Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Update 12.3.0: The Grustrag Three

[DE]Rebecca

Okay DE, you make a game with an RNG crutch. It takes people 2 seconds to get the best items, others it could take months. This was shown with frost prime systems and other impossibly rare items pre-hotfix. Because you fixed it, it was fine. You introduce the invasion system along with a flashy event, name it the Gradivus Dilemma. Cool. We play with it, we get the better weapon.  Mistake made: You added RNG. Your goal should be to NOT add RNG. But you did anyway. You slap the parts of an old and proven weak gun onto a reskinned dog. Not cool. Later, you add the counterpart to the Harvester; the Grustrag Three. Mistake: You added RNG. You added RNG. You always @(*()$ add RNG. And it's stupid as hell. Stop @(*()$ adding RNG, for F***'s sake. Not only that, but you repeat the same @(*()$ mistakes. And at this point, it's REALLY stupid as hell.

I get what you guys are trying to do, but seriously, it doesn't take a genius. Remove RNG, add an alternate system. The most hyped system being talked about is the 'token' system; you do missions, you get tokens, you get stuff. Yeah, there's flaws, and yeah, it's a stupid system, but it's not as stupid as RNG. 

Now then, onto what you guys did well.

You made the game captivating. You made it fun. You made it a damn good game with damn bad flaws. The idea and concepts, they're amazing, but the execution is bad. I mean, let's be honest, space ninjas? That's badass. That's awesome. That's stuff you could build on. You guys add lore. You guys add goals. You guys add a reason to keep playing. This is a key thing. Without this, lots of people wouldn't play warframe.

You guys sometimes listen to the community. But you ignore us more than you do anything. Ever since warframe was created, the number one public enemy to us was RNG. But, you either ignore it, or you simply don't know what to do. But, the thing is, if you didn't know what to do, you would stretch out to the community. We would provide feedback. And then, you would test it out. We check flaws, you check flaws. Everything's good, the system takes full swing.

You guys fix the little problems. Little problems that say "Wow, if this game left beta, this would be embarrassing". Good thing we're still in beta. And since we're in beta, you still have time to get rid of stupid S#&$ like RNG. 

And, if you think RNG is bound to get you the item eventually, "eventually" isn't good enough. I don't want to play warframe and wait for alerts for booben blueprints, cause it won't happen. Or if it does, it'll be on sometime after I get off.

When you fix the little problems, you do nothing about the big problems. Frost's snowglobe. Seriously? A single heavy gunner is enough to chew through one. This was simple. Make the snowglobe have 6-7 rotating plates. Each has a set amount of hp. Hp regenerates slightly mid-combat. Hp regenerates much quickly out of combat. Each plate will take 10 seconds of not being shot into, once broken, to reappear. Two snowglobes deployed max. No duration, or a really long duration, like 2.5 to 3 minutes. The rest of his abilities are good in my opinion. 

In conclusion, and i'm sorry for the huge-&#! wall of text that I just vented my rage into (and i just realized how big this is), 

• Fix your problems. Don't make new ones.

• Community feedback. Listen to it.

• Kickbot is god.

• RNG is bad for your money and our sanity.

And, yeah, i'm really sorry about this text wall. I don't usually make mine this long, heh. 

-Ordel

Edited by Ordel

After thinking about it for a while I think the BRAKK has been used because they didn't want to have to code & develop a NEW WEAPON into the game. Just doing this alone would of saved them a shotload of time & money & effort & if thats the extent of their devotion to the game then maybe it is better it has happened now rather than down the track after people had put in even more effort.

Also I will guess that the BRAKK will suffer because of it's over use by people in the not to far future, I give it a 98% chance the BRAKK will be NERFED to HELL in coming updates & will end up being as useful as 85% of the weapons in the game that are just plain rubbish.

It's SAD WarFrame went this way cause it was for a while there looking like it might actually be a game that has everything FPS players could ever want, & that made it a danger to ALL the other FPS shooters out there. Now I would guess that BF 1942 would have a good chance of keeping up if not beating it for active players

Also I will guess that the BRAKK will suffer because of it's over use by people in the not to far future, I give it a 98% chance the BRAKK will be NERFED to HELL in coming updates & will end up being as useful as 85% of the weapons in the game that are just plain rubbish.

Keep in mind there are many of us who enjoy playing extremely high level content. Without weapons such as the Brakk and Synapse, that content would be almost impossible..

Idk why people are complaining so much. Start your own clan and get the research done and stop whining about it already. My friends and I have a clan of maybe 8 just because we wanted the clan research weapons. It feels more satisfying to know that you are contributing to the build of a new weapon, rather than purchasing the blueprint and making it. Also, it requiring Forma to make actually makes me happy because then I feel more invested into the weapon and I want to keep it and meddle around with it. So good on ya DE and hope you keep making more stuff like this! Love the fixes and different things we don't even think about that you pack into the hotfixes. Keep going and I will keep contributing to see this game make more than beta! :D

Yes. The whole Gradivus Dilemma event was all a grind. You did those 100+ missions and found them mind-numbingly boring. You counted each and every one of them. You drew notches on the wall next to your computer, looking at that wall every now and then, hoping you've scratched off the twentieth set of 4 lines.

You did it all for nothing else, but the Brakk. Just the Brakk. And suuuuure, you absolutely didn't care in the slightest about the 2x Catalysts, 2x Reactors, 6x Reactor Cells, the numerous Mutagen Masses, Fieldrons, blueprints and the TONS of credits that came along in total (with varying results, of course) from the battle pays of the event. All of those things would take newer players months to acquire... but you got them over the course of 6 days.

Sure it was a grind... Yeah, except no, no it wasn't. You had plenty of incentive for each of the bundles of 5 missions you had to do at a time.  

Okay DE, you make a game with an RNG crutch. It takes people 2 seconds to get the best items, others it could take months. This was shown with frost prime systems and other impossibly rare items pre-hotfix. Because you fixed it, it was fine. You introduce the invasion system along with a flashy event, name it the Gradivus Dilemma. Cool. We play with it, we get the better weapon.  Mistake made: You added RNG. Your goal should be to NOT add RNG. But you did anyway. You slap the parts of an old and proven weak gun onto a reskinned dog. Not cool. Later, you add the counterpart to the Harvester; the Grustrag Three. Mistake: You added RNG. You added RNG. You always @(*()$ add RNG. And it's stupid as hell. Stop @(*()$ adding RNG, for F***'s sake. Not only that, but you repeat the same @(*()$ mistakes. And at this point, it's REALLY stupid as hell.

I get what you guys are trying to do, but seriously, it doesn't take a genius. Remove RNG, add an alternate system. The most hyped system being talked about is the 'token' system; you do missions, you get tokens, you get stuff. Yeah, there's flaws, and yeah, it's a stupid system, but it's not as stupid as RNG. 

Now then, onto what you guys did well.

You made the game captivating. You made it fun. You made it a damn good game with damn bad flaws. The idea and concepts, they're amazing, but the execution is bad. I mean, let's be honest, space ninjas? That's badass. That's awesome. That's stuff you could build on. You guys add lore. You guys add goals. You guys add a reason to keep playing. This is a key thing. Without this, lots of people wouldn't play warframe.

You guys sometimes listen to the community. But you ignore us more than you do anything. Ever since warframe was created, the number one public enemy to us was RNG. But, you either ignore it, or you simply don't know what to do. But, the thing is, if you didn't know what to do, you would stretch out to the community. We would provide feedback. And then, you would test it out. We check flaws, you check flaws. Everything's good, the system takes full swing.

You guys fix the little problems. Little problems that say "Wow, if this game left beta, this would be embarrassing". Good thing we're still in beta. And since we're in beta, you still have time to get rid of stupid S#&$ like RNG. 

And, if you think RNG is bound to get you the item eventually, "eventually" isn't good enough. I don't want to play warframe and wait for alerts for booben blueprints, cause it won't happen. Or if it does, it'll be on sometime after I get off.

When you fix the little problems, you do nothing about the big problems. Frost's snowglobe. Seriously? A single heavy gunner is enough to chew through one. This was simple. Make the snowglobe have 6-7 rotating plates. Each has a set amount of hp. Hp regenerates slightly mid-combat. Hp regenerates much quickly out of combat. Each plate will take 10 seconds of not being shot into, once broken, to reappear. Two snowglobes deployed max. No duration, or a really long duration, like 2.5 to 3 minutes. The rest of his abilities are good in my opinion. 

In conclusion, and i'm sorry for the huge-&#! wall of text that I just vented my rage into (and i just realized how big this is), 

• Fix your problems. Don't make new ones.

• Community feedback. Listen to it.

• Kickbot is god.

• RNG is bad for your money and our sanity.

And, yeah, i'm really sorry about this text wall. I don't usually make mine this long, heh. 

-Ordel

This guy knows what he's talking about.

RNG is stupid, especially when you have some horrible luck like me. (If you know Soldier Front 2... I spent $400 on AIO capsules and won nothing.)

I would gladly have a node dedicated to the Grustrag three and fight them 50 times rather than have to play 500 god damn missions just to find them once.

DE buried almost all nerf guns Altered Realities Event (except vipers and machetes they were originally shabby) and now even the masses Brakk +  another nerf / her her dear DE begins to seem to me that all game events in which I participated - in vain killed time = /

Edited by Dark-AXE

good to see others are gonna be able to enjoy the brakk, i dont use mine much anymore since ive got other secondaries to level but either way it will be cool for others to enjoy one of the best secondaries in the game. as for the clantech, for me its a mixed bag. i like having clan specific content but having to grind to research and having to grind to make them does get tiresome. warframe is almost becoming a job at this point to keep up with everything. all in all though great work DE, keep it up and give Scott some double chocolate chip cookies for me :)

I approve of this update full heartedly, not only is there some nice polishing and fixes but some asthetic tweaks (ignus colours) and a step forward in making the most of your content. Events should give rewards and those rewards should make those people feel accomplished, recieving a weapon months before anyone else has even a chance to is quite good : ) Getting a garunteed outcome that gives what is normally extremely rare is another good one. Exclusive content is an effective lure but is purposefully limiting the game experience for future players, you're getting less out of your design and production work. Big thumbs up DE. Keep it up, thanks for the hard work.

I'm kinda disappointed in all the people saying "Thanks for wasting my time".  Are you not enjoying the game because now OTHER people can get gear?  This is the second time I've seen it.  First it was "OMG GARME IZ RUNED!  PRIMEZ IZ BEAN TRAYDED!"  And now it's "Brakk iz availzabible to evaryonez!  GARME IZ RUNED!"  - it's not that bad.  It was also something that was going to happen anyways.  If you didn't know it was going to happen, then maybe you ought to pull your head out of your third point of contact. 

When they put the Detron (which, by the way is what I WANTED out of the SAME EVENT) in, did you seriously think the Brakk wouldn't be coming in shortly after?  They have also said that none of the stuff was "exclusive" to that one event.

And it all boils down to this: if someone else being able to get an item is effecting YOUR fun, maybe you should reconsider what you find fun.

Well..   I just had my first Encounter with the Great Grustrag Three.    and Well I am...

Under Whelmed :(.

Was modded by them when I was working on Pluto.   Solo... as a rhino...  Sure... Lotus gave her speech about running..  yet i wanted to see them and scan them...  

I will give them credit,  and Taking out my Iron Skin.. and taking me down to 400hp...  

BUT...   Rhino Stomp..   made them easy pick'ens for my Paris Prime..     Between them and crowd controlling other enemies I did maybe 4 stomps, with use of energy gear..     before I  won...   

Please..  Make the Grustrag Three.  Immune to effects like the one in Rhino Stomp.   Cause it makes the speech Lotus gives you..  Pointless if you can stun them for a few seconds and kill them off fast.. 

And on that note...   Stalker...   Harvester...   Buff them too.   Set their Level/Strength/  Whatever relative to their targets Mastery Rank.

Mastery Rank 1-3       Spawns as lvl 15-20

Ranks 4-6    (20-25)

Ranks 7-9  (25-30)

Ranks 10-12  (35-30)

Ranks 13-15  (45-50)

etc etc.   If these guys are coming after use for deeds we did..  I want to feel afraid.  Even when I'm running in late game with forma'd gear.   I want it to be a battle, that leaves me with a feeling of accomplishment..    Much like how Lepthenis was..  Before his Nerf..   make him tougher too...  He's a giant boss.  and I cut through him like a hot knife through butter with a soma...  Needs more Hp.  and armor..  :3

I'm kinda disappointed in all the people saying "Thanks for wasting my time".  Are you not enjoying the game because now OTHER people can get gear?  This is the second time I've seen it.  First it was "OMG GARME IZ RUNED!  PRIMEZ IZ BEAN TRAYDED!"  And now it's "Brakk iz availzabible to evaryonez!  GARME IZ RUNED!"  - it's not that bad.  It was also something that was going to happen anyways.  If you didn't know it was going to happen, then maybe you ought to pull your head out of your third point of contact. 

When they put the Detron (which, by the way is what I WANTED out of the SAME EVENT) in, did you seriously think the Brakk wouldn't be coming in shortly after?  They have also said that none of the stuff was "exclusive" to that one event.

And it all boils down to this: if someone else being able to get an item is effecting YOUR fun, maybe you should reconsider what you find fun.

This needs to on the front page. +1

Wow i just finished reading this topic today and i faceplamed like 3 times every page. All those hate for re-releasing the brakk.. seriously guys? You are raging about making a weapon available for everyone because some didnt have the chance to get it? Me for example: I didnt have the chance to get a brakk because my old S#&$ty computer (R.I.P.) crashed in every Gradivus mission. So these people are going to get hated because you people that complain about this re-release cuz you dont feel "special" anymore? Good job proving that this communtiy has a bunch of (sorry for language) idiots in here! Like, seriously stop hatin... for real. And all of you that complain about more research weapons: Just....stop. I mean they are not hard to get especially not if you are in a 200+ Clan. Also almost every weapon you have to research is very viable and so is the new pistol and the Castanas. Overall a good job from DE in my opinion.