The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mmobomb.com F2P Showdown Megathread (Vote For Warframe!)

Blueklinky

lol We would sooo get owned if they did in full force. Smite has 10k votes right now + Mabinogi's 16k    > Our 18.5k

Well yeah, if the majority of the Smite community actually cared or knew about the showdown, then the winner of this poll would be in trouble.  But as it stands, we and Mabinogi could crush them without any help from third parties.

Well yeah, if the majority of the Smite community actually cared or knew about the showdown, then the winner of this poll would be in trouble.  But as it stands, we and Mabinogi could crush them without any help from third parties.

If all of warframe's population cared, we would crush them.

There is a delightful lack of drama in this thread.  I guess it was a good call that DE made it so that accounts have to play a few missions in-game before being able to post in the forums.

Unlike in the Mabi forums, where I see more than a few warframe players posting in their mmobomb thread.

lol one of those poeple is me :3

I'm still amazed that League didn't beat Smite. I mean, how in the name of Booben did that happen?

League's players are so snobby they looked down on it.

Kinda joking. There's some nice LOL players, but I unfortunately know some worse in person.

Including hating warframe because of the beta thing.

League's players are so snobby they looked down on it.

Kinda joking. There's some nice LOL players, but I unfortunately know some worse in person.

Including hating warframe because of the beta thing.

I feel like it's not just a League thing. Many games that are PVP only seem to suffer the same sort of community issues. 

In case mabinogi loses, they won't be interested in this poll anymore. Some butthurt individuals from the games that lost against us might vote against us... but that's all. Without bribe, they don't have a motivation.

I'm still amazed that League didn't beat Smite. I mean, how in the name of Booben did that happen?

1) ALL HAIL THE BOOOOOOBEN

2) same goes for TF2.... LoL and Tf2 are so popular, neither their community nor their devs give a damn about this poll.

I can't speak for LoL, since I avoid that game, but Tf2 also lacks ways of social interaction - such as guilds etc...

I feel like it's not just a League thing. Many games that are PVP only seem to suffer the same sort of community issues. 

Oh yeah, CoD for example. It's got a lot to do, I think, with the tension of the fact you MAY have to fight against these guys at some point. You may not acknowledge it, but that primal part of your brain that is ready to fight for whatever it wants links up with the fact that you want to win and be good in that game you become hostile towards them. For others, especially those who put a lot of stock in their ability to play well, it's more a thing than for the "filthy casuals" in such games.

upon thinking about it for a bit, getting bribed for votes isnt a bribe. Its payment.

Look at it this way:

When Warframe wins (yeah, i said When, not If) its going to be all over mmobomb.com and likely Kotaku too for winning this contest. Both of those sites have INSANE amounts of webtraffic. By getting warframe up there we just made numberless amounts of people curious about the game. So BOOM, more potential platinum buys for DE, and more people for us to play with.

This would be true for any of the competing games with a Freemium mechanic of some form. Instead of paying real money out of the Dev Team's pocket, they give their players free gear because it costs them nothing. And in exchange, they get 100% free advertising on the Net.

At any rate, we win.

I mean, there is strong, but then we have 4 forma latron Prime strong.

Edited by ensignvidiot

Your rules for what defines "art" are pretentious hipster cliche.

"Can't be mass produced"? By that definition, art no longer exists.

In many eras, "art" is what defined the cultural norm, not bucked it.

That being said, you still haven't addressed the base issue that you(and they) are making poorly informed, sweeping generalizations. Look up movies like "Robot Carnival" or "Ghost in the Shell" and then comment on how vastly those lack philosophical or artistic merit.

Either you'll be enlightened or you'll give us all a good laugh.

As I've said they are not my rules...

So "art no longer exists" because everything today is mass produced?

Have you done any semiotic analysis on the vehicles used in the media or some ontological / phenomenological description about art?

The semiotic analysis, for instance, attemps to demonstrate that you can try to work with iconic signs on TV and in advertising, emotional, expressive and aesthetic signs, but these do not provide artwork to your viewer: that's because it has no context, antecedents and consequences (emotional and psychological, as well as historical and material). "If you want to feel this art he/she must find it".

This is because the instrument of transfer there is not an icon, but an index. In simple terms , if you listen a recording of a symphony, you have no contact with art in all its fullness , but a counterfeit of it , an index. If you want the art , you need to hear, see and be present to the artists, to the real work or the real performance.  And all those who are accustomed to going to concerts know there is an abyss between the work represented in reality and your recording transmitted. The same occurs with a painting: drawing in the book is a forgery, an index,  you need to go an exhibition and see the real work.

I really though I could talk about this but seems I'll just making myself more "pretentious", presumptions, bossy, etc.  Well, if you want some bibliographical references I can give you.  But believe me, I'm a high school teacher, I would never laugh about important matters such that (I would never laugh about Adorno, Horkheimer, Habermas, etc.), and I would never laugh about the doubts of my students.  If you want to discuss more, you can make a thread about it.
Edited by ebls

Both of you, freaking cut it out!

This is not a thread about art, it's about how we will (hopefully) beat mabi!

I know it was originally about mabi, but it isn't anymore.

It's about us being CHAMPIONS, nothing else!

As I've said they are not my rules...

So "art no longer exists" because everything today is mass produced?

Have you done any semiotic analysis on the vehicles used in the media or some ontological / phenomenological description about art?

The semiotic analysis, for instance, attemps to demonstrate that you can try to work with iconic signs on TV and in advertising, emotional, expressive and aesthetic signs, but these do not provide artwork to your viewer: that's because it has no context, antecedents and consequences (emotional and psychological, as well as historical and material). "If you want to feel this art he/she must find it".

This is because the instrument of transfer there is not an icon, but an index. In simple terms , if you listen a recording of a symphony, you have no contact with art in all its fullness , but a counterfeit of it , an index. If you want the art , you need to hear, see and be present to the artists, to the real work or the real performance.  And all those who are accustomed to going to concerts know there is an abyss between the work represented in reality and your recording transmitted. The same occurs with a painting: drawing in the book is a forgery, an index,  you need to go an exhibition and see the real work.

I really though I could talk about this but seems I'll just making myself more "pretentious", presumptions, bossy, etc.  Well, if you want some bibliographical references I can give you.  But believe me, I'm a high school teacher, I would never laugh about important matters such that (I would never laugh about Adorno, Horkheimer, Habermas, etc.), and I would never laugh about the doubts of my students.  If you want to discuss more, you can make a thread about it.

I'll just leave this here...

http://www.rogerebert.com/rogers-journal/japanese-animation-unleashes-the-mind

Back to the poll watching!