The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mmobomb.com F2P Showdown Megathread (Vote For Warframe!)

Blueklinky

I did not say anything regarding their community. I didn't specifically address Mabinogi. What I specifically said is using the carrot at the end of the stick will earn you votes and possibly win you the F2P Showdown. Mabinogi is using that. Other games used that. Warframe isn't. That disadvantage will materialize in the results of the poll.

Yeah, but, you're saying that Mabinogi was doomed to fail without the "carrot at the end of the stick" but they actually had a good chance of winning since the start.  Besides, by that logic, you would be saying that Warframe does have an advantage since Airmech is offering incentives if you win as well.

Yeah, but, you're saying that Mabinogi was doomed to fail without the "carrot at the end of the stick" but they actually had a good chance of winning since the start.  Besides, by that logic, you would be saying that Warframe does have an advantage since Airmech is offering incentives if you win as well.

I pointed to the possibility. Can you deny it? 

Also, what Airmech did was not planned nor requested by Warframe. Warframe is not offering anything. There are no carrots nor sticks from Warframe's side. By that same logic, any game under Nexon that asks its players to vote for Mabinogi counts against Mabinogi. Which is not true unless Mabinogi asked for that.

And please stop throwing words into my mouth. My writing was clear and you just try to morph my words into a notion of Anti-Mabinogi.

Edited by MaverickZero

I like how poeple are mad at nexon for giving events for winning this.

As if we wouldn't be thanking DE if they did the same thing.

This.

come on guys, get real and get off your high horse. If DE offered us anything all you'd do is rage about it on the forums and then, if we won, hop right into game and enjoy the reward.

Anyway, there are no rules whatsoever stating DE, Nexon, or any other game company couldn't give incentives. Yes, it's awesome that our community is coming together without said incentives, but there's no refuting that if we did have them, we'd be doing even better. Sometimes people need that carrot.

Edited by SoulEchelon

I pointed to the possibility. Can you deny it? 

Also, what Airmech did was not planned nor requested by Warframe. Warframe is not offering anything. There are no carrots nor sticks from Warframe's side. By that same logic, any game under Nexon that asks its players to vote for Mabinogi counts against Mabinogi. Which is not true unless Mabinogi asked for that.

Just to be fair here and clear things up.  Many Mabi players DID ask for help from other games.  Also, the Warframe devs and the Airmech devs DID agree to support each other as indies.  So in other words, neither games are free from that circumstance.

Just to be fair here and clear things up.  Many Mabi players DID ask for help from other games.  Also, the Warframe devs and the Airmech devs DID agree to support each other as indies.  So in other words, neither games are free from that circumstance.

I'm glad we see each other's points clearly now. I have one question though: where is your 2nd argument stated?

I searched the forum, wikia and the livestream summiries but couldn't find anything on that. A link would be useful.

found a song...guess i swap the Lyrics around in order to Encourage Our Tenno.

Arrivederci, i leave before this Battle Begins.

Because we both know wich one of these games is Gonna Win!

I'll show you how a Tenno handles a situation.

we'll beat you so bad, you'll feel it in the next generation.

So bring it on! I'll whip you like a Corpus!

Our Strength will burrow in your Brain like the Importance of Lotus!

I've got a neck chop for Hek! I'll put my skana through Anyo!

Check into a Priceline hotel and watch your Farmers on Hulu!

Vote tenno! we will emerge VICTORIOUS!

found a song...guess i swap the Lyrics around in order to Encourage Our Tenno.

Arrivederci, i leave before this Battle Begins.

Because we both know wich one of these games is Gonna Win!

I'll show you how a Tenno handles a situation.

we'll beat you so bad, you'll feel it in the next generation.

So bring it on! I'll whip you like a Corpus!

Our Strength will burrow in your Brain like the Importance of Lotus!

I've got a neck chop for Hek! I'll put my skana through Anyo!

Check into a Priceline hotel and watch your Farmers on Hulu!

Vote tenno! we will emerge VICTORIOUS!

Epic Rap Battles! xD

I'm glad we see each other's points clearly now. I have one question though: where is your 2nd argument stated?

I searched the forum, wikia and the livestream summiries but couldn't find anything on that. A link would be useful.

Alright I jumped to conclusions when I said that both devs agreed.  The situation is more like Airmech offering help and Warframe encouraging it (judging by the responses from the community mods).  Although I never really did have a problem with games getting extra support with other games if my last post accidentally implied that.

I like warframe but I sadly voted against it because of what Airmech is doing. It's really underhanded for the Airmech Dev to bribe(By offering its winning reward as a "If Warframe Wins" reward) its community with warframe props just to take down the other game because "QQ we lost lets make the big bad botter lose"

Edited by LukaWolfDog

I like warframe but I sadly voted against it because of what Airmech is doing. It's really underhanded for the Airmech Dev to bribe(By offering its winning reward as a "If Warframe Wins" reward) its community with warframe props just to take down the other game because "QQ we lost lets make the big bad botter lose"

That still doesn't explain to me why you would vote against Warframe...? 

Due to another community's action which has nothing to do with us you'd vote against the game you like? Also regardless of whether the opposing sides Devs are offering 'bribes' for winning as well?

That's exceptionally flawed logic right there. Good job.

49/51 - We need more votes.

Edited by Naith

We're the ones that beat Airmech. Their devs like Warframe and DE, and they'd like to see Warframe win because of that. It's more of a 'Well, if we can't win, I'd like to see you take home the prize.'

I'm sad about the fact we will probably lose because they are offering something if they win and DE is not offering anything if we win.

A 3-day booster was suggested earlier. It's nice. Or maybe a catalyst/reactor. Both won't change much for me but it will for a lot of people.

Alright I jumped to conclusions when I said that both devs agreed.  The situation is more like Airmech offering help and Warframe encouraging it (judging by the responses from the community mods).  Although I never really did have a problem with games getting extra support with other games if my last post accidentally implied that.

I know where you got the idea from but to be honest the mods of the forum don't represent the game or it's studio, at least in Warframe's case (e.g. in BLR that is not true).

The whole contest is about how much the players of said game care about their game. Waving the magic wand (incentives) kind of defeats the purpose.