Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Guide] How Not To Emblem: A Cautionary Tale.

holyicon

• 4 months later...
14 hours ago, Xephalone said:

is this me or the photos are kinda gone?

2 hours ago, egregiousRac said:

The images made by me in the OP still exist, but all of the ones by Holy seem to have been hosted on Dropbox and are MIA.

2 hours ago, senatorspade said:

Is it possible you could update this post so that the images show up :0? 

I'll look into why the images aren't being allowed from Dropbox ... I may have to relocate them imgur or another host.

And thanks for the heads up.

EDIT:
Okay so what happened is Dropbox changed their database.
My user folder was "u/30805637/" not it's "s/ra1jnrgov879ilk/"

I'll append the OP accordingly, after I take this opportunity to clean up my DB.

EDIT 2:
I ended up migrating all my content to imgur just to avoid DropBox pulling this again. Also, in addition to the new link names, the ability to hotlink dropbox content requires several annoying steps to get the true image link anymore...  so yeah, thanks for bearing with me.

Edited by holyicon
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, (Xbox One)FCastle74 said:

Don't know how significant but :

Hmm... I missed that patch note. Mine seem to look pretty similar. It would be helpful to get shots of emblems (preferably before/after) that have been adversely affected so that we can figure out what's up.

Here are mine (source emblems are in the OP):

ia3.png

This isn't totally accurate because the old shots are from a year ago, I think they were before the light adaptation and bloom slider updates. Light Adaptation is enabled on the right and Bloom is set to 100%. Color correction is still off.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, egregiousRac said:

Hmm... I missed that patch note. Mine seem to look pretty similar. It would be helpful to get shots of emblems (preferably before/after) that have been adversely affected so that we can figure out what's up.

ia3.png

This isn't totally accurate because the old shots are from a year ago, I think they were before the light adaptation and bloom slider updates. Light Adaptation is enabled on the right and Bloom is set to 100%. Color correction is still off.

Is there a way we can test a black as well?

• Like 1

19 hours ago, egregiousRac said:

I can only show the ones that are mine. I hope others can provide their own (even current shots with description of what has changed would help).

Personally, I didn't notice a Difference with mine, but I'll be monitoring this, and if it's a permanent change (not a bug that will get fixed soon) I'll make a note of it.

But right now, I just don't have enough data/examples to even compose a tip.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hey there, I was looking for some advice. I want my emblem to be solid while, but seeing as how bloom behaves I'm not sure what shade of grey to use.

Sharkie-Emblem-Grey2.png

Is this too bright? Not bright enough? Here's the logo in black for comparison:

Sharkie-Emblem-Black.png

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Nissun said:

Hey there, I was looking for some advice. I want my emblem to be solid while, but seeing as how bloom behaves I'm not sure what shade of grey to use.

Sharkie-Emblem-Grey2.png

Is this too bright? Not bright enough? Here's the logo in black for comparison:

Sharkie-Emblem-Black.png

IMO:

Leaving it black will make it appear clear or transparent. For black I would recommend some type of border.

Leaving it white, it will look like a flash light, to dark it will look grey. I would stay away from white completely. 

I would recommend a color of some kind. White and Black are just so hard to predict. 

On 3/28/2017 at 8:14 PM, egregiousRac said:

ia3.png

(In response to advice about a white emblem above)

But there is a magic number to make white look white with out the shoulder mounted flash light look, just not sure what that number is. I would look through the thread to see. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Nissun said:

I made this one with 200, 200, 200 and I don't know what to do. I want to believe it'll look okay but I'm not sure. I'd like to hear more opinions before I make up my mind.

Sharkie-Emblem-Grey-200.png

Well according to part 2 of the beginning of the first thread. That should turn out the way you want it. 

*Just IMO I would add more to your design. Maybe more to complement your clan. Just a suggestion. 

Edited by (XB1)FCastle74
  • Like 1

If I'm not too late to chime in ...

mQhMP5G.png

I shaded the edges to 192,192,192. It's not a "huge" difference but could help.
Hopefully the U20 changes keep this from being a Flashlight. I haven't seen any changes in my own clan's emblem (regarding U20), but there always hope, and Zendesk. lol.

• Like 1

On 3/28/2017 at 9:14 PM, egregiousRac said:

ia3.png

An update on this, mine look fairly transparent in many bright environments post-change. I don't have screenshots, but it likely applies to all emblems.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Oops sorry I totally forgot.

I'm super happy with how it came out:

20170512122441_1.jpg

20170512122325_1.jpg

Warframe0174.jpg

It could stand to be a lil higher res, but it's alright. It doesn't do well in close ups like these:

20170512122419_1.jpg

...but then again how often do I need this level of detail?

It's subtle, simple, and just what I wanted.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Nissun said:

Oops sorry I totally forgot.

I'm super happy with how it came out:

20170512122441_1.jpg

20170512122325_1.jpg

Warframe0174.jpg

It could stand to be a lil higher res, but it's alright. It doesn't do well in close ups like these:

20170512122419_1.jpg

...but then again how often do I need this level of detail?

It's subtle, simple, and just what I wanted.

Yeah man, that looks good. 

• Like 1