The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mmobomb.com F2P Showdown Megathread (Vote For Warframe!)

Blueklinky

Lol... what happened while I was sleeping?

Offline for a night and that thread has like 20 more pages.

Can someone sum it up for me?

Rallying the troops as we fought our way out of a tie. Slow the hype from rally. A discussion over RO using bots back in the first rounds. Now we are discussing views over anime / novel art.

Is popular culture. It is not even considered art.

As I said, if you want  these elements (sophisticated subplots), but made in an adult and artistic expression, literature is full of classical writers who do not need nice and comfortable visual elements to "sell" their message.

You know what is one of the first elements of an artistic expression? Totally the opposite of pleasure, comfort and satiable.  Totally opposite of the same repetitive visual aesthetics, following stereotypes and archetypes.  The artistic expression should question, shock, intrigue, excite their public, through non-conventional concepts and ideas.  No need to entice or seduce the reader / viewer with images and characters easy to like or see.

So you're saying Monet, Da Vinci, Renoir, and Rembrandt aren't artistic? You are an odd duck.

As I said, if you want  these elements (sophisticated subplots), but made in an adult and artistic expression, literature is full of classical writers who do not need nice and comfortable visual elements to "sell" their message.

You know what is one of the first elements of an artistic expression? Totally the opposite of pleasure, comfort and satiable.  Totally opposite of the same repetitive visual aesthetics, following stereotypes and archetypes.  The artistic expression should question, shock, intrigue, excite their public, through non-conventional concepts and ideas.  No need to entice or seduce the reader / viewer with images and characters easy to like or see.

Art can be viewed very differently from people, that's just your own viewpoint on how you like and want Art to be or what you take art to be and pleases your tastes, I've taken Art courses and Art history, Art isn't made to shock or do the opposite, while some do, that's their form of expression. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, I may find the art you're interested in ugly and disgusting and vice versa. Art isn't one thing to be defined, it is defined by different people and their tastes, it doesn't have to question, shock etc to be Art.

Art is what you enjoy and what you think it is.

I bet you if you show half the people here of Piccaso's painting they'd think he was a bad artist because it isn't visually appealing, that's their own tastes, art isn't so abstract that it sticks to one form.

Art continues to grow and evolve into many different things and does what ever it may to anyone who perceives them. We can look at the same thing, and it may shock and excite you, but it can be boring to me, does that mean what you like isn't art because it doesn't question or excite me?

No, that's your own perception and definition of art, nor is it wrong, nor am I wrong for not taking an interest in your tastes of "different art viewpoints."

Again don't push your own ideals on to other people.

Edited by --Sensei--

Do you know what is one of the first elements of an artistic expression? Totally the opposite of pleasure, comfort and satiable.  Totally opposite of the same repetitive visual aesthetics, following stereotypes and archetypes.  The artistic expression should question, shock, intrigue, excite their public, through non-conventional concepts and ideas.  No need to entice or seduce the reader / viewer with images and characters easy to like or see.

Art is in the eye of the beholder. One mans garbage is another mans treasure. I am a writer, a poet. How ever if you compare my works to the "classical" poets you'd argue that I am not one. are disney movies no less artistic, or more so, than one of the popular anime movies out there? Why is picasso considered wonderful  art but a graffiti potrait on a wall considered ugly and distasteful? Art is not something one person, or subset of people can define for the entire human collective. 

It is just an idea but maybe... it is for the best to discuss whether anime is art or not in a separate thread in the Off Topic section? This discussion may be fascinating but it still does not belong into this particular thread *summons Letter13*

This is when I usually get Saryn's gloves off to give some people a good old slap.

It is just an idea but maybe... it is for the best to discuss whether anime is art or not in a separate thread in the Off Topic section? This discussion may be fascinating but it still does not belong into this particular thread *summons Letter13*

This. Please stay on topic.

Warframe @53%

Mabinogi @ 47%

I meant, what happened on our forums? In a few words?

--------------------------------------

Animu, huh?

I used to like everything anime.... when I was around 13~16.

But I started to expect more quality - animation, art and story wise:

Average anime cell shading animation : shifting of the protagonist instead of actually seeing them moving, 50% inner monolog where the object on the screen doesn't move but is only zoomed in slowly. Just cheap. Naruto and One piece are examples of where I tried to watch it, but couldn't... because the animation is so damn cheap, it's an insult to animation art. There are exceptions... most of them aren't cell shading.

okay... ignore that.

Gotta stay on topic

Edited by WEREsandrock

This is when I usually get Saryn's gloves off to give some people a good old slap.

?

By 'summoning' I meant building a telepathic bridge. Do you really think I'll go around and report people for derailing a thread? I should report myself first, then. Some people are just too quick to become gloveless and physical, eh?

?

By 'summoning' I meant building a telepathic bridge. Do you really think I'll go around and report people for derailing a thread? I should report myself first, then. Some people are just too quick to become gloveless and physical, eh?

It's a reasonable solution! 

Also, in all fairness, we're winning and the voting has trickled down to like one every 5 seconds.

So we mainly are just biding our time and hoping more people see the thread, and hoping they go "Gosh, 53% is awfully low! What if mabinogi gets another burst of votes???"

If DE offered any kind of reward, small as it is, we would crush any hopes of Mabinogi winning.

A Catalyst Alert after the pool. RedText announcement. 

We have a online population bigger than the total amount of votes in this pool. 

The problem is that most players don't even come to the forums, are not interested in participating or don't even know there's a pool going on.

If DE offered any kind of reward, small as it is, we would crush any hopes of Mabinogi winning.

A Catalyst Alert after the pool. RedText announcement. 

We have a online population bigger than the total amount of votes in this pool. 

The problem is that most players don't even come to the forums, are not interested in participating or don't even know there's a pool going on.

I want a pool now. :(

define eternal? It might get awkward arfter a minute.

Whenever you want it?
Edited by Sutherland

Any rewards for the voting people announced yet?!

I don't think there will be any specific rewards. None have been announced by DE. A warm 'Thank You' in the next devstream is very welcome, though =D

Oh, I tried to summon Dogeer, but Tulzschaframe came instead. My telepathic powers are still unstable it seems