Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mag: Tweaks To Make Her Better

Viibl

I love Mag, but I'm noticing some gaps in her abilities that I'd like to address. Nothing here is meant to be game breaking; just small, quality of life improvements to make her a bit more viable.

Pull: Change to lift target up as it pulls, allowing me to pull people over railings. Right now thy get caught on even the lowest of obstacles. I'd also like to see a faster casting time. It's a little cumbersome for a first level abilitiy, especially compared to others.

Bullet Attractor: Can we please make this work on Corpus gun projectiles?

Shield Polarizer: When used against enemy, this should transfer shield from enemy to Mag. (credit: Deathstrik3)

Crush seems fine, though I wish I was better protected while using it (given how small the radius is).

Edited by Viibl

An idea I had for shield polarize was to make it so when cast on an enemy they lose X shield and you gain X shield when cast on an ally you and the target gain X shield or leave how it works for allies as is but do the change for cast on enemy.

That's an amazing tweak to the vs. enemy ability. Shield transfer. Just awesome!

Edited by Viibl

Pull is quite a lot better now since targets are knocked down setting them up for a coup de grace.

Unless they got a foot caught on an obstacle and ended up laying down, comfortably and safely, behind low cover. Hence the adjustment.

Another tweak to Pull. If you're on the ground, you lift up the enemy and pull it to you, but if you're in the air, you pull yourself to the enemy.

Makes it an offensive/mobility combo skill like Slash Dash, which brings her in line with the other starting 'frames.

Another tweak to Pull. If you're on the ground, you lift up the enemy and pull it to you, but if you're in the air, you pull yourself to the enemy.

Makes it an offensive/mobility combo skill like Slash Dash, which brings her in line with the other starting 'frames.

Best suggestion for a change to Pull I've ever seen.

Bullet Attractor should also have a benefit on top of making bullets home in, like auto-crit or ignoring armor.

Currently she lacks a reliable offensive tool, and the ability itself is of limited use due to how rarely any enemy warants magnetizing in the first place.

Bullet Attractor should also have a benefit on top of making bullets home in, like auto-crit or ignoring armor.

Currently she lacks a reliable offensive tool, and the ability itself is of limited use due to how rarely any enemy warants magnetizing in the first place.

Bullet attractor is fine as it is, once it's max level it's radius is large enough that enemy projectiles don't have the velocity to escape the radius of the ability, and enemies shoot themselves to death just by trying to attack you.

Bullet attractor is fine as it is, once it's max level it's radius is large enough that enemy projectiles don't have the velocity to escape the radius of the ability, and enemies shoot themselves to death just by trying to attack you.

I just started messing around with Mag, but if that's true I think I have a new favorite toy.

This is only worth casting on larger enemies and bosses, It is far too situational! Not to mention being so faction specific that is only ever really effective against the Grineer. It is useless against all infested, doesn't attract any Corpus laser projectiles and doesn't work on Napalm Grineers!

The thing that bothers me most is how the skill actually works makes it very difficult to land handshots in a lot of situations. If you don't believe me grab a Snipetron and try to nail a headshot while the skill is active. Bullet attraction seems to actually change the trajectory of the bullets to the center of the sphere, which can make the only way to land a headshot aiming for the very top of the sphere. Whats more the effect becomes worst as it gets larger when you level it.

I can tell you right now that it is not worth 75 energy, period! If they had the effect drag the bullets to the enemy's weak point or to where ever you aimed the skill it could potentially be worth casting on something that isn't a boss!

As for the rest of Mag's kit, the only thing that really needs touching is Shield Polarize! It has almost no practical application for it's cost on top of once again being hugely situational. It should probably be replaced with another skill all together. Even if you made the skill drain shields in an AoE and redistribute it among your allies, it would only ever be good to use against the Corpus! [Non-heavy Grineers and Infested never have shields!]

The skill will never be worth casting on something that isn't a boss. For just an extra 25 energy I can cast crush, which will do a ton of damage to elite mobs [when I can finish them off with a few quick shots to their weak-spot], or for 50 less I can cast pull, which will stun them and knock them down. [where again I can finish them off quickly].