Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Forfeit? But I Don't Want To.

Starbit

I joined a game where the host was lagging. Enemies were standing still and yet I got hit.

After a while, I died. Game asks me if I want to revive or forfeit. Since there's no timer to choose one of the 2 I decided to just sit and wait for the rest to clear the map. This effectively meant that no one can join to take my spot. Now, I know that revives get renewed daily but as a beta tester, I have to emulate possibilities.

Turns out that the host dies after 5 minutes. Nobody revives him. He starts calling others bad and the usual stuff then leaves the game. Game reloads since there's a host migration. I somehow end up being alive with the others. We complete the mission. Still counts as a victory.

Is this supposed to be working right?

"After a while, I died. Game asks me if I want to revive or forfeit. Since there's no timer to choose one of the 2 I decided to just sit and wait for the rest to clear the map"

I simply hate behavior like that

I choose to beleive he's not being a douchebag, and merely beta testing the possibilites out of the game. Good show sir.

I choose to beleive he's not being a douchebag, and merely beta testing the possibilites out of the game. Good show sir.

If so, why didnt he said: I decided to just sit and look what happens to the ui if I dont do anything.....

If so, why didnt he said: I decided to just sit and look what happens to the ui if I dont do anything.....

Because that wouldn't induce the emotions I intend to.

Also, I mentioned in the OP that as a beta tester I have to emulate possibilities. Mentioning it twice would be redundant. Or so I thought.

Edited by Starbit

That probably isn't intended behaviour. I've been through host migrations after a host crashed and people who were down were still down, and if you forfeit you can't rejoin the session without being dead so...yeah, I'd call that a bug.

Host migration is still wacky. If a boss goes stealth and doesn't come out? Tell the host to leave. Someone died early and doesn't have a respawn? Tell the host to leave. It's simple since if you're friends, he can just right back off you.

Thank god this one time the host left when me and my friend got screwed by a boss that was glitched, fixed him right up.

-LJ

@Regicidaal I understand it's not preferred behavior, but because of how the game treats it, it's beneficial behavior to the player. For those that want to get ahead, it would be stupid not to do it.

Granted, I usually just...don't die..but for those that do, I could see this making sense.