Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Music Preview!

[DE]George

Should I be the first to say this?  

This sounds just like every other track in the game. In fact, every track you hear in the game has the same atmospheric tone to it which ends with no particular theme, faction, or location becoming really memorable or sticking out. I don't like the direction this track is showing for the rest of the game's aesthetic build-up.

Everything in Warframe does sounds like Warframe but no aspects seem to have layer, depth, or personality. Different concepts, ideas, factions should have a different tones and aesthetics to them that build up to the entirety of Warframe upon layer by layer of depth. Not for them to all converge into the same conceptual theme and tone (Warframe = Grim-dark war, and nothing else interesting).

Yes, the theme does have a foreboding dark tune that describes the Grineer...but so does every track in Warframe. All of the tracks Warframe already have that dark atmospheric tone that murmur 'fear', 'shadows', 'war', and 'deceit'. The game is built around these kinds of ideas but I really think the music is becoming more like noise than actual conceptual ideas or becoming any core soundtracks.

None of the tracks used in Warframe are bad, but they are all too similar and condense the experience of Warframe into something that feels so generically grim-dark and repetitive (possibly emphasizing the worst aspects of Warframe itself. It's repetitiveness). Mind you, none of these tracks are bad. For what they are, they set up a tone just fine but when it comes to introducing new ideas, concepts, enemies, factions, I was really hoping DE would full off something more memorable and different but I'm just hearing the same generic noise and sound fodder. Nothing core. Nothing with an identity. They all feel like Warframe but Warframe feels like it has no layer or depth because of this poor atmosphere in sound direction

For Corpus I was expecting techno (even if this is so stereotypical of 'tech' factions, I was hoping it would really be something different). A futuristic theme that emphasizes their greed for intelligence, progress, but 'profit'. (Bling$Bling$)

For Infested I was expecting the dark eerie theme to work but it's so overblown by how grim-dark the game already feels in terms of atmosphere and aesthetics especially from the music. [Edit: Nice suggested feel of tone from user BigFreedia. Not much so the entire song but really just the idea, and yes, the eerie scratchy tone.] (This is an example of something that really changes the atmosphere but improves the aesthetics of Warframe and doesn't force it or make it feel like it's lost it's own identity. Just another layer to Warframe's aesthetics and tone).

For the Infested, I feel something muddled and scratchy would fit them very well. Think of a darkened Corpus vessel floating aimlessly through space with Chargers ambling around through the corridors.

For Grineer, I can definitely feel the track posted by DE_George having a more intense and upbeat tone than the rest of the tracks in Warframe, but barely. I can't help but hear this being the same intro to every mission I've started over again. It still sounds too similar and without an identity. It sounds like every other track from every other generic war-campaign game I've heard as well. The Grineer really remind of the Terran from Planetside 2 and they struck their own identity with their own music style from having other factions with different music to contrast to theirs. This music can work for the Grineer as long as they contrast from other tracks and factions in Warframe.

The Big One

For Tenno, I find the choice of sound direction and music tracks to becoming much more subjective LATER ON when players have well settled into the game.The first theme to be introduced to them is an oriental theme (That's already been introduced in terms of feel, lore, weaponory, and dojo rooms) that can definitely be improved upon. 

When players are settled and understand this theme and tone to be in core with the Tenno, later players are introduced to new factions and new bosses and their preferences (especially how we have Corpus VS Grineer invasions now and Infested infestations) THEN later on players may even have custom music and sound direction and aesthetics attached to them that they prefer or grow upon from helping factions X, Y, Z, and etc. 

The tracks that so apparently relate to Tenno and the drums that can be built in the dojo are too eerily similar to Grineer at this point and this anthem of drums and beats must be given to either one side or they will feel too similar because of a simple sound direction even if they are not similar at all in any other aspects.

When I saw this post I was hoping that Warframe would finally receive some core tracks but this...sounds just like every other track? I really want DE to improve on this and I'm not going to blindly try to accept it because I really feel the direction of the audio team in terms of core theme and aesthetics is lacking way behind. The feel and aesthetics of the game will feel way too generic if the tracks keep on going in this direction.

Edited by Vsuchinoko

Sounds good, quite polished, not sure about the tone, but sounds "correct" and i also like current music that plays during combat, those kinda "ceremonial" drums, the only part i don't like is the terminator "tutu tun tutún tutu tun tutún" that sounds sometimes, i don't remember exactly when but it sounds just like terminator's and well i don't really like it :P.

Edited by Orbister