Tenno corpse. This allowed him to enhance his abilities maybe after infecting himself with the virus and the training helped him master it. Because he didn't want to look like Excalibur the one who possibly led the attack, he crafted a helmet that differed in appearance. 

This theory has holes in it, but what you think?

We can only guess.

Tennos didnt have suits until they returned from the Void. So Orokins must have provided them for Tenno and for that, they needed some suit production facility. Excalibur is "jack of all trades" frame so that might be the reason why Stalker is using it.

Edited by RoboDoge

I think maybe because he was the first war frame to be made, and stalker could be one of the first war frames, but i think stalker is trying to have justice not revenge, i think maybe the lotus is the evil one and the tenno were just awoken by her to be used, Also i wish stalker could be your leader and not the lotus

Maybe the lower guardians had warframes as well, and maybe the Warframes were classes, or maybe meant for different roles. So the all around "jack of all trades" Tenno would be put into an Excalibur warframe. I know DE has said that they envision each Tenno as being unique, but that doesn't match the lore. 

Maybe after killing the Sentients (Humans) the Tenno flipped realizing they were killing their own people and this caused them to betray the Orokin. Maybe the whole time, the Orokin were the evil ones. Stalker of course being a part of the Orokin, especially as a loyalist, felt betrayed and angered because the Orokin were giving these human beings special abilities. Isn't said that Sargus Ruk, sees the human flesh a flaw, and isn't the Grineer clones of the once great Orokin race? Ruk himself modified his body until he was satisfied.

If any of my info is incorrect please inform me, thank you. Everything I'm stating is based on assumption and some fact.

Edited by (PS4)truelight4u

Maybe the lower guardians had warframes as well, and maybe the Warframes were classes, or maybe meant for different roles. So the all around "jack of all trades" Tenno would be put into an Excalibur warframe. I know DE has said that they envision each Tenno as being unique, but that doesn't match the lore. 

Lore problem could be easily solved if we could change body proportions of our frames. So we can get more "one person per frame" feeling.

Imo, Void influenced every Tenno in a different way and frames serve as catalysts. Boosting innate Tenno ability, as they might have affinity with different powers from the start.

Edited by RoboDoge

No it still holds true. Each Tenno can be and is unique, but Warframes themselves don't have to be. While we still don't know how, the fact that a single Tenno controls/uses/wears/whatever/etc. multiple Warframes has been eluded to. (I don't want to say confirmed because I can't think of a source to cite on that info)

Well when I hear old war and seeing everything unfold I think of the war on earth in Darksector and I still think that the stalker could be Hayden Tenno

The reason I doubt it's Hayden is because he's the father all Warframes. There's no way they make him a low guardian.

Edit: This is Excluding Robert Mezner, and Nadia Sudek.

My best guess is that the Stalker's appearance has nothing to do with Excal besides a similar look due to DE's limited resources back in the day.

I'm of the opinion that the person that turned into the Stalker witnessed the massacre of the Tenno, which motivated him to enter the void himself in order to prevent them from doing the same in the future. The void reacted to the emotions within him and turned him into what we know as Stalker.

I think maybe because he was the first war frame to be made, and stalker could be one of the first war frames, but i think stalker is trying to have justice not revenge, i think maybe the lotus is the evil one and the tenno were just awoken by her to be used, Also i wish stalker could be your leader and not the lotus

Perhaps somewhere in the future (like now, we are able to choose Corpus or grenier as allies (ish)) we can choose to side with the stalker.

in regards to OP

They're building the lore, but I personally think they just were to lazy to make him unique at first, and never changed him since then.

Perhaps somewhere in the future (like now, we are able to choose Corpus or grenier as allies (ish)) we can choose to side with the stalker.

in regards to OP

They're building the lore, but I personally think they just were to lazy to make him unique at first, and never changed him since then.

Meh. I want to side with Infested.

And DE could rework Stalker skin ( and Nyx also ).

I like the idea that his emotions played a role into what he became. This could explain Ember's burning hatred turning her into flame type after she found those children on the ship.

SHE isnt Tenno, SHE is the Grineer. And children were Embers.

Because if you read carefully, Lore implies that specific Void parts are making specific Tenno. And that Orokins used children for Void experiments.

Well, this is all my own speculation, but.

The Stalker calls himself one of the 'Low Guardians', so he probably was around for some time. I imagine he was one of the first; if the Orokin were really getting screwed over by the Sentients, they'd be pretty desperate for effective protection. So maybe he was among the first, and since Excalibur was the first, that was all he could get.

Of course, this is assuming the whole 'each Tenno is their own person and the Warframes are just suits (frames)' thing.

Remember how it was said after Mezner was defeated that Earth's population escaped into space colonizing different planets after the outbreak? Could it be that the Orokin were humans just as the Sentients, but because they considered the human flesh as a flaw that is why the Sentients were at war with them? Maybe the Sentients were trying to stop their experiments or something along those lines?

Again this is based on my speculations and I would like to hear more of your opinion on the matter. Thanks.

Because it was easier, cheaper and less time consuming for DE to reuse existing assets than to animate entire sets of 3D models like they would for new warframe just for Stalker. Perhaps in the future he will receive a cool facelift or DE will simply stay lazy and throw at us some badly written lore of as why he uses excalibur frame to save them some time.