The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mmobomb.com F2P Showdown Megathread (Vote For Warframe!)

Blueklinky

When I said that? "Hipster"? Seriously, don't take it personally...

They challenged the aesthetic conceptions of their time, and it is no coincidence that most of their work were criticized in their times. If you've studied the background art, you know that art needs to be more profound, genuine and faithful expression of an artist, and that, although linked to its history and age, can not be reproduced on a mass scale, technique, obeying the booklets in the market.

Sometimes, I like things tha have low artistic content too (I really enjoyed reading the Da Vinci Code and find curious things like Harry Porter, find interesting animes like Elfen Lied), but I can not deny they are very poor in artistic terms.

It's not my point of view, really.  Art is studied for centuries, from the Greek philosophers to the Frankfurt School. Do you think the concept of art accepted today should not understand all its manifestations from ancient times until today? Lithographs and indigenous tattoos, tribal dances, classical opera and jazz improvisation?  If you talk to an actual philosopher, he will talk about things like mass, Cultural Industry, Aura and Constructivism. They will speak about aesthetics, beauty and pleasure too, but these are only some of its elements. Art is not meant to treat or be created predominantly for sale, and this is one of the first lessons.

And exactly these concepts, features/characteristic elements of an work of art that allow someone to see something like Warframe with far more artistic content than something like Mabinogi.

Your rules for what defines "art" are pretentious hipster cliche.

"Can't be mass produced"? By that definition, art no longer exists.

In many eras, "art" is what defined the cultural norm, not bucked it.

That being said, you still haven't addressed the base issue that you(and they) are making poorly informed, sweeping generalizations. Look up movies like "Robot Carnival" or "Ghost in the Shell" and then comment on how vastly those lack philosophical or artistic merit.

Either you'll be enlightened or you'll give us all a good laugh.

Assuming we actually win this round and win the title I think we should get a commemorative weapon. Like Grenades with a Blast dmg kind of like the phage's standard viral dmg grenades just because its MMOBOMB. Just think it would be neat. I will still vote for Warframe either way though.

Edited by Stonehenge17

Assuming we actually win this round and win the title I think we should get a commemorative weapon. Like Grenades with a Blast dmg kind of like the phage's standard viral dmg grenades just because its MMOBOMB. Just think it would be neat. I will still vote for Warframe either way though.

Maybe we would get a small trophy for clans. I wouldn't expect much.

lol people are caussing some drama over there on the mabi forums( i think I am to even though im not trying to start anything :3) and here we are joking with each other and posting gifs XD

Their forums don't like me, can't really see anything. What's happening?

Edited by Verryn

lol people are caussing some drama over there on the mabi forums( i think I am to even though im not trying to start anything :3) and here we are joking with each other and posting gifs XD

There is a delightful lack of drama in this thread.  I guess it was a good call that DE made it so that accounts have to play a few missions in-game before being able to post in the forums.

Unlike in the Mabi forums, where I see more than a few warframe players posting in their mmobomb thread.

Edited by Katakuna

Maybe we would get a small trophy for clans. I wouldn't expect much.

Their forums don't like me, can't really see anything. What's happening?

promise to create a 24 h potato alert as a reward and everyone would vote for warframe.

But victory without bribe would taste even sweeter.

There is a delightful lack of drama in this thread.  I guess it was a good call that DE made it so that accounts have to play a few missions in-game before being able to post in the forums.

Unlike in the Mabi forums, where I see more than a few warframe players posting in their mmobomb thread.

I think that it's not right for people who aren't playing WF to post on their forums.

Just as bad as the Mabinogi people spamming the AirMech forums.

I think that it's not right for people who aren't playing WF to post on their forums.

Just as bad as the Mabinogi people spamming the AirMech forums.

Yeah.  Just to be clear, I wasn't implying that I approved of causing a mess in their forum.

Civil conversation is fine, of course.  But starting arguments and poisoning their seemingly peaceful atmosphere, not so much.

All this is gonna do is make Mabinogi players vote for SMITE in the final.

Smite's going to need the help.  Without it, they'll be completely and utterly stomped by us.

Edited by Katakuna

Been hanging on the forums in mabinogi for 2 days, pretty nice people from what i've encountered. Aside from a few people who keep posting drama its been pretty calm over there.  I do hope no one from Warframe is the culprit in the drama posts. 

Yeah.  Just to be clear, I wasn't implying that I approved of causing a mess in their forum.

Civil conversation is fine, of course.  But starting arguments and poisoning their seemingly peaceful atmosphere, not so much.

Smite's going to need the help.  Without it, they'll be completely and utterly stomped by us.

lol We would sooo get owned if they did in full force. Smite has 10k votes right now + Mabinogi's 16k    > Our 18.5k