Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Guide] How Not To Emblem: A Cautionary Tale.

holyicon

Well I got itchy and changed whole logo to 200 200 200, then using the grey on the other layer to place in the middle, added a outline with a similar colour and I kinda ruined everything..

3DGbD6Z.jpg

Seems like the grey I had is see through for some reason(Alpha was 100% though), and the edges seem to have some weird blurring.

I actually wanted my logo to shine abit more, I'll be submitting a support ticket for this one.

SBurKOX.png

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 25/5/2017 at 9:40 AM, Auranapse said:

Well I got itchy and changed whole logo to 200 200 200, then using the grey on the other layer to place in the middle, added a outline with a similar colour and I kinda ruined everything..

3DGbD6Z.jpg

Seems like the grey I had is see through for some reason(Alpha was 100% though), and the edges seem to have some weird blurring.

I actually wanted my logo to shine abit more, I'll be submitting a support ticket for this one.

SBurKOX.png

But it looks awesome!!! =V 

I really like it.

• Like 1

On 7/4/2017 at 0:18 AM, RubenRosas said:

But it looks awesome!!! =V 

I really like it.

Haha I'm happy you do! Here's the corrected image(which I'm actually happy with), using white 255, 255, 255, which actually isn't that bad now as compared to the past according to the posts. The bloom is actually just right in my opinion.

9lg9M6L.jpg

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Auranapse said:

Haha I'm happy you do! Here's the corrected image(which I'm actually happy with), using white 255, 255, 255, which actually isn't that bad now as compared to the past according to the posts. The bloom is actually just right in my opinion.

9lg9M6L.jpg

It looks much better really cool, at least inside the Landing Craft... the thing with the bloom is that its highly dynamic so sometimes you can't even look at your emblem; good thing you made it simple and with sleek lines... looks really cool =^)

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

d9a4710e59d344d60c6a714993ae743f.png

I like this emblem :D

But the colors are a little restrictive when it comes to coloring the frame to match.

What are some good neutral colors other than Black/White?

Edited by Stinker
  • Like 2

Thanks for all the help in here. I figured I'd share the result with you. 

This is the 128x128 version:

swSFqkT.png

and this is what it ended up looking like in game:

Fbv01Es.jpg

Should I ever revise it, I'd go a shade darker on it even still but all in all I'm very happy with it and so is the rest of my clan. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Eluvyel said:

Thanks for all the help in here. I figured I'd share the result with you. 

This is the 128x128 version:

swSFqkT.png

and this is what it ended up looking like in game:

Fbv01Es.jpg

Should I ever revise it, I'd go a shade darker on it even still but all in all I'm very happy with it and so is the rest of my clan. 

Still looks great :thumbup:

• Like 1

On 8/27/2016 at 0:47 AM, Vyra said:

god, i wanted to upload a clan logo but reading all those troubles and incompatiblities i rather stuck with that lotus emblem...

like @Reifnir said , this kina thing should be free ,given the amount of effort the community * read as EVERY ONE OF US , non staffers, aka TENNO* put into our game . i  dont think its a bad thing but J F C this should be costing no more than 25 plat if anything ....15O is a gouge and we dont even get dinner for the attack on our wallet .

so far i havent had any complaints about the squad i was given randomly in missions but there should be consideration for us who love the game so much .

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

ox3rUyt.png

lets see how its going to hold up, submission in progress

has a slight blue softglow border, should work on any surface colour for contrast, hoping bloom wont  murder it.

Edited by Tyrlith
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Tyrlith said:

ox3rUyt.png

lets see how its going to hold up, submission in progress

has a slight blue softglow border, should work on any surface colour for contrast, hoping bloom wont  murder it.

Good Luck!
It'll be really interesting to see how the blue will glow around the black symbol.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
22 hours ago, TLViolynn said:

Hey folks,

I don't know if this is a dead thread, if not I was interested in some advice.

I have this clan emblem:

UplGCePEN-sVn40R6mP6cBL5s-bIDBxzeZjJFneC

What I'm submitting:

iXxp78BYdlb1tfNUzedFa0MARIIHHW_stN_chHbn

preview:

F1Kn7cOKNlkpXWsebIkrwL7364u6OrAHYiXw_kG0

Are the wing/feathers going to glowify my CE to blinding light?

The thread isn't dead, but your images are.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, TLViolynn said:

Huh, that's odd. They're not on my end. Let me get some new links though,

newclansubmit2018.png

The slight transparency of the wings might cause them to flare out. I'm not totally sure since the rendering change a while back. If it is bad you can send Support a modified version to replace it with for free.

I do see one design issue though. You cropped the very edge of the glow on the right wing. This is causing it to end in a hard line. If you are able to, try making the canvas slightly larger before scaling it down to emblem size or reduce the size of the glow.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, egregiousRac said:

The slight transparency of the wings might cause them to flare out. I'm not totally sure since the rendering change a while back. If it is bad you can send Support a modified version to replace it with for free.

I do see one design issue though. You cropped the very edge of the glow on the right wing. This is causing it to end in a hard line. If you are able to, try making the canvas slightly larger before scaling it down to emblem size or reduce the size of the glow.

^ What he said.

Also, thanks for catching this ^^ it's nice to know I have some friends helping with this thread <3

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Alright guys, with the new patch I can show the results.

without blur and light effects:

12BE335B29A6D16F5782EDF3EE029F9286C34C0B

in shadow:

F981C6028D26AB235D7FE36D5BF8921A60C08318

with blur and light effects:

6AF59F4C3E32C94CC9F5B11EBF8134A28BCC0D32

For more examples my old emblem too:

without blur and light effects:

B4AC49EFB4E7D861F2FDAFA0B7B8E02F7AE6045D

with blur and light effects:

9148D021D2A3A817229184559891638B212827F3

Edited by TLViolynn
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

After reading all this, I may try to fix my own emblem. It looks like a black rectangle with a white spider inside. Looks like I didn't get the memo on how to do transparency. I read, pure black RGB(0,0,0) becomes transparent, so I made it black - but it didn't turn out as expected. 

Will the support even fix a 3-4 year old emblem? >_>

• Like 1

12 hours ago, NoSpax said:

After reading all this, I may try to fix my own emblem. It looks like a black rectangle with a white spider inside. Looks like I didn't get the memo on how to do transparency. I read, pure black RGB(0,0,0) becomes transparent, so I made it black - but it didn't turn out as expected. 

Will the support even fix a 3-4 year old emblem? >_>

Sorry to hear.

As far as support, I'm guessing by this point, they would consider you "satisfied" with your emblem if it's been that long.
As far as I know, support will only help you replace an emblem if it was recently uploaded.

• Like 1

On 3/23/2018 at 11:07 PM, Sarge945 said:

To be honest, there should be a 48 hour period after uploading a clan emblem where it becomes free to re-upload, in case of mistakes etc.

It's only fair

They do let u 're edit your emblem. They've helped me repeatedly, free of charge. 

Edited by (XB1)RDeschain82
  • Like 1