The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

No One Joins After Mission Start

UnderFiend

Well, it could be that other people have the problem but they don't realize there is one.

Before the Tethra's event patch if I ran an invasion map alone, I would always fill up the team after not even one minute. Or more often than not I would join an ongoing match.

Since that patch I've NEVER been able to join an ongoing match.

I can sit on the lobby waiting for other people and hope the team fills out before it starts, because if it doesn't fill out then nobody else will join during the match.

The alternative is hoping I have 3 friends online that want to do what I need to do (and right now I don't as I need the brakk and they need the detron..)

So yea, after all these weeks.. I've lost the fun to play and I just log for the daily reward. Sometimes I check if anything changed regarding this problem.. but so far no luck.

Yeah, same here. I haven't been able to join an in-progress match since I came back after the Tethra event. For the recent Catalyst alert, I made sure I was set to Online, but ended up going the full 15 waves solo because no one ever joined.

We did some testing last night with DE and it looks like they understand the issue. It appears that squad matching has preference to make new teams in the lobby or have new people join people who are in the lobby, as opposed to joining a squad that has already started the mission and or made progress, or a squad that was formed prior to going to the lobby (ie. inviting a friend/s to join on the planet map before selecting a mission). This tends to happen most often in popular nodes. A solo person gets preference over a two-person squad for this reason.

Either way, DE is aware of this now and is looking into it. I'm glad they have taken note and are working to resolve the problem.

We did some testing last night with DE and it looks like they understand the issue. It appears that squad matching has preference to make new teams in the lobby or have new people join people who are in the lobby, as opposed to joining a squad that has already started the mission and or made progress, or a squad that was formed prior to going to the lobby (ie. inviting a friend/s to join on the planet map before selecting a mission). This tends to happen most often in popular nodes. A solo person gets preference over a two-person squad for this reason.

Either way, DE is aware of this now and is looking into it. I'm glad they have taken note and are working to resolve the problem.

Thanks..keep us posted

i too have notices a grave absence in tenno operatives to assist. even when i type in the recruiting channel, it takes an abundant amount of time to get anyone to join unless your doing t3 void missions. i have also selected nodes that are "busy" or labeled as 13+ active squads doing that mission. i am unable to join any of those squads. in addition when i start my own session no one ever joins.

Thank you for this! There are three things currently driving me away from the game and this issue is one of them.

• 3 months later...

Sometimes I hit Play Now and start the mission before I get into a random group.  Since the last patch I no longer get teammates.  Tried it multiple times on Defense, Mobile Defense, Capture, the missions where you hack 4 consoles, etc.  Never get a teammate.

I also have this problem i have sat in the lobby waiting for ppl to join but no one does and i have double checked my play status it is online i also changed my ping settings to unlimited as well still no one seems to be able to join me nor i them.  I have to do everything solo or actually send invites to ppl who i am going to play with.

Same issue with multiple alerts and missions.

Did a nightmare alert earlier today...by myself. It wasn't undoable, especially with Valkyr, but it's pretty scary (since she was R9).

Edited by Go4tfi5h

Yeah I have this issue as well, I seem to be unable to connect to anyone in public matchmaking, even if they are alerts or bosses that should have a lot of people playing. This has been since the first U14 hotfix. Kinda dumb since I bought the U14 bundle and the boosters are basically wasted.

Edited by PsychicKoala

Just wanted to put my name in saying that public matchmaking is broken for me also. No one joins any public games I start and I can wait indefinitely while it searches for other players at mission launch, and no one ever does.

[Edit] - My public matchmaking seems to be working correctly now. The 14.6 hotfix seemed to correct the problem.

Edited by nonexcept

Thought this was just me.  For me, I select a mission, Accept, and then the game screen grays out while the black "Please Wait" window pops up.  That's as far as it gets.  There's no option for "Start Now", nobody else joins the squad, and there's no option to back out of that state, requiring me to Alt-Tab out to desktop then manually end the Warframe session and reboot the game.

I've currently been sitting on this screen for about 15 minutes to see if it would by any chance hook up a squad, but no soap.  Sure seems broken to me.

While we're at it, can we please somehow add the info on individual planets/nodes how many squads are active, the way it was prior to U14?  That bit of info was always handy to have.

Just tested this on Xini and Sechura. I started the mission without a squad and sat there for 5 mins. No one joined.

I think this is going back to the old bug that started the thread. Something about the algorithm for matchmaking selecting new instances verses those in progress. The way I'm understanding how it works now is you're supposed to wait in the lobby.

I ran a few missions over the weekend with my partner on the new Mercury maps and no one joined. I assumed everyone was enjoying the new content but now I doubt that's the case since the two maps I just mentioned are popular for leveling.

Also, StarGeezerTim, I just noticed there is no active count on squads in the new map as well. I suggest you start a feedback thread on that since it's not exactly part of this issue.

Put my hat in the pile.  Nobody joins after starting a mission anymore, even on missions you know people are doing.  This results in much less teaming and alot more soloing.  If I wanted to solo all the time I'd use the option to solo.

In my case it seems that only the invasion missions are not working in public mode.
Instead "finding game" it shows instantly "waiting for players" but no one is joining.
Started the mission then alone and nobody joined during the game.
I detected this issue yesterday with version 14.0.6 and will test it again with new update later today.

Your not alone in this problem. It appears I cannot find or join anyone when joining/starting missions (public matchmaking). I even tried switching regions (I am on eastern) and I still cannot find anyone for alerts or missions.  If I try lower level planets I can usually find a few people working on survival or defense missions (rarely anything else).  I tried checking my network connection in game through the options and there are no problem detected. My Ping is set at 300.  I figured with the recent patch there would be a resurgence of people.

Edited by Thairos

I'm gonna throw my hat in too in this pile. I can't seem to stay in people's games and eventually I lose connection at some point, IE defense missions, as well as nobody ever joining my games. It got to the point where I tried hosting a game and I got a blank black screen with no loading bars or anything on it, but I could enter a pause menu with the only option was to exit the menu.

I just can't play any missions I want to play and normally do solo, and it's frustrating.

Put my hat in the pile.  Nobody joins after starting a mission anymore, even on missions you know people are doing.  This results in much less teaming and alot more soloing.  If I wanted to solo all the time I'd use the option to solo.

i kind found a temporary way to get past this problem, ive added people i recently play with and join their session in progress, or just constantly play void missions

Same problem here. Tested it on Sechura and a lot of boss and ds nodes aswell.

It gets pretty annoying. If you wanna do some oro cell or sensor farming on ds nodes and you only get 1 dude in your squad.

And since the timer goes on if 1 guy joins. You only have 15 secs for other random ppl to join while in lobby.

And since its a 1 week old but really gamebreaking bug.. I honestly think that DE isn't aware of that >.<

Edited by -S-O-TyresTyco