Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Indicator For Closed Doors/lockers

Marshall

Since I find it pretty annoying to walk up a door to check if it can be opened or if it is closed, I wish for such an indicator to see it from the distance. The same goes for lockers btw.

You could use some shape or something else to indicate reliably.

thank you a lot

+ TRSS

it would really really really help if you mentioned even once youre saying any of this is reference to the master thief mod. or, if you're not, they do. energy for closed doors is red, energy for open is green, and for temporarily locked is orange. on another note, what IS this in reference to? i keep thinking of new strange possibilities.

well... we do have the whole color system in place, even with all the bugs that come with it (host change, lag or joining late can break the colors).

aside from that, it would almost seem too derpy to plaster signs all over everything saying if it can be opened or not.

i can feel for the color blind people out there, and i do hope that DE does/is doing something about this issue for them, but much more and it will get ridiculous.

might as well just not have doors at all and just put solid "brick" walls everywhere.

it would really really really help if you mentioned even once youre saying any of this is reference to the master thief mod

I didn't because I talk about doors/lockers in general.

energy for closed doors is red, energy for open is green, and for temporarily locked is orange.

do lockers and doors have energy?

i keep thinking of new strange possibilities.

DE could implement light matrices that change depending on the lockers'/doors' status - like, idk ... something like this xP

Are you color blind or something?

how can I tell?

I didn't because I talk about doors/lockers in general.

do lockers and doors have energy?

DE could implement light matrices that change depending on the lockers'/doors' status - like, idk ... something like this xP

how can I tell?

oh boy, yes doors and lockers usually have a green or red energy indicator defining locked or unlocked state (green is unlocked btw)

as for how you can tell, there are six basic colors, 3 primary and 3 secondary, blue red and yellow as primary, orange, green and purple as secondary. google these colors and if any look the same as the other then that is likely bad news for you. (compare to black, grey, white).

doors and lockers usually have a green or red energy indicator defining locked or unlocked state

I don't think so.

as for how you can tell, there are six basic colors, 3 primary and 3 secondary, blue red and yellow as primary, orange, green and purple as secondary

are we talking about Warframe or general?

google these colors and if any look the same as the other then that is likely bad news for you

you should consider the definition of colo(u)r. according to the Oxford Dictionary, it is the indivdual perception. if two guys see different colours of the same object, they are both right. if one cannot distinguish something what others can, he/she is still right.

and by the way, some of you should stop being diacks because what if I am really colour blind? am I a troll then?

and if I was colour blind, I was still right saying that the status of lockers and doors cannot be distinguished by their colours/energy/whatever.

anyway, you could bring up a definition for "colo(u)r blind". again, according to the Oxford dictionary, there is no general colour blindness but a specific one with respect to certain colours

dots, dots and more dots.

I see rather a bunch of circles

oh yeah those things. might need more than the one type to be sure though

indeed, but he seems to have problem with red/green colors, this test is the most appropriate (i studied a lot about eye perception, psychology and stuff)

dots, dots and more dots.

don't be trollish, we are trying to be serious °^°

interesting, what about this?

ishihara_6.jpg

Edited by Regar

I don't think so.

you should consider the definition of colo(u)r. according to the Oxford Dictionary, it is the indivdual perception. if two guys see different colours of the same object, they are both right. if one cannot distinguish something what others can, he/she is still right.

and by the way, some of you should stop being diacks because what if I am really colour blind? am I a troll then?

and if I was colour blind, I was still right saying that the status of lockers and doors cannot be distinguished by their colours/energy/whatever.

anyway, you could bring up a definition for "colo(u)r blind". again, according to the Oxford dictionary, there is no general colour blindness but a specific one with respect to certain colours

i don't really know a whole lot about color blindness, but i do know there is more than one type. some see partial colors, others see in only black and white. the partials are where most of the variation is. as well, i am trying to be serious. individual perception could be different yeah, however biologically our eyes function the same way, so in a good bit of probability we see the same colors except in the cases where one would not see certain/most colors

edit: i asked you to look at the colors because if any were similar to black/grey/white for you then the chances are high that you are in fact some kind of color blind. however, the circles test regar posted is more accurate

Edited by Delano

I don't think so.

They do. Red doors = closed, Green = open. It's a FACT

In general

This is about whether or not you are colorblind now (because there indeed IS color indicators for open and closed doors), not about the philosophy of perception

anyway, you could bring up a definition for "colo(u)r blind". again, according to the Oxford dictionary, there is no general colour blindness but a specific one with respect to certain colours\

It is possible to have complete colorblindness, it's called cerebral achromatopsia (obtained), or congenital achromatopsia (inherited) also you may have red-green colorblindness

My responses, underlined within the quote.

Edited by AXCrusnik

Doors, not my best friend. As someone with a confirmed case of minor red - green colour blindness I can tell you that the indicators for doors being red and green makes a big difference. Ideally a clear symbol on the door for both states would be nice. That way I wouldn't have to walk right up to practically every door I see and stare at them for a second.

Edit: Just looked at the circle things in here. I can just make out a 21 on the first one, got no idea at all for the second.

Edited by PenutReaper

Edit: Just looked at the circle things in here. I can just make out a 21 on the first one, got no idea at all for the second.

First is 74, second is a 6. x: Not sure if it's possible for color blindness to get worse though. Or how it affects people.

Sorry.