Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

If I Were Going To Overhaul Nekros, This Is What I Would Do

[DE]Momaw

1.) Soul Punch.

The problem:

Single target non-scaling damage.

Fix:

Does 10% of the enemy's max health in damage, plus {strength} as a flat integer value, to a single target.  If the target dies from this hit, then does AOE damage equal to the enemy's max hit points.

This allows the ability to scale to enemy level, and becomes more tactically interesting and rewarding.

2.) Terror.

The problem:

Clumsy crowd control that will be generally be useless when you really need it, and irritates your team.

Fix:

For the next {duration} seconds, any enemy who is within a short distance of Nekros is struck by his sheer menace, and cowers in fear.  Enemies who hit him with ranged weapons have a chance of being similarly affected for a shorter time.

By immobilizing enemies instead of forcing them to run away, you avoid irritating your team. And by making it an aura that moves with Nekros, it is a far more useful defensive measure since it will update to affect any enemies he comes in contact with.

3.) Desecrate.

The problem:

Great team support, but not really thematic. Also really easy to min-max for this.

Fix:

Enemy corpses within {range} explode, afflicting enemies with diseases that slow and weaken them. Corpses exploded roll on the loot table, however the chance to get anything except a health orb scales based on {duration}.

Gives more thematic functionality and reduces min-max potential.

4.) Shadows of the Dead.

The problem:

A very slow ability to cast, on a frame that has no ability to protect itself from damage. The shadows created are dumb as a box of rocks and generally useless outside of Survival or Mobile Defense where enemies will rush in great numbers.

Fix:

Nekros becomes invulnerable while casting this. For the next {duration} seconds, enemies killed by Nekros will rise and fight for him. Risen shadows only last a short time but have {strength}% of their original stats (can greatly exceed 100%!).

Allows the ability to function in a useful way for more mission types by moving with Nekros instead of being limited to fortifying a small area.

• 2 weeks later...

I like all these concepts, but I'm on the fence for Shadows of The Dead. Your change to Terrify will help those missions with alot of moving around, and other frames can use their ultimates instead of Nekros. I use it usually when a teammate goes down.

Other than that, love it all.

-Jin