Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Getting Really Sick Of Farming Bosses

Xrylene

I've been farming Everest and Tethys for about 8 hours, alternating between the two because I'm aiming for Trinity and my co-op partner wants to get Ember. Out of all of these runs, we have only gotten the Trinity Helmet Blueprint, Trinity Chassis Blueprint, and a metric fucktonne of orikin cells. Not even one Ember Blueprint yet either.

Now, I'm fine with having to fight a boss a few times, and the chance of getting some duplicates. But I can't even say I've gotten duplicates. Out of the 30+ or so combined runs, most of them we either get an orikin cell, or a random resource like a neurode. I get that warframes aren't supposed to be easy to get, but this seems like a very fake difficulty, some people might get lucky and get their's in like three to six runs, others could be at it for days and get nothing.

The worst part, by far though, is my last run against Vay Hek. He dropped like 21 Ferrite. @(*()$ Ferrite. Which I have like 12000 of due to needing to farm Mercury with my friend to help him get a shield mod. Not even the 100 or so that usually seems to drop, just 21, and it's completely useless.

Is it really unreasonable to ask that bosses have a guaranteed drop of a blueprint at least? You'd still get duplicates sometimes, but at least you can sell those, and entire runs wouldn't feel absolutely worthless.

Edited by Xrylene

Let me introduce you: this is RNG. RNG hates you. Have a nice day.

Seriously though, I feel your pain, random loot sucks. Took me 2 weeks to get a control module to drop one time, and then I got 3 in one run. >.< I don't see it going away anytime soon though. Best just to take a break and do something else for awhile if you feel frustrated.

What's really annoying is hoping to someday see this fabled shield mod I've heard about...

I got a shield and health mod before I even finished Mercury. My friend, and others it seems, are not so lucky. It took so long to get it for him that we got 12000+ Ferrite.

Shield and vitality mods are indeed dropping a fair bit. If you're looking for them, I suggest doing the highest level Defense missions you can survive against Grineer. They're the most likely to drop shield and vitalit mods, methinks.

I hate the idea of a full economy for this game, but a simple player-to-player trade system for inventory items and mod cards would help immensely for players who've simply been screwed by the RNG. (I'm playing with an outfitmate from PS2 and he's been looking for Redirection for months. Meanwhile, I've gotten two already after a few days. That's the nature of true randomness, and I would happily just hand him that card if I could.)

This is ridiculous. I just fought him five times in a row by myself, which takes forever since it takes all of my energy(stealthed melee attacking as Loki) and all of my lato vandal ammo to bring him down. In order, he dropped some rubedo, some more rubedo, a neurode, another neurode, and some ferrite. I've spent over an hour and two of my revives to get nothing.

You hear that DE? RNG can F*** off, design a better system. This is stupid.

What I can offer is, aside from waiting for a change, you could try to optimize your farming runs. Here's a couple of things you can do to make it faster:

1. Abort mission immediately after boss. You don't want to spend 50% of your farming time running to extraction for a few credits.

2. Skip all enemies before boss. Waste of time to kill them.

3. Strap on some Sprint speed and Marathon mods to get to boss even faster.

4. Setup your weapons and abilities so that you will kill the boss fast (this might not be easy if the RNG hasn't blessed you with right mods though :( )

What I can offer is, aside from waiting for a change, you could try to optimize your farming runs. Here's a couple of things you can do to make it faster:

1. Abort mission immediately after boss. You don't want to spend 50% of your farming time running to extraction for a few credits.

2. Skip all enemies before boss. Waste of time to kill them.

3. Strap on some Sprint speed and Marathon mods to get to boss even faster.

4. Setup your weapons and abilities so that you will kill the boss fast (this might not be easy if the RNG hasn't blessed you with right mods though :( )

1: Started doing this the moment I realized it worked.

2: Been doing that, but it's painful sometimes, I'm Loki so I have really low base shields and health, meaning even with redirection and vitality I'm squishier than most, and I need to save my energy to stand a chance against the boss.

3: Been doing that with my spare capacity.

4: Done that, at least as best as I can. I have a maxed melee damage mod, 75% armour pierce, 40% fire rate, and 30% crit damage, and I have a maxed Invisibility with 20% increased power duration from continuity on my warframe, so I'm trying to maximize my stealthed autocrits against him. I have a Strun and a Lato Vandal with damage increases, armour pierce, and pretty much every element damage type on them. I've even been purchasing pistol ammo boxes for when I get screwed over on energy and ammo drops, which is more often than not.

The main thing though, is it's not fun, and games should be fun. I get the impression the devs played one too many MMOs and have the biggest hardon for rare drops as a result, one reason why I avoid MMOs entirely. This game has the potential to be really good and different, but all that potential is getting S#&$ on by awful RNG and them trying to force you to either grind for days or pay like 20 bucks for a warframe. it's actually disgusting.

The very few occasions that I've even gotten a blueprint drop since my opening post, it's just been repeat drops of the chassis. Which is better than all the god damn ferrite I've been getting, since at least that can be sold for 3500, but still.

Edited by Xrylene

I agree with this post wholeheartedly. Sure, there's should definitely be some adventure and hard work behind acquiring a warframe, but it should not involve repeating the same boss mission dozens of times. Grinding is not fun.

Edited by LeafRunner

It's even worse when the boss is so boring that it's a grind in itself. Vay Hek has a rapidly regenerating shield, seems to have thousands of hit points, can kill me in a few seconds if I'm not stealthed or far away, and if I am far away trying to snipe at him so that I don't get destroyed by his shotgun, he hides behind cover every three seconds and regenerates his shield.

I just used my last revive against him just now, and got another neurode out of it. I'm just about ready to ragequit and tell everyone I know to avoid this game. In the last two days I've fought this guy alone like 40 times.

Edited by Xrylene

Okay, some perspective here. Before I started facing this boss over and over again, as well as the other one with my friend, I had one orokin cell and 1 neurode, as well as about 200 rubedo. I now have 16 orokin cells, 15 neurodes, and 522 rubedo. From boss drops alone, I've gotten 322 rubedo(at about 20 per drop, so 16 drops roughly), 14 neurodes, and 15 orokin cells, along with who knows how much ferrite. Out of all of those runs, I've gotten two trinity helmet blueprints, three trinity chassis blueprints, and an ember helmet blueprint. I've gotten at least 15 drops of just ferrite, probably more, but I'll err on the lower side. That means in total, between the two bosses, we've made 60 runs in two days, approximately. Out of all of those runs, only six blueprints have dropped. So the chance of us getting a blueprint at all seems to be about 10%, 3.33% for a specific one. By those odds, it's likely to take me around 30 runs to get the final piece I need, and about 60 more for my friend to get the two ones he needs.

Let me introduce you: this is RNG. RNG hates you. Have a nice day.

Seriously though, I feel your pain, random loot sucks. Took me 2 weeks to get a control module to drop one time, and then I got 3 in one run. >.< I don't see it going away anytime soon though. Best just to take a break and do something else for awhile if you feel frustrated.

I must've made sweet, sweet love to the RNG sometime yesterday during one of my naps because within the span of only a few hours of farming Jackal, I got the Rhino Helmet bp, Rhino Chassis bp, Rhino Systems bp, and a gold potato bp from an alert (which I'll use on my Rhino when it's made or at 30, whichever benefits the most).

For what its worth, I think you've been quite unlucky with the drops. So far I have usually gotten one of each BP within about 20 runs. I just farmed Frost, and first 10 runs I got nothing. then within the next 10, I got all three BPs (2x from two of them before last on dropped).

Edit: Do you play on EU? If you do, add me, I can help you farm Vay Hek.

Edited by arune