Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Quick Suggestion To Make Corpus Even More Awesome

shut

So I was playing against the Corpus a couple times, and I couldn't help but notice that all of the crewmen were shouting through their helmets at full volume. No muffling, no distortion, voices clear as day.

I really liked the old sounds, where they would make weird, robotic-sounding noises as though their helmets were garbling their speech so that outsiders wouldn't understand what they're saying. So-- can we bring back the old voices, but only for when their helmets are on? So they sound like they did before, but will start yelling at full volume in their Corpus language the moment their helmet is removed (Including mid-sentence transitions would be pretty awesome too!).

If not, then at least muffle the voices when under helmet, or at least give an audible indication that they're wearing a thick metal helmet over their faces when they speak.

Edited by SortaRandom

To speak to people that do not have a radio to speak to them through because of there helmets.

Or they can just make sure they're all equipped with radios instead of giving away their location and strategies to every enemy around them...

But you're missing the point. Talking about the necessity of Corpus crewmen being equipped with loudspeakers and such is like saying "Oh, but maybe the Tenno can compress the size and mass of Ogris rockets, or continuously retrieve them from another dimension in the midst of battle, so that's why they can have 540--".

It's pretty obvious that this is just one of those things about the game that you simply don't question. Kinda like "Why does my team have seven Snipers in TF2 when they're canonically the same character?". It's simply because design was prioritized over application to lore. Nothing more.

In this case, it's simply a case of swapping out old sound files with new ones, because a single set of sound files worked perfectly well beforehand and works perfectly well with all non-Crewmen enemies right now.

Edited by SortaRandom

Or they can just make sure they're all equipped with radios instead of giving away their location and strategies to every enemy around them...

But you're missing the point. Talking about the necessity of Corpus crewmen being equipped with loudspeakers and such is like saying "Oh, but maybe the Tenno can compress the size and mass of Ogris rockets, or continuously retrieve them from another dimension in the midst of battle, so that's why they can have 540--".

It's pretty obvious that this is just one of those things about the game that you simply don't question. Kinda like "Why does my team have seven Snipers in TF2 when they're canonically the same character?". It's simply because design was prioritized over application to lore. Nothing more.

I more came to this conclusion because it is a common thing in Sci-fi games that you have a micro speaker fitted in the helmet, it makes sense lore wise and sakes a lot of extra time the sound team would have to do in making a separate muffled sound for them.

I more came to this conclusion because it is a common thing in Sci-fi games that you have a micro speaker fitted in the helmet, it makes sense lore wise and sakes a lot of extra time the sound team would have to do in making a separate muffled sound for them.

Out of curiosity, which other sci-fi games involve helmeted people using small loudspeakers to speak with the same volume as simply not wearing the helmet?

By the way, there already is a separate "muffled" sound. The distorted talking-through-a-robotic-helmet sound that the Corpus had earlier this week would work perfectly.

Edited by SortaRandom

Out of curiosity, which other sci-fi games involve helmeted people using small loudspeakers to speak with the same volume as simply not wearing the helmet?

By the way, there already is a separate "muffled" sound. The distorted talking-through-a-robotic-helmet sound that the Corpus had earlier this week would work perfectly.

That was the old sound corpus sound which was a place holder until they could get there own dedicated language, Grineer used to use that sound file as well before they got updated.

I know of a couple Sci-Fi universes were the helmets on armour have speakers, Mass effect, Warhammer 40K and Halo are some examples of the top of my head, when you hear a slight robotic ting to someone's voice it is generally a sign that it is being spoken through an electrical device for example a radio.

That was the old sound corpus sound which was a place holder until they could get there own dedicated language

...Yes, I'm aware of that, thanks.

Grineer used to use that sound file as well before they got updated.

I joined in late U7, and Grineer using old Corpus voices is news to me. How far back are we talking?

I know of a couple Sci-Fi universes were the helmets on armour have speakers, Mass effect, Warhammer 40K and Halo are some examples of the top of my head, when you hear a slight robotic ting to someone's voice it is generally a sign that it is being spoken through an electrical device for example a radio.

There is nothing robotic about the current Corpus voices, despite the fact that they've got their helmets on and despite the fact that you say that they have speakers. No matter what you theorize, there's no getting around the fact that the new voices were simply swapped in for the old ones, and that just how "realistic" they would be was not a consideration.