Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Music Preview!

[DE]George

My guess for Corpus is that they're gonna have some sort of futuristic music. While Grineer have the loud drums and such, indicating power, Corpus would have some sort of music that indicates lots of technology and intelligence. And Infested... No idea.

Screaming....just lot's of screaming. XD

Datsic. Put more stuff on your soundcloud I would love to listen to Warframe music during the day. Like make alot more music for your game, I was gonna post a question a while ago but figure you guys had other stuff you are working on too.

Hi Everyone,

It has been a long time since new music has been put into the game.  A lot of you have also been asking when we will get new music in the game in various forum posts.  Well, I am happy to announce that we have a new set of Grineer music coming your way! 

As some of you already know, we have been reworking the way music plays in the game engine from a code standpoint.  We want the music in the game to feel more dynamic and less repetitive.  We are still working on some of this, but it is in fact closer than ever.

In the past we have tried to make each faction have their own musical “themes” with varying results.  But with this new set you will definitely only hear certain themes and instruments used for certain enemy factions (i.e. Grineer music will sound different than Corpus music, etc).  With that being said, the first new set of music going into the game will be for the Grineer and we have included a short sample of what it will sound like below to whet your appetite.

So... Hang In There, New Music Is Imminent™ 

DE_George.

https://soundcloud.com/warframedev/new-grineer-music-preview

My God.

Can't wait to hear the corpus stuff, different sci-fi sounds i'd guess. Anyway is there any chance for a Grineer barbershop quartet no. 1 single "Tenno Skoom," cause that would be awesome

Please? That would be amazing.

boy oh boy have I got the collection for you!

here are the songs you've been looking for!

Copus: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lLuf8rJAbyY 

Currupted: 

Infested: 

Also good

Damn, I have no idea what I'm missing out on. I can't get the file to play, even after using different browsers, creating an account, and manually searching for the sound file from an iPad.

Is this happening to anyone else?

EDIT:

For those who suffer:

http://anything2mp3.com/

OT: Absolutely loving this. It suits the Grineer perfectly.

The problem with the music that the game currently has is that, Alad V theme aside, it all sounds almost painfully generic-- which is why the sound files can be slapped onto pretty much anything (Codex, pre-battle dioramas, etc), yet without sounding particularly special in any given situation.

We need more "specific"-sounding music, if that makes sense. This is a great start.

Edited by SortaRandom