Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Boltor Is It Worth It

Nylex

Question

13 answers to this question

I agree, everytime I hear the sound of those bolts...but then again, any primary that's supercharged will be a beast! I'm getting akboltos instead (since it's secondary) and keeping my braton just so I cover armour pierce and still have a gun for general purposes.

The armor ignore of the boltor makes anything armored (grineer) a total joke. You may need reload speed mods though, IMO it reloads on the slow side. It's pretty funny to melt grineer heavies like butter.

Edited by novac3721

What would be a good side gun and melee weapon to go a long with Boltor?

What are some good mods for boltor ?

Does Fire rate increase the bullet speed of the Boltor?

Edited by Davey

What would be a good side gun and melee weapon to go a long with Boltor?

What are some good mods for boltor ?

Does Fire rate increase the bullet speed of the Boltor?

A good side gun is something that can hit at range. I often have trouble trying to shoot cameras across the room with the Boltor due to the bolts flying wildly. So the Lex is pretty good for that, but the Lato can work as well.

Good mods are like Cathulhu said, Reload Speed is nice as well as Damage. I would also suggest ammo max because at higher levels I find myself running out of ammot often (but that may be due to my play style).

I am not sure if Fire rate increases the projectile speed, but I will try to test it and find out.

My friend and I did a quick test. He had a 35% fire rate increase, and I had no fire rate increase on mine. We didn't notice any change in the projectile speed. Granted, this wasn't a very scientific test, we pretty much just shot at something at a long distance, but as far as we could tell, they were the same. Hope this helps

Does Fire rate make a diffrence with them weapon.

Yes, it increases the rate at which it fires. The only mods that you shouldn't put on it (as far as I am aware) is the armor piercing mod because the gun already ignores armor.

Reload speed should be important, also damage mods.

Do not use armor piercing or critical damage mods, these are useless in a Bolt weapon.

Actually, Boltor can crit now.

To answer the OP: yes.

Edited by xephyris