Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mmobomb.com F2P Showdown Megathread (Vote For Warframe!)

Blueklinky

Why this Vindictus game is better then Warframe , who can vote for that low graphic game over this one really ?

that game it's looking like i'm playing on PS1 again, oh days.

Edited by Histori

Why this Vindictus game is better then Warframe , who can vote for that low graphic game over this one really ?

Whoa, whoa, whoa, hold on a tick. I'm not defending the appalling damage that the second director has caused for Vindictus over the past few years (optimization being a biggie, and RNG/pay2win being the finishing blow that destroyed the game entirely), but keep in mind that this game runs on the dated Source engine.

634865992914960028.png

Pretty damn impressive for a Source game.

OT: Warframe is in the Top 10 on Steam, and yet Vindictus, a dying game, is tripling it in votes... I'm shocked.

Then again, though, Nexon did post on Facebook a direct link to the poll, whereas most WF players have no idea that the poll exists. XD

EDIT:

and Maple Story just beat Dota 2.

..wh..what?

EDIT2:

I chuckled a bit at the comment section on Facebook. It seems that the Vindictus community dislikes Vindictus as much as the Warframe community seems to do. XD

3Ly3wCe.png

Edited by SortaRandom

I left Vindictus for Warframe, why? Vindictus was a P2W game. People here are complaining about the RNG, yet in Vindictus, RNG was everything. RNG especially enhancing your gear and if you got too high and the enhancement failed, boom, your gear is gone. Oh wait! with $5 you can buy a magic little rock that can guarantee your gear wont explode if the enhancement failed. Your gear would also explode with really good enchantments if failed, but with just $8 you can get a guaranteed no boom on your next fail, so on and so on. Hell, you had to BUY these things called "megaphones" just so you can talk on the entire region. It's sad to say this, but I actually had friends there spend about $1,000 a month just on that game alone and they're not the only ones. The community was terrible, everyone was really immature, anything you would say they'll just be trolling at you. Submit a ticket, you won't hear back from them within 9-15 months (literally) or never. Though, just like Warframe, it's constant grinding and farming, but that part I don't mind. The raids are always laggy, hell, the entire servers are always laggy. There will always be some monthly maintenance to fix the servers, but that would only last for a week, then it's back to a lag fest. I will give props though, to the graphics and designs. The graphics and designs of the gears are one of the best I've seen by far on any game. Though, it still does not make up for everything it lacks. I just hope Warframe will not turn out to be that way in the future. I love Warframe right now, I submitted a ticket not too long ago and got a response within 2 days. Every week there's a Prime Time that shows 2 lovely ladies kicking &#! in the game while showing us other people's art work and giving plat away. As well as every other week we get a Devstream that the Devs actually talk about what's going on in the game, what needs to be fixed, what the future holds etc. This game so far has been great with the community and have been responding to some feedbacks. Some people just can't see that and they greedily ask for more. 

Edited by Pansoy

Warframe still in beta

Vindictus been around for many years

Idk whos bright idea it was to even compare the 2 now

There are some really f***ing stupid matchups that I saw there...

Like Gotham City Imposters vs Everquest? What the actual f***?

The grand majority of the people I hang out with off the forums are Gaming types. Many of them do various amounts of dabbling with F2P Gaming too. 

Just about any of the guys can tell me about Vindictus if I asked. A much smaller number of my buddies are keeping up with Warframe.

It doesn't surprise me at all that Vindictus is known by a larger variety of people.

EDIT2:

I chuckled a bit at the comment section on Facebook. It seems that the Vindictus community dislikes Vindictus as much as the Warframe community seems to do. XD

3Ly3wCe.png

This gave me a mean case of the giggles.

Edited by SolidSp33d

This gave me a mean case of the giggles.

It's amusing, but a bit saddening at the same time. The game has serious problems, but unfortunately, Nexon simply doesn't care enough about its players to do a single thing about them. All they want is cash.

Had the second director not come in and introduced RNG, P2W, and reduced both the frequency and quality of updates due to how little funding the game was receiving (as a result of RNG and P2W, of course), I'm fairly certain that the game would still be kicking just fine, and it would likely be one of the best-quality MMOs out there even despite being managed by Nexon. It's truly a shame that what was once such a great game has become... what it is now, due to the head man being a fool, and only altering the game as he saw fit, without a care for the playerbase's opinions.

Edited by SortaRandom

I left Vindictus for Warframe, why? Vindictus was a P2W game. People here are complaining about the RNG, yet in Vindictus, RNG was everything. RNG especially enhancing your gear and if you got too high and the enhancement failed, boom, your gear is gone. Oh wait! with $5 you can buy a magic little rock that can guarantee your gear wont explode if the enhancement failed. Your gear would also explode with really good enchantments if failed, but with just $8 you can get a guaranteed no boom on your next fail, so on and so on. Hell, you had to BUY these things called "megaphones" just so you can talk on the entire region. It's sad to say this, but I actually had friends there spend about $1,000 a month just on that game alone and they're not the only ones. The community was terrible, everyone was really immature, anything you would say they'll just be trolling at you. Submit a ticket, you won't hear back from them within 9-15 months (literally) or never. Though, just like Warframe, it's constant grinding and farming, but that part I don't mind. The raids are always laggy, hell, the entire servers are always laggy. There will always be some monthly maintenance to fix the servers, but that would only last for a week, then it's back to a lag fest. I will give props though, to the graphics and designs. The graphics and designs of the gears are one of the best I've seen by far on any game. Though, it still does not make up for everything it lacks. I just hope Warframe will not turn out to be that way in the future. I love Warframe right now, I submitted a ticket not too long ago and got a response within 2 days. Every week there's a Prime Time that shows 2 lovely ladies kicking &#! in the game while showing us other people's art work and giving plat away. As well as every other week we get a Devstream that the Devs actually talk about what's going on in the game, what needs to be fixed, what the future holds etc. This game so far has been great with the community and have been responding to some feedbacks. Some people just can't see that and they greedily ask for more. 

any games from Nexon is pay to win.....

source: I wasted so much money on Maplestory. I regretted it.

It's amusing, but a bit saddening at the same time. The game has serious problems, but unfortunately, Nexon simply doesn't care enough about its players to do a single thing about them. All they want is cash.

Had the second director not come in and introduced RNG, P2W, and reduced both the frequency and quality of updates due to how little funding the game was receiving (as a result of RNG and P2W, of course), I'm fairly certain that the game would still be kicking just fine, and it would likely be one of the best-quality MMOs out there even despite being managed by Nexon. It's truly a shame that what was once such a great game has become... what it is now, due to the head man being a fool, and only altering the game as he saw fit, without a care for the playerbase's opinions.

Exactly why Warframe is so much better.

DE has its flaws, but they genuinely care about and act on the community's opinion.

Something that many overly entitled players here don't seem to acknowledge.

Whoa, whoa, whoa, hold on a tick. I'm not defending the appalling damage that the second director has caused for Vindictus over the past few years (optimization being a biggie, and RNG/pay2win being the finishing blow that destroyed the game entirely), but keep in mind that this game runs on the dated Source engine.

What from all that money that they earned they never upgrade engine, it seems that they are really greedy 

Edited by Histori

What from all that money that they earned they never upgrade engine, it seems that they are really greedy 

Seriously, man? An upgrade was never needed. The graphics, among Source games, were top-tier from the start. From what I'm aware, the game was also built around a version of Source that was modified from the original, and thus wouldn't be compatible with one of Valve's upgraded versions anyways.

The game has numerous issues, but the engine version isn't one of them.

I wanted too play Vindictus because awesome trailer, but when i heard i could lose/break all my swords that i worked hard for, and that people dont want too play with you if you dont have item x item c.

I just started too laugh and say no thanks i will get back too kicking with claymore in dark souls (imagine what rage would happen if your 5 forma penta gets destroyed like that lol i would burn their mofos headquaters).

Besides that it is mega stupid too look players by their gear only, what i am supposed too kick player from squad because he have mk1 braton?? please....

So as far i am  concerned WF  system beats vindictus, i never saw anyone that laugh and kicks others because their stuff (besides conclave but that is just in affect)

Edited by SALE94

what i am supposed too kick player from squad because he have mk1 braton?? please....

Uhm, actually, Vindictus' equivalent is having to boot players from your squad if they don't have twice-forma'd Pentas.

Oh, and every mod that you apply has a 50% chance of destroying your weapon.

(First four mods can have their destructions prevented for the low, low price of $3.99 per failed mod!)

Edited by SortaRandom

Uhm, actually, Vindictus' equivalent is having to boot players from your squad if they don't have decked-out twice-forma'd Pentas.

Oh, and every mod that you apply has a 50% chance of destroying your weapon and every mod that it's currently using, plus the new mod itself.

(First four mods can have their destructions prevented for the low, low price of $3.99 per failed mod!)

That is just  full on $&*&*#(%&.

And sounds like cash grab,p2w or pay too keep your stuff, and waste of time.

In fact it sounds even more dumb, than golden edition tanks in WOT.

WF is not best game ever released, but as endless horde/coop ninja power tps with good rpg elements it kicks major &#! in comparison with example shown above and represents its genre very  well.

Edited by SALE94