Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Cannot Enable Nvidia Physx Effects

Synikal

Exactly what it says in title, it won't allow me to enable PhysX Effects, even though they worked fine before the steam release. I do in-fact have two nvidia cards, so that's not the problem. It works fine in other games like Borderlands 2. Here is what it shows.

W5GaAff.jpg

Any help would be appreciated.

Same problem here, although I got only 1 graphics card. It works perfectly in Borderlands 2, and some other games like Hawken, But I can't enable it in Warframe (where it's best looking imo), whatever option I choose in Nvidia control panel...

I am having the same issue too, When I told the tech support about it, they just told me that if the card does not have enough memory the option is lock, yet I know that I have enough memory on my card to do this. So either there is a bug here they don't know how to fix, or idk what. Even my friend which has a 4-Way SLI GTX Titan setup is having this issue, they told hime the same thing.

I'm running a GTX460 and I cannot enable it also.

Apparently PhysX is always enabled on their game, that option we cannot enable is the APEX PhysX.

Below is the reply I got from Support:

PhysX is enabled whenever you have a modern video card like yours, in our engine you can't actually turn it off. APEX PhysX is something separate and requires additional hardware and memory to work. Your card has the muscle, but does not meet the memory requirement. In order to enable APEX PhysX in DirectX11 you need 1G of RAM.

I believe you will be able to enable Apex if you switch to DirectX9 as there is a lower memory requirement for both the game and Apex. To do that click the little gear in the upper right of the launcher and you should see the option to disable DirectX11.

Sadly enabling/disabling DX9 doesn't change it :( no pretty lights for me then.

EDIT: changed text color to white.

Edited by Rathelas