Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Indicator For Closed Doors/lockers

Marshall

I knew I wouldn't get the numbers right, like I said, I know I am colourblind. My uncle is colourblind, so was my granddad.

I didn't find out till I was 13, but I think my specific colour blindness is pretty mild. It hasn't caused me many problems so far.

Also, fun fact, in some situations, a person with colour blindness can see something a normal visioned person can not. I believe colourblind snipers were used pretty frequently in one of the world wars. It also makes for some interesting stuff in games, you know the map array on black ops, you can not hide from me at all on that map.

I learned something new today! :D Thanks, man. lol

And only eye problems I got is astigmatism, and a lens decided to grow a twin...from itself.

Perhaps doors should have some kind of symbol on them in either Square or Rectangle shapes. 'Cause, you know. Corpus love them blocks, and Grineer love French Bread. :P

Edited by Sidathe

In a different thread of mine, I talked about the gaussian curve.

the major part of the audience is neutral, a small part is supportive, another small part is destructive.

if you belong to a different part of the gaussian distribution than me, I can deal with it. but the way you present your opinion as fact is way to $&*&*#(%& for me.

he is right though. there are different colors on the doors to indicate their state.

And you are implying that colour blindness is 100% bad. Honestly, that actually offended me. Given the chance to fix my colour blindness, I wouldn't take it.

For most people colour blindness isn't a disability as much as it is a difference.

I am sorry for you. I didn't mean to hurt anybody :'|

I like the way you see colourblindness even if it is the opposite of its definition :D you are a great... dude...lady? I don't know your gender - let's say you are an awesome person!

and I don't think I was implying colourblindness was bad. what I rather said was that he assumed something to be true what is not certain at all yet. and I told him to get off because his general attitude is not constructive in this thread.

he is right though. there are different colors on the doors to indicate their state.

well, he is not and you are not either. due to the nature of my sentence, I must be right because it is a fact. this is the logic according to you

the major part of the audience is neutral, a small part is supportive, another small part is destructive.

if you belong to a different part of the gaussian distribution than me, I can deal with it. but the way you present your opinion as fact is way to $&*&*#(%& for me.

I am sorry for you. I didn't mean to hurt anybody :'|

I like the way you see colourblindness even if it is the opposite of its definition :D you are a great... dude...lady? I don't know your gender - let's say you are an awesome person!

and I don't think I was implying colourblindness was bad. what I rather said was that he assumed something to be true what is not certain at all yet. and I told him to get off because his general attitude is not constructive in this thread.

well, he is not and you are not either. due to the nature of my sentence, I must be right because it is a fact. this is the logic according to you

mr TRSS, i'm not trying to imply anything, but you seem to avoid my reminder to the 2nd image, for the 3rd time now, if you are fine with your situation and you don't want to know if you are color-blind or not, i'm fine with it, just clearly say it and i will take my knowledge and effort somewhere else

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/132112-data-terminal-spawned-behind-a-red-door/

red doors^

http://s787.photobucket.com/user/Daoxue/media/Warframe0108_zpsb699518a.png.html

green door^

http://i1.ytimg.com/vi/ZaHm_4WOY0g/hqdefault.jpg

green door^

http://s127.photobucket.com/user/mur4s4me/media/mur4s4me009/2013-11-17_00002_zps005fd908.jpg.html

nother green door^

http://s017.radikal.ru/i400/1307/33/3224aafbe756.jpg

red door^

shall i go on?

facts make people right. doors have green and or red energy indicators. therefore, you either lie, or have some manner of color blindness. there is no middle ground on this particular issue

Edited by Delano

Actually his attitude seems pretty good. Mist game developers completely forgot about adding in any kind of support for colour blindness, plus a lot of people have serious misconceptions about it.

9 times out of 10 when you tell someone you are colourblind they will point to something and ask what colour it is. And then I will them the correct colour and almost 100% of the time they say "you are not colourblind then".

It's nice to see someone not only recognising potential colour blindness but also bringing more awareness of it. It affect 1 in every 10 people and most people have serious misconceptions and misunderstandings about it.

Also, a little more on topic, the doors still have a red and green indicator to tell us if they are open, even after Steve mentioned colourblind support months ago.

Yeah, it isn't exactly damage 2.0 or melee 2.0 but evening the playing field between colourblind and non - colourblind players would have a noticeable impact of a large number of players.

facts make people right. doors have green and or red energy indicators. therefore, you either lie, or have some manner of color blindness. there is no middle ground on this particular issue

Or his monitor is getting old, or his GPU has screwed up settings.

I tend to be blunt when correcting people when they deny obvious facts such as the door indicators. I'm sorry if I came off as cross but what I said is true. Also even though you dislike me, I fully support you in wanting to add a colorblind compatible way to identify the state of doors, but this whole time you've been rather difficult with accepting that you may be colorblind. There's nothing wrong with being colorblind, as Peanut has said. You even offended him with how off put you were with me even suggesting you might be colorblind. I suggest you calm down... Nearly everyone in this thread is trying to help you in some way, even me.

Hmm... I didn't think of that. Good point, maybe his colors are just displaying oddly

Edited by AXCrusnik

"1. Denial and Isolation

The first reaction to learning of terminal illness or death of a cherished loved one is to deny the reality of the situation. It is a normal reaction to rationalize overwhelming emotions. It is a defense mechanism that buffers the immediate shock. We block out the words and hide from the facts. This is a temporary response that carries us through the first wave of pain."

copied and pasted from http://psychcentral.com/lib/the-5-stages-of-loss-and-grief/000617

also, yes. those things are also a possibility. TRSS can you try to use warframe on a different computer? or view any of the pictures i linked above on a phone of some sort?

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/132112-data-terminal-spawned-behind-a-red-door/

red doors^

http://s787.photobucket.com/user/Daoxue/media/Warframe0108_zpsb699518a.png.html

green door^

http://i1.ytimg.com/vi/ZaHm_4WOY0g/hqdefault.jpg

green door^

http://s127.photobucket.com/user/mur4s4me/media/mur4s4me009/2013-11-17_00002_zps005fd908.jpg.html

nother green door^

http://s017.radikal.ru/i400/1307/33/3224aafbe756.jpg

red door^

shall i go on?

facts make people right. doors have green and or red energy indicators. therefore, you either lie, or have some manner of color blindness. there is no middle ground on this particular issue

yet again, delano is being rude, but he's just trying to help you out

in fact doors have energy indicators,  green is opened, red is locked and yellow goes for doors that should be opened but got locked by the enemy (the lockdown where you can hack the pannel and open it)

the same goes for lockers, they are red if locked, green if usable and grey if they already got opened

now, yet again, if you can't distinguish the indicator, you are probably colorblind, and you should accept it

this is a valid point of view

yet again, delano is being rude, but he's just trying to help you out

in fact doors have energy indicators,  green is opened, red is locked and yellow goes for doors that should be opened but got locked by the enemy (the lockdown where you can hack the pannel and open it)

the same goes for lockers, they are red if locked, green if usable and grey if they already got opened

now, yet again, if you can't distinguish the indicator, you are probably colorblind, and you should accept it

this is a valid point of view

i'm only matching his own attitude which seems to be fairly snarky as is. also, i despise intentional ignorance. denial is no exception.

the problem with saying its the gpu or the monitor is that it wouldn't just be the colors on the doors then, it would be everything related to those colors, and assuming he has used another computer then he would know that it was his monitor or graphics card that was the issue.

i'm only matching his own attitude which seems to be fairly snarky as is. also, i despise intentional ignorance. denial is no exception.

the problem with saying its the gpu or the monitor is that it wouldn't just be the colors on the doors then, it would be everything related to those colors, and assuming he has used another computer then he would know that it was his monitor or graphics card that was the issue.

quite indeed, and i remeber you that i studied a lot about psychology and eye perception, if i'm here talking, it is because i know what i'm saying xD (also your "matching his own attitude" is something i know well, we call em Existential Positions, probably the first source of any quarrel)

so, once again TRSS is away. not much point discussing the dudes eyesight if the dude in question isn't even here.

I will send a note to Rebecca and Pablo anyway, they might come out with something, who knows (why rebecca and pablo? rebecca, because i belive she knows something about anything that happens in DE quarter, and pablo because UI is his working ground and he might be finding a solution for this issue)

Edited by Regar

quite indeed, and i remeber you that i studied a lot about psychology and eye perception, if i'm here talking, it is because i know what i'm saying xD (also your "matching his own attitude" is something i know well, we call em Existential Positions, probably the first source of any quarrel)

i know, you said before :D

what does that mean exactly? cuz i do that all the time. forever.

Just hold on for a moment to get things straight.

1) You mentioned I said colourblindness was bad.

I said you may not assume something to be fact based on your personal opinion.

In conclusion, when I say "you implied I was colourblind, get off" I am saying this because there is nothing that proves my colourblindness but you put it as fact anyway. since I don't like such people, I don't want them to be here. and this does not evaluate colourblindness.

2) Let's make some scenarios

a) I can distinguish red and greed. Locked map items do not differ from unlocked ones.

> DE needs to improve the situation.

b) I cannot distinguish red and greed. Locked map items do not differ from unlocked ones.

c) I can distinguish red and greed. Locked map items differ from unlocked ones.

> Some hardware/software malfuntion might be the related.

d) I cannot distinguish red and greed. Locked map items differ from unlocked ones.

With a probability of 75%, I am simply right and any other comment is off-topic. And even with case c), colourblindness has no relevance. See what I am saying? *edit* actually it makes a 100% chance to be right because if a malfunction affects only colours, shapes are the solution. deal with it :P

3) What is the point of this thread?

I would like DE to implement something that makes closed lockers/doors distinguishable from open ones by adding some shape or sign. What does this have to do with me, TRSS? It doesn't matter for this thread because it is not the topic. AXCrusnik and Delano are our master trolls here. Colourblindness has no relevance at this point. And even if it had, some if you have no idea what you are talking about.

@Regar You know what beats pyschology? Neurology. But I am not a blowhard.

Hence, I will not reply to such comments anymore. A few ones brought up good comments, though.

@PenutReaper I hope you aren't mad at me. Not because I wouldn't like it but because I am not the actual diack in this thread.

Edited by TRSS

Game developers got into the habit of colour coding everything, which is a good idea on paper. It isn't a good idea.

We either need multiple colourblind modes, symbols to differentiate where colours are used or in an ideal world a set of RGB sliders that affect doors and the like.

Edited by PenutReaper

Game developers got into the habit of colour coding everything, which is a good idea on paper. It isn't a good idea.

We either need multiple colourblind modes, symbols to differentiate where colours are used or in an ideal world a set of RGB sliders that affect doors and the like.

I think shapes and symbols are the way to go, mate.

The easiest thing would be a X and V for closed and open.

...or something similar.

In conclusion, when I say "you implied I was colourblind, get off" I am saying this because there is nothing that proves my colourblindness but you put it as fact anyway. since I don't like such people, I don't want them to be here. and this does not evaluate colourblindness.

a) I can distinguish red and greed. Locked map items do not differ from unlocked ones.

b) I cannot distinguish red and greed. Locked map items do not differ from unlocked ones.

d) I cannot distinguish red and greed. Locked map items differ from unlocked ones.

With a probability of 75%, I am simply right and any other comment is off-topic. And even with case c), colourblindness has no relevance. See what I am saying? *edit* actually it makes a 100% chance to be right because if a malfunction affects only colours, shapes are the solution. deal with it :P

I would like DE to implement something that makes closed lockers/doors distinguishable from open ones by adding some shape or sign. What does this have to do with me, TRSS? It doesn't matter for this thread because it is not the topic. AXCrusnik and Delano are our master trolls here. Colourblindness has no relevance at this point. And even if it had, some if you have no idea what you are talking about.

Hence, I will not reply to such comments anymore. A few ones brought up good comments, though.

@PenutReaper I hope you aren't mad at me. Not because I wouldn't like it but because I am not the actual diack in this thread.

i do think you've breached into anger matey.

anyway, the color tests regar was trying to get you to look at and respond to would help us know where you are coming from with your claim that they're not different. (which they are, if only in color)

look, i've been trying to help in my own #*($%%@ up way but you're no more amicable than i am and you are taking offence to everything. now, i am tired. i bet everyone else is too. talk with regar and look at the color tests to help confirm. use a device that is not your current computer to look at them to avoid hardware issues. now, as i said earlier, the system in place works up until you have some sort of issue with your sight. (or hardware too) which should be rectified.

i dont even care about the doors. i really dont. they can put big old locks on them or whatever or even wall them in for all i care. what i care about is a young adult who very likely might be red-green colorblind.

Now listen up, boyo, how do you think they can help you if you don't find the source of the problem?

It's agreed that they need to improve the situation, none of us said the opposite, but if you don't find the real source of your problem, none of the DE staff will have a chance to find a solution, beacuse any of your listed scenarios requires a different solution

but whatever, i already made up my mind about this (mostly thanks to Penut, thank you :3) , and i will report my toughts to the DE staff, hoping they can help the situation somwhow

You can cure stuff with neurology, but not everything, either you can with psychology, those 2 things exist and coexist for different situations (you can't cure colorblindness with neurology,but you can help yourself with psychology though)

The Ishihara test is used to diagnose people with colorblindness... Take the test and you'll know whether or not you are colorblind.

I did not say "you are colorblind. fact" I said "if you can't see the difference between red doors and green doors, then you are either lying, in denial, or colorblind/should see an eye doctor" I'll admit that I didn't mention anything about your hardware being faulty but that did not cross my mind at the time, and could be the source of the problem.

The doors are color coded. We (at least the non-red-green-colorblind ones) can clearly see this. Your OP, and posts following it, implied they did not, hence the colorblind derail, or "fight" as you see it.

No matter the situation DE should add either a colorblind option, or indicators for door/locker status that are colorblind compatible.

But on top of this, so long as you don't know if you are color blind, we, and DE, can't tell from looking at this thread if you have some sort of isolated bug preventing the color code from working properly, and therefore would be unable to fix said bug.

Maybe get in game and take some screencaps of lockers and post them here to confirm if its a bug? If we see red and green then it's probably not a problem with the game itself, which narrows it down to either colorblindness or your PC

Edited by AXCrusnik

This thread is infested *sigh*

I guess I move on to other things now. Anything is better than feeding trolls.

have a nice day, everybody

+ TRSS

*SIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGHHHHH* back to denial again.

edit: also, did you even read anything of what ANYONE has said? WE AGREE THE ISSUE SHOULD BE RECTIFIED.

Edited by Delano

No matter the situation DE should add either a colorblind option, or indicators for door/locker status that are colorblind compatible.

I say they should add both. You wouldn't release a game with subtitles to help people with hearing problems.

Anyways, TRSS, I am not the kind of guy to hold a grudge. Plus the fact that people are even discussing colour blindness is a good thing.

A little off topic but I always preferred the name Colour Vision Deficiency it's more reflective of the actual disorder.