Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Improvements And Additions] - Building Modes | New Rooms And Objects | The Dojo Visuals

DreamCaster3

Repost from another thread: room - smelter

I would definitely like a smelter, and I already have some ideas for it.

1,) allow us to craft several of the same object at the same time. (Forma, detonit injectors, etc.. (Building my ogris took me forever because there were no invasions at that time and i had to build each injector separately) => my reasoning for that is that you can build an unlimited amount of objects in the foundry at the same time providing you have the resources.

This feature could be limited by setting a maximum number of objects that can be built at the same time (possibly different depending on clan tier)

2,) slightly faster crafting time for objects built in the smelter compared to those built in the foundry (maybe 10% faster?)

3,) make all veteran players happy and allow scrapping of weapons (scrapping takes half as long as building, scrapping takes credits but returns catalysts/reactors, forma and gives you a chance to get back rare resources.

=> treat a smelter like a trading post, every clanmember can access it, there is a max capacity (number of objects that can built at the same time, -> if your clanmates are already building stuff you have to wait)

Clans who use this feature heavily would be well advised to build several smelters (like a mountain clan won't only have one trading post)

how about a "useful" "decoration" : Argon Fridge => Extends Argon lifespan by X%... :P

HA that would be interesting and strangely useful... but I doubt that'll ever happen :P

Repost from another thread: room - smelter

I would definitely like a smelter, and I already have some ideas for it.

1,) allow us to craft several of the same object at the same time. (Forma, detonit injectors, etc.. (Building my ogris took me forever because there were no invasions at that time and i had to build each injector separately) => my reasoning for that is that you can build an unlimited amount of objects in the foundry at the same time providing you have the resources.

This feature could be limited by setting a maximum number of objects that can be built at the same time (possibly different depending on clan tier)

2,) slightly faster crafting time for objects built in the smelter compared to those built in the foundry (maybe 10% faster?)

3,) make all veteran players happy and allow scrapping of weapons (scrapping takes half as long as building, scrapping takes credits but returns catalysts/reactors, forma and gives you a chance to get back rare resources.

=> treat a smelter like a trading post, every clanmember can access it, there is a max capacity (number of objects that can built at the same time, -> if your clanmates are already building stuff you have to wait)

Clans who use this feature heavily would be well advised to build several smelters (like a mountain clan won't only have one trading post)

Good idea however reducing foundry capabilities may cause quite an upset for players who don't have clans or don't want to have clans. Also it may overcomplicate things. I see how being able to access building personal items in the dojo would be a benefit rather than having to leave to dojo to access the foundry. It's sort of a 50/50 pro and con thing.

I do like the idea of scrapping. This could just be added into the foundry though, rather than adding a new feature into the dojo itself. However you'd have to consider that if the weapon or item has been bought from the in-game store then only formas or catalysts could be returned, not resources.

EDIT: I'll add scrapping to the suggestion list on page 1.

Edited by DreamCaster3

• 2 weeks later...

Theres some other more suggest that i can say for to be add.

Suggest "check the photos":

"a photo is way to be like 1000... words."

http://media3.onsugar.com/files/2011/10/43/1/192/1922794/c4256b4a3fead9ef_Screen_shot_2011-10-24_at_2.54.26_PM.png

(include the chair that what we can sit animation, or atleast the area we can put a decoration that can allow use as an action to be able to sit on it like the bells and the drums...)

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_4lPDI6CjOlE/TDc41-PW3OI/AAAAAAAAAyY/JhxJQPe8e1Q/s320/radio-online.jpg

(a decoration of a radio online we can hear, 1 more reason instead be bored on the dojo without doing only for weapon research, so ill give another reason to give a nice stay to be on the game meaning on dojo way)

Edited by Agente_GentlePhoenix

I agree with you, in that it'd be nice to be able to actually sit on the bench as that is kind of what it is designed for. Plus a table and chair set would be a nice aesthetic too. Just small ones that could be places individually and snap into place on nearing the table. Not sure they will add the ability to allow us to sit on the drums or the bells however. Not yet at least, as I could only see them focussing on objects which are designed to be sat on.

Dojo music would be a bonus and the dev stream with the sound team did reveal a little. They did mention they'd like to work on that and they are working with a composer to create dynamic scoring for all parts of the game however their main concern with sound at the moment as far as I know is the development of actual mission sounds, namely the Infested are getting an overhaul and the Warframes are getting numerous sounds to add variety. This however is my knowledge, the best idea would be to check the stream itself to see what they said about sound :)

Hey DreamCaster3. Your ideas are totally boss. Similar to some of my own. I, myself hope they get rid of the "mother/child" creation and deletion method. But I would like to see your own creations in your dojo. I'll be posting pics of mine in another thread. Its hard to get certain angles and shots tho.

Hey DreamCaster3. Your ideas are totally boss. Similar to some of my own. I, myself hope they get rid of the "mother/child" creation and deletion method. But I would like to see your own creations in your dojo. I'll be posting pics of mine in another thread. Its hard to get certain angles and shots tho.

Thanks for your support :)

I should be able to post up a few designs in progress in my dojo. We're not prioritising decorations at the moment as we're going through a complete dojo rebuild but I have a few things up and running. If you PM a link to the post you're putting your pictures in I'll post mine up there so you can see what I've managed to do so far!

If you can, do try to draw attention to this thread, would be nice to see us get some changes happening :)

Thanks for your support :)

I should be able to post up a few designs in progress in my dojo. We're not prioritising decorations at the moment as we're going through a complete dojo rebuild but I have a few things up and running. If you PM a link to the post you're putting your pictures in I'll post mine up there so you can see what I've managed to do so far!

If you can, do try to draw attention to this thread, would be nice to see us get some changes happening :)

I will do what I can. changes do need to happen. Sooner than later I hope.

yeah, agree with that, we should also get a resource vault like the credit vault so i can just dump all of my alloy plate somewhere, also it would be good for the clan leader to be notified every time a clan member donates some materials

Donation tracking is a feature I think we all really want to see in the game to allow the leaders to see who is actually contributing and who might need a little encouragement or incentive or in some cases a kick.

Would be nice to be able to add all resources required to make any object into the vault. It's a good idea :)

• 2 weeks later...

I'd like to say that if any of you have suggestions I will add them to this post for you as long as they are within reason of course! A lot of people have already given great improvements and additions that they'd like to see and I think we all agree there is a lot more that could be put in the dojo. All your support of the thread is fully appreciated and hopefully we'll get the attention and see the changes made :)

• 2 weeks later...

+1 from me. Love the ideas I thought about most of them myself but was to lazy to post them in a thread like this. 

I have some ideas that could be useful in my opinion.

1.) is let clan leaders add or subtract ranks in their clan not really a dojo idea but I'll still put it here.

2.) maybe have some sentinels fly around and assist in some things.

3.)have the obstacle course have a leader board and also have a track the player can modify in some way.

Keep up the great ideas :D  

• 2 weeks later...

+1 from me. Love the ideas I thought about most of them myself but was to lazy to post them in a thread like this. 

I have some ideas that could be useful in my opinion.

1.) is let clan leaders add or subtract ranks in their clan not really a dojo idea but I'll still put it here.

2.) maybe have some sentinels fly around and assist in some things.

3.)have the obstacle course have a leader board and also have a track the player can modify in some way.

Keep up the great ideas :D  

Thanks for your support :) Any other ideas you think of, push them this way and I'll put them in the suggestions post on the 1st page! :D

I will add suggestions to the post now :) but any others are welcome!

• 3 months later...

Bumping this for the first time in forever. My reappearance into Warframe is inevitable eventually. University takes priority but I'll still be here so if you've anything to add just say so. If anything on here is already added and I don't know say too because I've been gone a little while! 

Now go be a ninja.