Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Low Fps (10-22, Some Times 30-) (Meeting The Requirements) No Matter Low Or High Settings.

Zpraycle

Question

Hi, i posted this on Steam community hub discussion, but didn't get an answer that fixed my problem.

I get a very bad fps on warframe. i don't have any problem with any other game always 30 or more at least.

but with warframe it goes 30 or below.. some times 40.

my system meats the requirements, also checked on can you run it and game debate and both say i can easily run it, smooth.

specs:

CPU: AMD phenom II x4 40 (3.00GHz)

RAM: 4GB ddr3 1333MHz.

Graphic card: ATI radeon HD 4850 (512 mb)

Enough HDD space.

Windows 7 64 bit.

no matter what settings i put it on (high or low) it stays the same fps. everything lowed out same fps as everything maxed out. maybe 5 fps difference.

Is there a way to fix this?

My graphic card could be the only thing i could think of, but the requirements say you need an ati radeon hd 3600 or up so i don't get it.

NOTE: Changing graphic settings in game didn't help me. if i turn everything off/low i get the same fps if i turn everything on/high (only 5 fps difference, which is like nothing).

its kinda obvious its a graphics problem , make sure you are on the lowest fo settings and disable all post effects , if you areall ready on low settings , upgrade your graphics card

yeah everything is lowest.

but then i'm pointing at the requirements again. it says you need an ati hd 3600. to run at least 30 fps. (minimum specs is always 30 fps, because under that it's getting unplayable and minimum = just playable). i have higher than that, so should run at around 40 fps or something like that.

if this isn't true then the requirements aren't right or there is something to fix this solution which i haven't found yet.

Edited by DuTchEr95

its kinda obvious its a graphics problem , make sure you are on the lowest fo settings and disable all post effects , if you areall ready on low settings , upgrade your graphics card

Actually, he/she already set it all low/off... If the case was rooted to faulty graphic card, then probably the Windows shouldn't be even started with full resolution and Aero enabled, right? At least even if it was the graphic card, maybe with some response from the staff he/she could isolate the problem...

And it's sure another cost to buy another graphic card, even if it's cheap... Welp, better try to fix it before you buy a replacement...

I have the exact problems with you (using a HD5750 btw) and it didn't happen to me before update 7. My fps was always around 30~40 before update 7 since i have v-sync on but now it drops a lot to 20~30 even with v-sync off. Tried everything -_- it just won't go up.

Edited by Sayoka

I meant the overall performance of your CPU. (# of cores, and their speed)

that's weird because all the other games run fine. only warframe seems to have less fps. the other games (depend on which games) give me at least 30+ (battlefield 3), source games(like gmod, css, etc.) give me most of the times 120+

But IF, just if.. there was a cpu limit, how would i go and fix this problem (or is this not possible? except buying a new CPU)?

that's weird because all the other games run fine. only warframe seems to have less fps. the other games (depend on which games) give me at least 30+ (battlefield 3), source games(like gmod, css, etc.) give me most of the times 120+

But IF, just if.. there was a cpu limit, how would i go and fix this problem (or is this not possible? except buying a new CPU)?

If your system gives BF3 at least 30 FPS, there should be no problem that could be happened with Warframe.

If there is a CPU limit problem, maybe it's on the engine's source code that conflicted with your CPU?

Do you ever played darkSector/The Darkness II/BioShock 2/Homefront on your system?

If your system gives BF3 at least 30 FPS, there should be no problem that could be happened with Warframe.

If there is a CPU limit problem, maybe it's on the engine's source code that conflicted with your CPU?

Do you ever played darkSector/The Darkness II/BioShock 2/Homefront on your system?

No i haven't played any of these games before.

I'm stumped.

I don't know any other alternatives that could solved it.

It's surely curious enough that it's only happened with Warframe, which clearly

have lower requirements than the other game you mentioned...

Try the report ticket. While it's probably will take a while to get responded, it's still worth it.

So what does someone do when they regularly receive frame rate drops with a GTX 670, i7 @ 3.5 ghz, 16gb ram... all drivers up to date?

My PC should be laughing at warframe, however I regularly get huge FPS drops when in co-op mode...

Neither my GPU or CPU are remotely close to being strained by the game, yet my FPS regularly plummets for no appparent reason.