The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Stalker/harvester/grustrag Encounter Rates Should Be Dynamic

VidMasterEon

I can assume I am in the majority of people who are tired of mercilessly grinding in vain for one of these three. Seeing how a token system is likely out of the question, I simply propose a less draconian skinner box. My idea is instead of having the encounter rates staying at a static 6%, it should steadily increase as more of the requirements are completed. For example, the more bosses you kill, the higher chance of the stalker appearing until he appears and will reset with a new death mark. Same goes for grustrag and harvester, where completing more invasion mission for respective sides increases the chances of them appearing with the encounter rate reseting to its base when encountered

Additionally, you could increase the probability of the specific enemy appear for each mission you do without them showing up.

So while doing invasions/assassinations increases the value greatly, other missions increase the number by a lesser amount, so you're not forced to repeatedly do the same boring missions over and over and can do more diverse things and still up your chances.

The thing is I genuinely hate skinner boxes and this game is a prime example of one I can understand the importance of RNG seeing how it is supposed to keep this game alive but there are far better options for an endgame not just keeping us on a hamster wheel to get the best weapons which is the way RNG has been handled to this point. I feel RNG should have direction instead it just being another roll of the dice so that boring runs aren't just in vain they contribute to eventual success.

The way rng is handled right now is that for example every run you do where you dont get what you need it is just a waste of time and seeing how it isnt related to f2p since the brakk\detron can't be bought just adds up to bad game design

I honestly love this game and am pround to be a founder but I want it to be more than just a skinner box

Instead of trying to look for them (Stalker, G3, Harvester)

Farm for something else instead, like resources

I hunted Harvester for Detron around 3 weeks, never saw an encounter...

Then I got everything in 1 day (barrel, receiver, Detron bp) while farming circuits and polymer bundles because I was running low

True story

:3

Yeah, they haven't tried at all. If anything they've just tried to make even more things based on RNG, and that's probably in response to all the whiners complaining about others getting items that they have.

Problem I have with this is now you're back to having people grind invasions.
I HATE invasions.

Grinding one mission for a petty reward 5 times is a row is breathtakingly dull.

1 Orokin Cell for 5 missions? REALLY??

I could go grind Ruk or Lephantis that many times and come out with 3 or 4!

The only rewards that make invasions worth doing are the Catalysts and Reactors and Forma, that's it.

You could argue that 3 Fieldron or Detonite are worth it.

But all the resources and credit rewards are so effing pathetic it's not even funny and they even REDUCED the credit rewards LOL.