Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Indicator For Closed Doors/lockers

Marshall

I say they should add both. You wouldn't release a game with subtitles to help people with hearing problems.

Anyways, TRSS, I am not the kind of guy to hold a grudge. Plus the fact that people are even discussing colour blindness is a good thing.

A little off topic but I always preferred the name Colour Vision Deficiency it's more reflective of the actual disorder.

im all for supporting all gamers. i was surprised to see they didn't actually have a colorblind option in the visual settings

I say they should add both. You wouldn't release a game with subtitles to help people with hearing problems.

Anyways, TRSS, I am not the kind of guy to hold a grudge. Plus the fact that people are even discussing colour blindness is a good thing.

A little off topic but I always preferred the name Colour Vision Deficiency it's more reflective of the actual disorder.

Both is good too. Reason I said either is I figured having a colorblind compatible indicator, such as symbols like TRSS said, would negate the need for a colorblind option... but I suppose there are likely more elements in the game other than doors and lockers that could use a colorblind option.

Edited by AXCrusnik

This thread is infested *sigh*

I guess I move on to other things now. Anything is better than feeding trolls.

have a nice day, everybody

+ TRSS

Sorry if you coudln't be helped or understood, but you didn't try to help us out finding the true source of your problem, you are the only one that can state it

I hope that you will understand that , even if some of our answers were rough, we were just trying to help you

I will put the collected datas to good use, wit or without your help

Greetings, Regar

Sorry if you coudln't be helped or understood, but you didn't try to help us out finding the true source of your problem, you are the only one that can state it

I hope that you will understand that , even if some of our answers were rough, we were just trying to help you

Greetings, Regar

sent him a mail telling him contrary to what he believes we agreed with him. im too tired to keep this up, so im goin to sleep. i doubt he'll come back anyway. hope de sees this and gets some stuff in to help with it.

Greetings, Regar

+1 Though DE already talked about colorblindness before, they could use a reminder. It's been a while.

sent him a mail telling him contrary to what he believes we agreed with him. im too tired to keep this up, so im goin to sleep. i doubt he'll come back anyway. hope de sees this and gets some stuff in to help with it.

Somehow I get the feeling the mail will just end in more bickering, but hopefully he'll see that, if anything, it was just "tough love". Good luck with that.

Edited by AXCrusnik

To bring a different perspective to this thread (and maybe calm this all down a bit): I am not colour blind and nonetheless sometimes have problems to tell the state of a door from the distance. Reasons for this are:

• I have bloom disabled (because it makes my eyes hurt)
  • some environments tend to distort the colour (like that yellow light in Grineer galleons)
  • there are doors, that stay yellow for the entire mission (mostly in survival) without any apparent reason, which - from a distance - can be mistaken for red (see above point)
  • some doors have pretty small areas for the colour coding (e.g. Void tileset, last link in this post)

So having something like a locked/unlocked padlock on the doors, in addition to the colour coding, would be a nice thing.

For lockers:

And as for lockers, Corpus lockers have O's that change color depending if they are open or not, would make sense to have an X displayed when they are locked.

Lockers in the void could do something similar. I just don't know what to do with Grineer lockers, as they only have those two lines at the sides and a dot in the middle. Those would need a full rework