The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Orokin Cell Nerf

MoonZapdos

if you need a bundle of carrots in front of you to motivate you to play the game, honestly, i think the problem resides elsewhere. the items you get are a bonus to the game, they are not THE game. 

its just that ppl only go for those carrots in the first place, theres no other reason to go there, theres no consequences of going/not going and no positive element for being there.

adding those things like the harvester and the new 3 amigo's is just a bad crutch to encourage ppl goto a place that you have no intention of going too, which we should be used too as its the exact same reason mutagens and corrupt mods inside vaults were put into orokin derelicts, both have nothing of worth so something is added to make them have some form of brief worth.

if you need a bundle of carrots in front of you to motivate you to play the game, honestly, i think the problem resides elsewhere. the items you get are a bonus to the game, they are not THE game. 

The grind -is- the game.

Edited by MoonZapdos

You're missing the point.

A single cell isn't going to motivate anyone. It feels like being cheated precisely because there are better options.

you be really surprise.....

every invasion i seen with a cell reward on one of the side

everyone do that single side for the cell even tho opposite gives something worths more

The grind -is- the game.

all Video Games are a 'grind'. every single one. think of your favorite Video Game, and what parts of it that were the 'grind'. it was there. i guarantee you. 

i know, it's totally unfair that in Heretic you had to 'grind' through the game levels in order to aqquire equipment and new Weapons, it should have just given all of them to you at the start.

people actually like Grind, much to their dismay when that point is brought up. there are some levels of it that can be overkill, though, absolutely.

if you think 'Grind' is all there is to a specific Video Game, you really aren't truly enjoying it. because it's not 'Grind' when the game is enjoyable to play for you.

oh, and i should clear up. those items aren't grind. they are just items. they're there for the same reason we have multiple tilesets and Enemy types. to keep adding variety for those that are finding themselves not completely entertained by what is already in front of them.

unfortunately, it is very common for players to play a Video Game, just to 'get'. nothing else matters, and according to their actions, the game is only fun when they 'get' something.

just like employment, it's not a laborious job if you're enjoying it. but if all you enjoy is the paycheck, of course you won't like the tasks you are given.

im not sure if you guys have noticed this, but while even though they lowered the amount of orokin cells, they did increase the frequency of them exponentially

basically all the corpus invasions on eris have given cells, where previously only one in every 20 invasions would offer cells

not saying that was the right thing to do, just bringing it to attention, and in the end we are actually getting more orokin cells than before

all Video Games are a 'grind'. every single one. think of your favorite Video Game, and what parts of it that were the 'grind'. it was there. i guarantee you. 

i know, it's totally unfair that in Heretic you had to 'grind' through the game levels in order to aqquire equipment and new Weapons, it should have just given all of them to you at the start.

people actually like Grind, much to their dismay when that point is brought up. there are some levels of it that can be overkill, though, absolutely.

if you think 'Grind' is all there is to a specific Video Game, you really aren't truly enjoying it. because it's not 'Grind' when the game is enjoyable to play for you.

oh, and i should clear up. those items aren't grind. they are just items. they're there for the same reason we have multiple tilesets and Enemy types. to keep adding variety for those that are finding themselves not completely entertained by what is already in front of them.

unfortunately, it is very common for players to play a Video Game, just to 'get'. nothing else matters, and according to their actions, the game is only fun when they 'get' something.

just like employment, it's not a laborious job if you're enjoying it. but if all you enjoy is the paycheck, of course you won't like the tasks you are given.

Thank god you're not a game developer, if you think grind is fun

Thank god you're not a game developer, if you think grind is fun

I think you've missed the point. Which was this one: "grind" is what you call effort that is unfun to you.

It does not mean certain levels of effort won't be unfun for a vast majority, nor does it mean that there aren't different viable ways of making games difficult that do not involve mindless repetition, either.

Again, Taiiat just said that people complain about the grind because the game is not fun enough for them to ignore the effort required to get some things.