The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Petition To Mastery Lock Nova

ZWarhammer

Nerfing ultimate spam by mastery locking certain frames?? Are you mad ppl??

Or you want to tell me that ultimate spamming is fine as long as its not nova or rhino...

You want to stop ultimate spam then nerf it instead of crippling new players.

ya the spam is the issue. mastery rank would just delay players by at least x days, 

DE need to address what causes the spam and in nova's case it's effectiveness. i still haven't constructed a nova so i cant say much more than i find her ability to nuke a room annoying.

The problem is that many people do not understand XP distrubution even at high mastery ranks.  I have come across a pluthera of people who just don't have knowledge of this game and the mechanics.  i met a mastery 12 person who did not know how to get Orokin cells !!!!.  and a mastery 9 player who was spamming nova in xini, when i asked if should could stay close so we can all share xp. They answer: I DON'T WANT TO SHARE MY XP, its mine, GET YOUR OWN. lol...

I think all players need to be educated more about the game some way. nerfing and buffing things is just a result of bad players, not BAD OR GOOD frames or weapons.

Mastery rank is a bad gating mechanism to enforce power restraints on players, and this is mainly due to how this game handles mastery. There is no end-game, and until DE adds stuff that requires oodles of power it is only folly to keep trivializing existing content by claiming that sufficient mastery rank entities players to power.  Nova's power to nuke did suddenly become anymore justifiable because a player hit master rank 14, or 30.

Having Nova gated by mastery rank, would only funnel min/max player into using Rhino or the 2nd best AoE frame. I am making no claim that any AoE heavy frame is properly balanced, and Nova is just a symptom of overall Warframe imbalance.

I am mastery rank 14, and have a Nova.

Edited by LazyKnight

It would be cool if there was a "no-powers" mode on nightmare or something like that with better rewards, where people have to actually aim to survive, I think a lot of people like "ZWarhammer" wouldn't get very far :)

I remember when I was new finding it annoying how some people like volt etc would just run from room to room lolaoeing everything by buttonmashing

Playing guns only on an infested survival for example would make it more interesting and make what survival times people get more of an actual achievement for appropriately better rewards

mastery rank 30....the question is who has reached that mastery? No one, thats steep and unreasonable. The thing is with Nova and any warframe. Players have to experience the warframe and get a feel for it during gameplay. Only playing a warframe and experiencing gives you that skill for that warframe in combat. Mastery, has nothing to do with how to use a warframe.

I keep hearing this, yet I keep seeing high rank players doing exactly what the new players are being accused of.  Watching a high rank nova rush so far ahead and clear the whole map while no one else gets xp. 

Some players just aren't thoughtful and it has nothing to do with rank.

but I don't see how that fixes anything.

This.

The devs have stated themselves that they don't want Frames to come in "tiers". Frames need to be balanced, and Mastery locking is not a balancing factor.

DE has tried to balance frames. Each attempt resulted in a community S#&$storm, or something else.

There is weekly S#&$storm about Nova breaking the game anyway.

Or do you mean there is not faith in DE ability to balance anything without ruining it?

The devs have stated themselves that they don't want Frames to come in "tiers". Frames need to be balanced, and Mastery locking is not a balancing factor.

Words and actions are different. Their changes, lack of changes and even new frames say otherwise. Some frames are god tier, others are good only for low-mid levels.

Edited by Monolake

Words and actions are different. Their changes, lack of changes and even new frames say otherwise. Some frames are god tier, others are good only for low-mid levels.

Then DE should fix them. Mastery locking goes against DE's original intention and is nothing more than a lazy bandaid fix.

I think Nova abilities aren't in a need of nerfing or mastery locking (no frames are mastery locked by design).

On the other hand, XP/stat distribution is more like a problem. Ok, basically you get XP from killing Molecular Primed enemies, but all the kills goes to Nova. I think there should be a stat screen like

| team stats | player 1 | player 2 | player 3 | player 4

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
kills       |   235         |    45%    |    25%    |    15%    |    15%
revives  |      8         |      25%  |     50%   |      0%    |     25%
etc.

where kills not counted to players, instead a percentage of damage given (as this stat is already present). This way it seems more like contribution than kill stealing.