The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Update 8 What Do U Want?

Jellyninja12

I was wondering what the community wanted to be add to update 8

Personally i would like to see more planets/planet surfaces the clan dojo idea from the dev live-stream and maby some new factions and the ability to play the game without the internet oh and dont post things like pvp. Thanks jellyninja12 out. ;)

I doubt they'll add vehicles, since 2 of the 3 current maps are closed maps..

And the ice planet map doesn't leave space for a vehicles.. And imo, this is not a vehicles kinda of game..

But new map designs would be cool.. Although i'm happy with this ones..

No thanks to vehicles. This isn't a free roam game. They'd have no purpose.

Honestly I want what most of the other updates have had as far as content.

- New Dungeon Tileset

-1-2 New Weapons.

-1-2 New Warframes.

As far as changes to the game - right now I'm thinking they should consider

- Tweaking the Starmap UI to make where to get what sort of Materials stand out better so people better know where to get what. Also - add which Tileset a level uses to the UI when clicking the level to vote.

- Shorten the timer for actually building a Warframe part (Helm, Chassis, Systems) to 6 hours a piece and the actual Warframe to a 24 hours. Once you've gathered all the parts there is no reason the game should expect you to wait as long as it does currently. This is a convenience thing.

Bam. That is currently all I feel I require to be fine for a while.

No thanks to vehicles. This isn't a free roam game. They'd have no purpose.

What if they made a big enough open area that could use a small vehicle such as a Motorcycle or small car? Would that work for you? :P

What if they made a big enough open area that could use a small vehicle such as a Motorcycle or small car? Would that work for you? :P

Not really. I'd prefer the stick to the games current strengths for now instead of trying to force something that was probably never intended to be a part of the experience.

You can kinda tell playing that they aren't trying to make a game with colossal maps like that. Definitely not the size you'd want a vehicle in.

Not really. I'd prefer the stick to the games current strengths for now instead of trying to force something that was probably never intended to be a part of the experience.

You can kinda tell playing that they aren't trying to make a game with colossal maps like that. Definitely not the size you'd want a vehicle in.

Unless they made a boss big enough for it (people have been suggesting a boss with unique attack styles and if you have a giant one without guns, just melee, just pretty much dodge and gun but avoid troops as you attack it)

Unless they made a boss big enough for it (people have been suggesting a boss with unique attack styles and if you have a giant one without guns, just melee, just pretty much dodge and gun but avoid troops as you attack it)

So adding a gimmick feature to a few levels that departs from the strengths of the game?

That'd kinda defeat the point though, wouldn't it? Having them in only a few levels that are specifically set up for it.

Edited by Blatantfool

Im just asking what everyone would like 2 see so everyone stop saying this wont work that cant happen remember this is a videogame and anything is possible in a video game

Yes, you could put whatever you want in. But there are some things that just don't really go together - like Vehicles in a Dungeon game like Warframe.

The levels aren't big enough, which means that including them at all without them being a gimmick on a specific level would mean significant changes to the majority of the level design.

So it isn't a matter of 'It is impossible'. Because it isn't. You could work out plenty of ways to try it.

It is more a matter of 'It doesn't really fit the game. Be more trouble then its worth.'

So adding a gimmick feature to a few levels that departs from the strengths of the game?

That'd kinda defeat the point though, wouldn't it? Having them in only a few levels that are specifically set up for it.

It's a suggestion and a little attempt into interesting players into the idea of it. You know how the community is don't you?

I think a deathmatch style PvP mode would fit pretty well with the game now.

Plenty of the map layouts that exist would already work for say a 10v10 or 5v5 mode.

It could do the matchmaking based on the rank of the gear you have equipped, or just have it be base damage of weapons and there be weapons on the ground that you pick up. The only thing from the PvE mode that would carry over is the warframe you're using for the abilities.

Idk, there's plenty of ways that it would be doable in the game. I just think it'd be cool to do it.

for an update in the future id like to see customizable ships for your clan to enjoy. I think this was also something the DE hinted about (i think) but here are my suggestions for it. Think about this... you and three of your clan members could infiltrate a grineer or corpus ship and seizing the ship itself like some alien/ninja/pirate crew. After the battle you notice that the ship has long-lost tenno technology embedded into its systems.

Then you and your clan members could collect resources to restore the ship, gathering control modules to repair the ships turrets and installing your own security cameras. A conference room to recieve clan specific alerts. there could also be a control room where you can look at secuity footage and discern where to deploy yourselves or just your sentinels to deal with potential threats in different parts of the ship. for example you could select a computer screen with "X" and scan the ship's reactor/loading bay/hangar/weapon depot(depot acts like an external storage for the players though im not exactly sure anyone would need it anyway, just a thought) for any enemies that may have survived your initial attack.

the enemies could do their own missions involving destroying YOUR reactor, sabotaging YOUR ship creating environmental hazards (cryogenic leakage/self destructing) or just good old fashioned extermination against the tenno. and if you find yourself overwhelmed by alot of enemies you could use a console to alert your fellow clan members to give you some backup (just like other enemies do) or if you think you can kill them all by yourself, you could put the area into lockdown and let no enemy escape.

So in conclusion the idea is to restore a ship (probably alot smaller than the others but big enough to hold alot of tenno without bumping into one another) to its former glory as a trademark of tenno supremecy and once in awhile there could be grineer/corpus/infested infiltrate your ship and trying to take it back from you. Maybe even a stalker or two. Who knows. Most of this probably won't happen but still tell me what you think about this.

First thing I would like to see would be simply polish. Making the game less "buggy" would go a long way for me with an update. I already like the gameplay a lot and would like it even more if it was more polished.

After that though, probably just a new tileset and maybe more creative boss design. New weapons would also be a nice touch, but I'm satisfied with what they have.