Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Pc Event: Tethra's Doom

[DE]Megan

As it should be.

Skill > All.

If you have a player who can get a Perfect Score, well awesome. He deserves the reward.

The way the system is now, that guy who is in a clan by himself gets a perfect score.....and gets nothing despite his awesome skill.

I don't think a one-man clan should be ranked higher than a 500 person clan, ever.

He should if he possesses more average skill than that 500 person clan.

Plain and simple.

If he can pull an 1800, he deserves to win over that meh clan doing 1500s.

If 1 player gets 1,800 and his clan gets 1,800 score.

What about the clan with 2 players, 1 with 1,800 and 1,799 for a clan score of 1799.5.

The 1 player should win?

Edited by Zerrien

One more thing to add, why didn't they just score moon tier clans the way they did like in one of the past events? Where the score was averaged between number of members and their respective score? I thought that system worked wonderfully.

Stop kidding yourself, you are either in CM or obviously not in any moon clan, because everyone in the leaderboard is obviously using alts.

<----in a Shadow Clan that doesn't do this stupid BS and we're tired of never ranking because of people who do use exploits and/or nolifers who grind away 24/7 and/or stupid rules, like "more people = better chances".

We want our skill to matter.

As it should be.

Skill > All.

If you have a player who can get a Perfect Score, well awesome. He deserves the reward.

The way the system is now, that guy who is in a clan by himself gets a perfect score.....and gets nothing despite his awesome skill.

The problem is a one man moon clan gets a perfect score, meanwhile a clan with 300 members have 100 people get a perfect score and anther 200 get good but not perfect scores.

With the average system the 1 man clan is still regarded as more skilled. This could be fixed by DE making more brackets or having moon clans with less than 300 members not have an impact on leaderboards but DE are incompetent like that.

One more thing to add, why didn't they just score moon tier clans the way they did like in one of the past events? Where the score was averaged between number of members and their respective score? I thought that system worked wonderfully.

1-man Moon Clans. It's unfair for a clan of 300+ Members to need to compete with the score of 1 person.

1-man Moon Clans. It's unfair for a clan of 300+ Members to need to compete with the score of 1 person.

IMO, 1-man Moon Clans should not even exist in the first place. Clans should only be considered that tier when they have enough players.

1 player, regardless of barracks you have built? Enjoy your Shadow Clan status.

<----in a Shadow Clan that doesn't do this stupid BS and we're tired of never ranking because of people who do use exploits and/or nolifers who grind away 24/7 and/or stupid rules, like "more people = better chances".

We want our skill to matter.

So rewarding players for putting hours into the game is BS? I hate DE's way to handle events as much as you do but punishing players for being "nolifers" and putting time into the game is one damn funny thing to hear.

So events are going back to who has the most members and not who has the most skilled members? Can we have one event where DE doesn't change the rules during the middle of it? I don't know why I even bother supporting a company that can't handle a simple trivial game mechanic.

Edited by Vlayde

So rewarding players for putting hours into the game is BS? I hate DE's way to handle events as much as you do but punishing players for being "nolifers" and putting time into the game is one damn funny thing to hear.

Grinding the same action over and over and over again (especially when it doesn't require any skill whatsoever) for 24/7 should not guarantee you a statue, at the expense of everybody else who actually has a Real Life, a Job, etc.

That's why events should never be scored based upon pure grind like some of the past events were.

How will Moon Clan clan scores be calculated then?

All other tiers are relatively small. 1 to 10, 11 to 30, 31 to 100, 101 to 300. Moon clans have a window of 700. A clan of 301 can never compete with a clan of 999. I really don't know what you guys are doing but some clarification would be appreciated, please.

Grinding the same action over and over and over again (especially when it doesn't require any skill whatsoever) for 24/7 should not guarantee you a statue, at the expense of everybody else who actually has a Real Life, a Job, etc.

That's why events should never be scored based upon pure grind like some of the past events were.

Actually, this is a great way to handle things, so you know. Only the most elite clans should compete against each other for a chance of a trophy. Gold, Silver, Bronze. Three for each tier.

This proves a clan's dedication and skill, and how elite they are.

A clan full of people with jobs or lives? They can compete, but obviously they aren't driven enough to GO for a Golden trophy.

So what exactly is one supposed to do to help the clan once we get the max score? If we can't use alts, then the event winner is basically decided by whichever clan happens to have the most players in that tier.

Pretty much the clan with closest to 100% participation excluding alt accounts.

*shrugs*

All the more reason why it should be averaged.

It should be, and DE knows this. However DE wants their favorite little shill clan to win, and they'll do everything they can to make sure they don't lose to Warbros again. Even if that means setting up the event scoring specifically to make it impossible for Warbros to win without "exploiting".

Actually, this is a great way to handle things, so you know. Only the most elite clans should compete against each other for a chance of a trophy. Gold, Silver, Bronze. Three for each tier.

This proves a clan's dedication and skill, and how elite they are.

A clan full of people with jobs or lives? They can compete, but obviously they aren't driven enough to GO for a Golden trophy.

This has to be one of the most ridiculous things I have ever read on the forums to date.

"Dedication"? You're saying we should drop our real life commitments for a stupid video game? I'm sorry... Warframe, WoW, doesn't matter WHAT game it is, NO game, I mean NO GAME is worth abandoning your RL commitments (family, job, etc) over.

The moment you think it is, is the very moment you need to stop playing said game immediately.

This is how MMORPGs ruin lives of those who can't separate the needs of their RLs from a video game.

This should not happen, ever.

Going to leave this locked for the time being since things derailed into a bunch of people pointing fingers back and forth.

Flamebait and naming & shaming directed at other clans does not facilitate civil discussion! It doesn't matter who's on the receiving end of it. Disrespecting players and clans is against the community rules and guidelines. If you see it happening, please report it. Thank you.