The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Prime Access Teaser Video / Rhino Prime Speculation Megathread

Sasquatchias

Rhino's one of the most aesthetically simple and boring frames. He's got no real detail to him at all, he's just a big armored dude who's all a few solid colors.

All the more reason to bling him out. Don't you think?

I expected Loki from this dev.

Un-rustle your jimmies, Soulswipe.

Edited by Archistopheles

to be fair, it was 45% rhino, 45% loki. I was hoping for an out-of-the-blue move from DE to take that 10%, but it's probably best they didn't. because of said rhino fanboys. and the combined rhino+loki fanboy fanbases would've been royally ticked off it we got ash prime or something of the sort. that would've been fun for a bit, but there would be a lot of resentment, I'm sure

For those who haven't seen, head to the main page and check out the Prime Access trailer.

Rhino Prime.

I know, Mynki said it had a 90% chance.

And yes, I know, he isn't even released yet.

Still...I bet the two new Prime weapons are to feed the power creep too, probably Soma and Galatine Prime.

And if that's the case, I hope the fanboys will leave DE alone to work on matters that need attention.

Like, I don't know, revisiting older frames and weapons instead of pushing out new ones.

*cough* Volt, Supra, Melee weapons with 1% proc chance *cough*

What are your thoughts on this?

Are you happy with Rhino Prime or disappointed as well?

I understand that the community wanted it.

But for one, I think DE should be a bit more creative and do what they want, not what the fanboys demand.

Your so right to be upset. Having a prime version of the rhino thats much more powerful the the original is BS. Saying soma and galatine are the next prime weapons totally isnt jumping the gun, good call, and as we all know the balance team is also in charge of making the new primes so why hold them up with this stupid rhino prime. Im so disappointed with DE, they gave into fanboys because there totally are only fanboys for rhino and no one else wants their favorite frame primed. Good thread OP good thread.

I'm a little annoyed that it's Rhino, to be honest. They said originally that there were hints as to who it was around the time Valkyr and Ember Prime came, and he was in the loading screen with both of them. Made perfect sense that he was standing right behind and next to Ember Prime, as if he was waiting to be next.

I personally am quite content to use my normal Loki, so it's not a big deal, but it just seems like a silly choice. Rhino's one of the most aesthetically simple and boring frames. He's got no real detail to him at all, he's just a big armored dude who's all a few solid colors. I can't imagine he was all that interesting to design. On top of this he's already one of the most popular frames. I'd much rather have seen some other less commonly used frame get primed than Rhino, even if it wasn't Loki. Volt Prime, Banshee Prime, even Ash Prime would have been cool.

By your logic, it makes sense that they would put Rhino into Prime Access first. Bling Rhino will bring in the money for DE because of his fanbase, and simple usage techniques.

Just be happy, this means that the next Male Prime Access will be Loki.

Now is the time for Rhino Prime... everyone is running around talking DPS / Stats and not using cover. Real challenge isn't here yet, so RPG stats frames are king, and Rhino is king of kings. He can only go downhill from here as they add end game and the whine threads emerge with all the WoW kids saying it's too hard when stats start to fail them because they don't understand how to dodge/interrupt/use cover or ration their power usage.

'Course I don't think it's based on logic, I seem to remember someone somewhere saying that they pretty much just go with the flow of Mynki's inspiration.

Edited by VKhaun

Really... why are people so excited, since Primes have nothing over regular frames except different polarities? Did I miss something, or is it just bling?

There's actually a bit of a pattern to it, really. The Lech Kril trailer has 4 warframes in it: Excalibur, Mag, Rhino, and Loki. The Prime pattern has had the order as follows: Excalibur, Frost, Mag, Ember, Rhino...whatever comes next will probably not be Loki, and Loki will come after that (I personally am putting my bets on Nyx but getting too stuck on the thought wouldnt be good). So the Primes will cover all the ones in the Lech Kril trailer, with other Primes in between. That's why it makes sense to me.

I don't see the hype over any prime frame. It is only a visual thing... Sure, they get some polarity slots, but that can be achieved with forma if desired. Of course, the new visual could be awesome, but I can hardly see how putting any prime frame over another is worth any hype nor disappointment.

Revisiting, upgrading, balancing and fixing old objects is always good and welcome, but it has been stated multiple times that those making new things are not the same making those changes.

Edited by HellEnforcer