The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mmobomb.com F2P Showdown Megathread (Vote For Warframe!)

Blueklinky

I like Mabinogi and Warframe but I don't like Nexon. I think everyones going to forget that this poll ends tomorrow since the new update is released tomorrow anyways.

For the whole Airmech thing, it seems like the developer was going to give out an item for defeating Warframe in the polls. Since they lost, they decided to give out the reward if Warframe wins instead.

That's because Hawken is peaking at only 3-5k concurrent users not even a handful of weeks after launching on steam, and since they transitioned the whole game to steam, those stats are pretty accurate at illustrating the state of the game.  They never would have stood a chance at any point in the polls and they're fully aware of that.

I know Hawken never stood a chance, ignoring the active player count. There was a thread on the Hawken forums on the polls too, but it never received much attention from anyone at all. Everyone then was more interested on the balance tweaks of the March update and the thread for the polls dissappeared under the other hype threads quickly. I'm just bewildered how much attention this poll is having on the community despite us being (hopefully) on the eve of U13.

Are you serious right now? Offering incentives in a vote is something you do when you've stooped to a very low point. I'd rather not have us give us stuff for just clicking the vote button because I like their product. Thinking you are entitled to something for EVERYTHING you do is pretty childish of you, no offense.

Well...perhaps I'm hoping that DE was smart enough not to bribe us but when we fall/win or whatever, DE sees how far we got them and says "thanks for your efforts! Here's a little thing for ya"

I don't wanna sound like the bad guy to anyone or help people justify flames but uhh

Is anyone mad not because Nexon is being unfair but because they're jealous of Nexon?

I can't deny I'm a little jealous. I was jealous of AirMech and their propose Excal helm. I'm jealous that if we lose to Nexon, all Nexon games get something cool.

We haven't been promised anything. And I get that we don't need that, we're getting old promises tomorrow anyways. But I can't help but feel a little jealous. Some sort of commemorative symbol of our efforts to get DE recognized just feels...important, ya know?

But I guess we did just celebrate our 1st birthday last week. And we still have 23ish hours left before that commemorative gift goes away. Two in a row would be kinda ehh. DE knows we love them.

I guess we just wanna be recognized for trying to make others love us too.

In the beginning i was thinking like you. But now i think DE is correct for not interfering in this poll.

Simply because its just a poll, from a barely known website.

Its more like a ego battle between communities. What Nexon have done, just make them seem desperate, because all their games are slowly dying, so they will do whatever it takes to win this thing.

And just for the record, LoL got out on the first round, and LoL have more players than all other games combined ;) So that illustrates well how "important" this poll is.

Edited by RexSol

I still say DE needs to shoot a message to everyone's in-game inbox featuring a link to the poll and are reward for voting (a legendary core would convince most/all players). Before someone says it, it is impossible for DE to 'stoop' to Nexon's level in this. DE doesn't have a web of other games to pull in with incentives. You can call it bribery, I'll call it 'pulling out the stops'.

To be honest, I'm pretty sure a Legendary Core would bring us up on par with them again.

Though like you said, DE probably won't pull shenanigans like that. They seem to be too busy working on U13 anyways.

I don't mind who wins since it's just a competition of communities. Nexon has an older and larger community. Though probably not a fast growing one as of late.

I remember my Mabinogi days. I also remember playing before the free rebirths at age 20 way before elves and giants were playable. I probably sunk about 500$ of my allowence before that update. If I look back at it I don't think the game was worth that much. However I heard the game had major overhauls to the fighting mechanics since I left in Generation 8.

If we do lose to Mabinogi I will vote for it in the finals since it is a classic to me. However my support is more towards DevCat then it is to Nexon.

Oh still Reading?

I really do enjoy the community here. Sure we sometimes get people who jump at random noobie questions and sure we have lots of picture edits to make jokes of things currently happening in our games. I still find it slightly better then how toxic it is to see a person in the Nexon forums taking every minor posts and making it look like we have "entitled jerks" "close minded" "whinning children" etc.

To both sides. Who cares if people are getting rewards for supporting their game. Or from what I can see the Airmech guys giving rewards to their own players when they learn they weren't going to win. Just look at your communities and give them a pat on the back for taking their time to even vote.

personaly I think DE will probably give us something as a 'thank you for your support' type of gift, its that kind of company. we have shown them loyalty, devotion and respect, and I am sure they feel that towards us their players. I think they respected us enough to know that we do not need payment to motivate us to support the game we all love and play. and we respect them enough not to demand such of them. 

We have shown what kind of community we are, DE has shown what kind of gaming company they are..win or lose , we can walk away from this tomorow with our heads held high. As a community. both company and players alike.

In the beginning i was thinking like you. But now i think DE is correct for not interfering in this poll.

Its more like a ego battle between communities. What Nexon have done, just make them seem desperate, because all their games are slowly dying, so they will do whatever it takes to win this thing.

And just for the record, LoL got out on the first round, and LoL have more players than all other games combined ;) So that illustrates well how "important" this poll is.

Slowly dying? seeing new players all over the place as well as old players that been around since beta doesnt exacltly say "dying" to me though. but eh.

I'm only vested in the poll on the off-chance we'll get something out of it. If DE really cared about this poll and wanted to win for publicity's sake, they would officially offer us some incentive to vote en masse. 

Offering a gift like double XP or whatever wouldn't be "low" or "dishonorable": it's just smart business, provided they do actually care about the poll.

Barley known is a little harsh. Bomb has been around for quite a long time and has a fairly big user base.

No, we need to do this fair and square. We shall not tarnish our own reputation by using their methods.

How is getting the word out to the 90% (number used to illustrate a point, is most likely not factual) of the playerbase who doesn't check the forums not 'fair and square'? Barring AM, we're currently playing with a handicap. That handicap being DE's (strange) silence on this poll. Had they simply added an in-game prompt to the news section, more players would have noticed and we'd have more votes. They haven't done this. They've posted a few replies and red-text has spoken up in region a few times. If you're against the incentive, fine. I get that some people are too prideful to recognize good business strategies. But I don't have this problem. As it stands, the out come of this poll means little/nothing to most of our playerbase. There is no real reason to vote in these polls. A bunch of forum posts and screaming in region chat is not enough. A large portion of our players do not bother with region chat (I usually don't) nor do they check/participate on the forums. 

Barley known is a little harsh. Bomb has been around for quite a long time and has a fairly big user base.

Personally, i have never heard of this site before this poll (And never heard of half of the games in the poll too).

To be honest, I'm pretty sure a Legendary Core would bring us up on par with them again.

Though like you said, DE probably won't pull shenanigans like that. They seem to be too busy working on U13 anyways.

Really, I'd rather them continue to work on U13 than even use one brain cell on this poll.

We all did our best and forced a large company like Nexon to its knees. We came together as a community under a flag of pride and strength instead of caravans of gold and jewels like Mabinogi and the other Nexon games did.

Epic job guys. Keep your heads held high. Besides, frankly...Mabinogi needed this win. Their game is on its last leg. The community is dithering and Nexon NA is horrible. They need to win something...anything... far more than we do.

Edit: Of course, don't quit however. Keep getting the word out! Never give up, never surrender.

Edited by SoulEchelon

How is getting the word out to the 90% (number used to illustrate a point, is most likely not factual) of the playerbase who doesn't check the forums not 'fair and square'? Barring AM, we're currently playing with a handicap. That handicap being DE's (strange) silence on this poll. Had they simply added an in-game prompt to the news section, more players would have noticed and we'd have more votes. They haven't done this. They've posted a few replies and red-text has spoken up in region a few times. If you're against the incentive, fine. I get that some people are too prideful to recognize good business strategies. But I don't have this problem. As it stands, the out come of this poll means little/nothing to most of our playerbase. There is no real reason to vote in these polls. A bunch of forum posts and screaming in region chat is not enough. A large portion of our players do not bother with region chat (I usually don't) nor do they check/participate on the forums. 

Fair enough, you have your own opinions and I have mine.