Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Optional Mission Feedback Survey

[DE]Rebecca

General complaint about the survey form itself:  If you're going to count the number of characters to make sure it's under 200, and then warn us we're over 200, please tell us how many characters we're currently at. 

Had to cut and paste it into notepad++ just to get an idea how much I needed to trim off.

I completely agree with the others that 200 characters was WAAYYY too limiting.

I know you guys don't want to read essays, but I had trouble even using bullets notes.

For instance I mentioned using the Sly Cooper games as a basis for a spy mission; so we actually SPY. Sure gathering data from control panels makes sense, but it isn't really fun. The SC games had you hack your way in, remained undetected (for the most part, the A.i. are way more touchy in the game, where if they hear one little "He-" EVERYBODY thinks its the end of the world and goes to battle stations.)

Anyways hack to get in, keep the guards unalerted, and then take to like the rafters above the map (one of the Grineer ships with the giant open space with something like a furnace in the center would be a perfect example). We do some ninja parkour, hide in the shadows and the fixtures. We listen to like a hologram call the Higher ups/ Bosses make with other bosses or even *GASP* The twin sisters, The Stalker, or Darvo or some sneaky business. 

EDIT: THIS WOULD BE A GREAT WAY TO INTRODUCE THE CODEX TO PLAYERS. Make them scan the Bosses once and see if they can identify the person they are talking too! I remember when the Cerico Crisis hit I did not know what the heck a codex scanner was!

DOUBLE EDIT: The scan would give you information on the boss's armor, and how to beat him. (For instance, General Sargus Ruk, it took me a couple of minutes to understand what was going on.) 

This helps with two things, 

1. The Lore and Story

2. People getting INVESTED in the story and wanting to know more. 

Lets be honest here, this game is all gameplay and no TANGIBLE story to it.(noticed I said TANGIBLE. This game HAS the story elements, but its like trying to sift through a ton of sand to find a 5 dollar bill. I found out more about the lore on the Wikipedia page then I did the ACTUAL game. That;s a problem.) 

BUT because of the character limit, my response was more like:

don't spy

No penalty alerting guards  AI movement Stealth is hard with others

OH! take inspiration from SlyCooper games for recon hang in the rafters and hear BOSSES talking for data

^ Helps with story

You barely get any of the big points I am trying to make. I say bump it up to about 1000 or even more next time.

Edited by (PS4)HypernovaGN

I'll be amazed to know of anybody who didn't pick rescue as their least favorite mission.

Invasions... mind numbing Missions you have to blast through it get a reward often with people I would never want to play with.

Rescue Missions can have problems with the AI pathing but honestly if the kiddies could learn patience and how to stay with the NPC instead of rushing ahead the Mission is pretty fun and goes much smoother (Hint: The NPC doesn't get stuck as much when idiots don't run off)

Oh and if you are thinking: 'But what if the players decide to attack the boss?"

Good thinking, because that would kinda be a problem seeing as you would "kill" them before you got to the assassination missions.

Have the Bosses have an UNGODLY amount of health, and make the flee as soon as they are hit. Warframe powers would also be needed to take into account, and I could 

Make the Lotus say some spy lines and forbid you from using loud and damaging powers like Ember's World On Fire. You guys already know how to take off warframe powers because of the Harvester event, just copy and paste for the most part. We are not there to kill a bijillion things, so it isn't really necessary. We are there to gather info and get into the story. Of course this limits gameplay which is almost never a good thing, so what you could do.

Make a giant trap happen if a player attacks the boss. Like ambush style, dozens of guards and laser turrets bombard everyone. Or better yet, have one of those blinding flashes of light that Alad V has happen so the Trinity God mode isn't an issue. 

That last idea doesn't seem very well thought out and I apologize, but I have some business to take care of. Not that you would want it, but if you need some other ideas about that fix just message me and I will try to flush out the idea more.

For everyone asking why Raid was removed: I'm guessing the way the mission type was designed made it so that you could complete the entire mission without attacking at all. You could speed run through the entire map to the objective, click the Raid interact, then hightail it out.

This was exceptionally easy with a Loki and Invisibility. Players could just run the mission over and over again, miniscule risk for decent reward.

Rescue is monotonous? Okay maybe but there are more monotonous mission out there. Anything that stops you from running and gunning is supposed to be monotonous? Soldiers have to protect things sometimes.

I think Rescue could be improved with the rescue target. Like having the HUD UI to show the status of the rescue target.

Soldiers have to protect things sometimes.

Sometimes? That's the whole point of ground troops. I forget where it's from but there's a quote: "You can bomb it to rubble, nuke it 'til it glows, or sear it down to the bedrock but you don't own it until your infantry is on it and the other guy's aren't."

I'd love to see more of these. But a little advice for future incarnations?

Avoid vague terms for # ranked questions. Anything that could be a semantic mess when asking for an opinion should be avoided.

Examples: An 'Exploratory' mission could mean a mission that involves unlocking areas to one player, could mean lots of backtracking and running around to another player, could mean an easter-egg-hunt style mission to another, or an actual map-charting style mission to another.

When in doubt, be specific and add details to the question. A good format I've seen is where surveys actually present the opinion in detail they're exploring, like:

-I enjoy missions that allow me to explore and uncover secret areas.
-I don't mind backtracking over areas of a mission map.
-I find maps that involve defending an objective a challenge.
-I find maps that involve higher-level foes a challenge.
-I find enemy types that use powers that drain my abilities a challenge.

And then you have #1-5 as 'Strongly Disagree/Strongly Agree' spectrum. You'll get much clearer, focused feedback from your players using detailed questions rather than potentially vague terms like 'Challenging' and 'Fast'; Challenging in what context? Fast as in how quickly I can move through it, or in terms of what the actual objective is? Etc.

Completed. 

200 characters is not enough, on the other hand... who would read all the feedback if it was ten thousand times a wall of text? 

I will be happy if more surveys like this will pop up in the future, I just love to say my opinion about things.

I want to add to the survey, which would have needed a free comment box, that I dont care what kind of mission i am supposed to run, as long as it doesnt waste my time and gives an adequate reward.

I wouldnt mind working for a rare blueprint and the like, so make those alerts harder, if you want to.

But i dont see a reason in playing for an hour and only getting junk for it, especially if I cant work on a secondary goal at the same time (leveling, stalker etc attacks, and so on).

If there werent the G3 around to be scanned and looted off of, I wouldnt care about the invasions lately, as they don't pay off.

What is with all the fuzz about rescue missions anyway. Those guys and girls dont die, they dont draw aggro and you dont need to wait on them either. Just free them and ignore.

What is most annoying, though, is Lotus changing her mind after you already did the first objective.

Either write the addition better, give a second reward for that, or skip from one to the other objective maybe half a minute in at most.

Thank you for your time.

Mh... Should have checked "Invasions" too at the mission types I try to avoid when I filled the Form yesterday. They literally add nothing but frustration and agony. It's the worst when it's something rewarding like a forma or potato now and then. Once you see the percentage surpass 75-80% you're pretty much too late to take part as you won't make the required runs in time anymore. Probably even earlier depending on the enemy level, total enemy count and the time it takes to clear out the ships. You've to be right on the spot when they pop up or you'll get nothing for all the trouble but some credits and resources you don't need. They could be Ultra-High-Priority-Alerts lasting for like 20 minutes as well because that's what they feel like. And most people are already oversaturated on Detonites, Fieldron and Mutagen. Hell I don't even use the Samples anymore other than for Research and still I've thousands over thousands of them.

I've like 150.000 Infested kills, not because I've been a Xini-Hog back in the old days (actually did Xini only a couple of times), no because it made fun to play against Infested. Now you've to be lucky enough to play against Phorid or whatever Gallium-mission is left over from a random Outbreak.

I'm not here to say they should cut the Invasions, but they are not balanced at all. They are of no fun to me anymore if they ever were after grinding Gradivus for a hundred times. It's like a race against time to make your cut. It's just tiresome and I've had it with this "semi-dynamic" sh*t that's also against the Tenno moral because of helping enemies for profit and that's why I'm avoiding them.

For everyone asking why Raid was removed: I'm guessing the way the mission type was designed made it so that you could complete the entire mission without attacking at all. You could speed run through the entire map to the objective, click the Raid interact, then hightail it out.

This was exceptionally easy with a Loki and Invisibility. Players could just run the mission over and over again, miniscule risk for decent reward.

One can do the same with Deception and Sabotage missions. Run to the target and either put the Datamass into the console or onehit the Sabotage target(s) with a good weapon and get the hell out.

Edited by MeduSalem

Personally I like the box-choices more, because this way DE do not need to read X-thousand chars of all Tennos who done the survey. But they need more questions and in greater detail. -> Importance of a "X"-Mission: Define X? Without the knowledge what they understand by saying X and what you think X is, it is not possible to answer that one correct or satisfyingly.

But hey, they can do better in the next survey =D

Submitted.  I chose Exterminate as my least favorit mode (which, for me, includes Corpus v Grineer invasions) because it is boring and the most prone to rushing.  It doesn't help that the spawns seem to be on the buggy side of things.  The rewards from the finite spawns also make it one of the least time efficient modes, especially when compared to something like MD/Def/Survival.

I'm also not a fan of Rescue, but that's because of the terrible pathing AI for the prisoner (who too often just runs in cirlces) rather than it being a poor concept.

Edited by JBS_1