The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Orokin Cell Nerf

MoonZapdos

We found a reliable way for players to acquire Orokin Cells. This is unintentional and has been fixed.

Joke aside, is there a reason why Invasions now reward only one Orokin Cell, down from three? Other rare materials continue to be given as rewards in stacks of three, why were Orokin Cells stealth nerfed?

This change was not mentioned in any patch and doesn't leave me all that happy considering the alternatives is to collect Golem Nav Coordinates for Lephantis, or farm the painstakingly dull bosses that are Sargas Ruk and Lech Kril because DE insists on thinking invulnerability phases are fun or add difficulty.

Let's not mention that in the time it takes you to run those 5 missions, you could've easily killed Ruk around ten times, which would have yielded at the very least 3 Cells.

Edited by MoonZapdos

Joke aside, is there a reason why Invasions now reward only one Orokin Cell, down from three? Other rare materials continue to be given as rewards in stacks of three, why were Orokin Cells stealth nerfed?

This change was not mentioned in any patch and doesn't leave me all that happy considering the alternatives is to collect Golem Nav Coordinates for Lephantis, or farm the painstakingly dull boss that is Sargas Ruk because DE insists on thinking invulnerability phases are fun or add difficulty.

It was "mentioned" in a patch note:

- Tweaked enemy strategies in invasions for factions that are on the ropes in the Star Chart.

EDIT: typo.

Edited by Guest

This change was not mentioned in any patch and doesn't leave me all that happy considering the alternatives is to collect Golem Nav Coordinates for Lephantis, or farm the painstakingly dull boss that is Sargas Ruk because DE insists on thinking invulnerability phases are fun or add difficulty.

Let's not mention that in the time it takes you to run those 5 missions, you could've easily killed Ruk around ten times, which would have yielded at the very least 3 Cells.

to make you more willing to buy them on the market or waste a lot of time praying you get them off the saturn boss fight.

ODD used to yield useful amounts for a 30+ wave run, these days tho ive often gone 30-40+ and got 1 to none.

Edited by Methanoid

Remembers fondly of the times when I had 50+ cells *sad face*

I do think its a bit ummmmm well lame that 5 runs=1cell. Grant it that just means the other reward is better of the 2. Could this be a secret way of steering players to pick the side that doesn't have that 1 cell? *conspiracy theory gasp*

@Methanoid ....enough to have an orokin surplus.  Happened twice this week...and I only do extractors twice a day after workdays.

your a lucky minority then, i never got any neither have tons of others on the extractor threads, so i just dont use them anymore, if they dont provide the only thing of use to me, then their worthless, i have untold amounts of everything else and nothing to use them on already.

cells and maybe neural sensor are the only thigns i have v few of, at 1 time that was neurodes, tho now ive even got loads of those.

also theres several prime weapons i seriously regret wasting 10 cells each on.

Edited by Methanoid

idunno what y'all are talking about. 

3WZM8Cn.png

am actually low since i've been building Forma constantly for the past week. 

i got probably two or three dozen in the time i spent in ODS for Burston parts.

and on the super, super, super rare occasion i fight bosses for Orokin Cells (more like someone wants me to accompany them while they do it), they'll drop one 2/3 times. 

- not to mention getting Mastery points 'back in the day' on Kiste, so over many dozen matches there, i picked up a lot of Orokin Cells. 

plan your gameplay around what you 'need' so that you can kill many birds with one stone. and then hopefully you can get lost in just enjoying the game, rather than paying attention to a counter taped on to a little icon.

- if you plan ahead a bit, you should find yourself in a world of ease. the last time i was 'low' on a Resource, was U8, with all of the Clantech, which called for Plastids. so i was short on Plastids for a while, but after things settled in and i planned ahead better, they started piling up and building a mountain just like everything else. 

edit:

besides, Invasions aren't supposed to replace playing missions, they are a supplemental feature. if Invasions always had a 'worthy' reward, they would replace all of the missions we currently have. and that would be absurd, so best off having things with useful rewards. need to play a mission a few times? that's not really very terrible...

it's only grinding if you're playing that way.

Edited by taiiat

This change was not mentioned in any patch and doesn't leave me all that happy considering the alternatives is to collect Golem Nav Coordinates for Lephantis, or farm the painstakingly dull bosses that are Sargas Ruk and Lech Kril because DE insists on thinking invulnerability phases are fun or add difficulty.

invasion was nerf reward wise to be in balance with the rest of the game

not gonna say which DE said this cause its was a pm from me to them and them back to me 

Cells drop on 2 planets on the starmap, plus the derelict.  All three include multiple missions, not just assasinations.  You've got a fair number of other options.

You're missing the point.

A single cell isn't going to motivate anyone. It feels like being cheated precisely because there are better options.

Yeah I have titan extractors on both Ceres and Saturn.  I have not gotten a single orokin cell from them since extractors came out.

im looking at your shiney badge there and assuming you have the marginally better extractors that founders get?  and their no better off?  or was it the number of them deplyable at once that was different, i actually forget now?

im looking at your shiney badge there and assuming you have the marginally better extractors that founders get?  and their no better off?  or was it the number of them deplyable at once that was different, i actually forget now?

I get the same extractors that everyone else gets, but my mastery level allowes me to have 4 out at once (limit 1 per planet).

Edited by Soulie

i somehow knew when i saw your reply that if i checked your player age youd be an old/early player, typically most "everything is fine" type posts are by players <U10/11.

my account creation date should say a lot ;)

and yes, sometime around U5/U6.

but that doesn't necessarily connect me with thinking everything is fine. but like with Resources that were changed in the past, things are infact generally fine. Control Modules 'impossible' to get? bullsh*t, i was reliably getting them from Hyena within a few runs. that was a fair tradeoff. 

Neurodes 'impossible' to get? bullsh*t, i was reliably getting them from Vay Hek within a few runs, that was a fair tradeoff.

Orokin Cells 'impossible' to get? bullsh*t, i can reliably get them inside a few boss runs, and usually grab a handful from a long duration mission.

i legitimately think people greatly exxaggerate their hate for aqquiring an item taking longer than 5 minutes so Resources among other things can be trivialized, and then 5 minutes later complain they're bored. 

A single cell isn't going to motivate anyone. It feels like being cheated precisely because there are better options.

if you need a bundle of carrots in front of you to motivate you to play the game, honestly, i think the problem resides elsewhere. the items you get are a bonus to the game, they are not THE game.