The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mmobomb.com F2P Showdown Megathread (Vote For Warframe!)

Blueklinky

I am reading some of the mabi forums (mabination in particular) and not liking what I am seeing. Nexon is supposedly planning to offer rewards to voters of other games (maplestory and vindictus) to vote. The sad part is I could see them doing this, The vote servers are gonna get swarmed by maplestory troglodytes....

I can confirm there are no events in Vindictus if they vote for mabi, Vindictus gets nothing out of this. Atm what you just said is pure speculation, how ever I don't know about the Maple story bit so.....

Actually, Mabi is this close to WF Because Vindictus is tushie hurt about WF Beating them in first round, so they are voting for Mabi (Which is by same Company) and we'll know how Vindictus got this close to us in the first place.

Actually no one cares, if you look over the thread in vindictus only a handful are voting for mabi just to support their friends but some of them are back lashing and telling mabi to get out of their forums.

Again what you're saying is pure speculation.

http://vindictus.nexon.net/Community/#%2Fshowthread.php%3F1141639-MMOBomb-Tournament-Semi-Finals-Mabinogi-vs-Warframe%26nxid%3D15

I would refrain from mud slinging other game communities if there's no proof of such actions, other than speculations and conjectures. 

Edited by --Sensei--

I can confirm there are no events in Vindictus if they vote for mabi, Vindictus gets nothing out of this. Atm what you just said is pure speculation, how ever I don't know about the Maple story bit so.....

MS is getting something. They haven't posted what exactly.

Agreed.

We currently have 6 guests here btw.....

So you're saying Monet, Da Vinci, Renoir, and Rembrandt aren't artistic? You are an odd duck.

Er, just realized Ebls is a hipster.

"I like art, but only if it's very tortured and very obscure, and you haven't heard of it."

When I said that? "Hipster"? Seriously, don't take it personally...

They challenged the aesthetic conceptions of their time, and it is no coincidence that most of their work were criticized in their times. If you've studied the background art, you know that art needs to be more profound, genuine and faithful expression of an artist, and that, although linked to its history and age, can not be reproduced on a mass scale, technique, obeying the booklets in the market.

Sometimes, I like things tha have low artistic content too (I really enjoyed reading the Da Vinci Code and find curious things like Harry Porter, find interesting animes like Elfen Lied), but I can not deny they are very poor in artistic terms.

Art can be viewed very differently from people, that's just your own viewpoint on how you like and want Art to be or what you take art to be and pleases your tastes, I've taken Art courses and Art history, Art isn't made to shock or do the opposite, while some do, that's their form of expression. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, I may find the art you're interested in ugly and disgusting and vice versa. Art isn't one thing to be defined, it is defined by different people and their tastes, it doesn't have to question, shock etc to be Art.

Art is what you enjoy and what you think it is.

I bet you if you show half the people here of Piccaso's painting they'd think he was a bad artist because it isn't visually appealing, that's their own tastes, art isn't so abstract that it sticks to one form.

Art continues to grow and evolve into many different things and does what ever it may to anyone who perceives them. We can look at the same thing, and it may shock and excite you, but it can be boring to me, does that mean what you like isn't art because it doesn't question or excite me?

No, that's your own perception and definition of art, nor is it wrong, nor am I wrong for not taking an interest in your tastes of "different art viewpoints."

Again don't push your own ideals on to other people.

It's not my point of view, really.  Art is studied for centuries, from the Greek philosophers to the Frankfurt School. Do you think the concept of art accepted today should not understand all its manifestations from ancient times until today? Lithographs and indigenous tattoos, tribal dances, classical opera and jazz improvisation?  If you talk to an actual philosopher, he will talk about things like mass, Cultural Industry, Aura and Constructivism. They will speak about aesthetics, beauty and pleasure too, but these are only some of its elements. Art is not meant to treat or be created predominantly for sale, and this is one of the first lessons.

And exactly these concepts, features/characteristic elements of an work of art that allow someone to see something like Warframe with far more artistic content than something like Mabinogi.

Anyone else think it's hilarious that with 24 hours to go both Warframe and Mabi each have more votes than the the other poll has total votes?

Cause I'm getting the impression that who ever wins our poll is gonna Rofl stomp the other winner.

Edited by Agent_of_Change

Anyone else think it's hilarious that with 24 hours to go both Warframe and Mabi each have more votes than the the other poll has total votes?

Cause I'm getting the impression that who ever wins our poll is gonna Rofl stomp the other winner.

No kidding.

Nope, the international half of the forum (to which I personally can have access due to language barrier) seems to show little to no interest in their forums. I suppose that most of the international Warframe users are lurking in this one thread most of the time.

So right now it says 60% of 13.313 total votes voted for Smite and 53% of 31.059 voted for Warfame.

There is more than double the interest in Warframe vs. Mabinogi than Smite vs. Path of Exile.

Using the number of votes alone we could predict the outcome of the final round. And that would say Warframe will win with 67% of all votes.

But there are many other aspects to consider so who knows :P