Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why Does My Space Ninja Take So Long To Get Off The Floor?

Splosions

I know that we are getting bashed in the face by a solid steel plank (shield grineers) or getting thrown back by a giant punch to the floor, but if a space ninja has the proper balance training to do all the crazy acrobatics that they do, and take bullets directly to their unshielded bodies, it stands to say, they should be able to pick themselfs off the floor, a bit faster. I can't speak for everyone but if I had just been knocked down, I wouldn't casualy collect my thoughts and get back up as the person who just put me there unloads half their bullets into my back.

Perhapse a quick rebound is in order. Hit space within a few moments after being knocked down allows you to quickly recover, if the opportunity is missed, enjoy your slow crawl back to your feet.

Or maybe add a bit of stumble/knockdown immunity if you are crouching. With a more stable low gravity stance it would be much more difficult to knock a space ninja off his/her feet or even cause them to loose their balance temporarily (stumble)

Edited by Splosions

Hate the slow standing from prone position :/

I like the "hit space at time" idea, which reminds me of Soulcalibur, where something like that was used (and not only Soulcalibur).

There was also an option to make a roll directly from the ground after going down, to escape the danger as fast as possible.

fun fact

when the jackal knocks me down, if he knocks me OVER THE LEDGE AND I FALL INTO A TECHNO ABYSS

i teleport back standing up, FASTER THAN IF I GOT KNOCKED DOWN AND HAD TO GET UP ON MY OWN

there is something wrong with this picture

i vote we are given a kip-up manuver that drains stamina but allow us to get up into a standing position or allows us to roll away in a direction when getting up

this allows us to get up faster if we have the stamina (more uses for stamina is good), and makes the getting up from being knocked down a non-passive event (also good, more interaction)

another idea is some kind of a tech-roll, whereas with quick enough reactions and timing you could avoid the stun from being knocked down by "rolling" instead of hitting the ground, ie you get hit by a knockdown/back ability and if you are quick enough you can land safer (this is more along the lines of the new block feature that was implemented), i would not want this to be TOO easy however, as i dont want to eliminate the threat from enemies knocking us around

How about some kind of counter, where if done at the right moment as you're being hit you can instead be knocked back still-standing?

Edit: Durr I should read the post directly above mine :D

Edited by Qeveren

Faster standing (think jumping to the feet or rolling out directly from the fall) for stamina sounds good.

In case of fall to roll, it would be also easier to implement, because we already have this animation in game and player would activate it by holding [sHIFT], when being knocked down.

Edited by zelgaris

Tech roll. Give me a tech role.

Where a skillfully timed press of a buttonw ill allow me to roll out of a knockdown.

Some people think that is an attempt to make the game easier...

Some people think anything that can be evaded is not a problem....

well lets look at this way...lets take a page from competative fighting games where people of high skill are going at each other with wicked intent.

In competative fighting games the tech roll is very common.

In competative fighting games being stun locked or infiitely juggled is considered cheap and unfun.

I like the idea of pressing space in time to jump back up...perhaps to balance it out, our vision would be blurred from the hit/knockback for a short duration. Both ideas would be more realistic than what it is now :)

Where a skillfully timed press of a buttonw ill allow me to roll out of a knockdown.

well lets look at this way...lets take a page from competative fighting games where people of high skill are going at each other with wicked intent.

In competative fighting games being stun locked or infiitely juggled is considered cheap and unfun.

I knew the "rolling out" have a proper name, +1 for tech roll after knockout (or knockout into tech roll) - possibly stamina based to add a layer of micromanagement :)

In fighting games you are fighting against other people so it's, technically, an even match. In games where you are playing against game AI it is not so you need to have some disadvantages so they could offer some challenge.

In fighting games you are fighting against other people so it's, technically, an even match. In games where you are playing against game AI it is not so you need to have some disadvantages so they could offer some challenge.

The fact that its 1 to 4 players against dozens of Ai isnt enough of a potential advantage? lol

Look, I get what youre saying but my point is that fighting games are built around the idea of back and forth dynamic action....

that is the kind of feel we want in an action game.

being juggled in a corner isnt fun, being stun locked to death isnt fun...

Its the counterplay that makes things exciting. Thats what we need.

The fact that its 1 to 4 players against dozens of Ai isnt enough of a potential advantage? lol

Look, I get what youre saying but my point is that fighting games are built around the idea of back and forth dynamic action....

that is the kind of feel we want in an action game.

being juggled in a corner isnt fun, being stun locked to death isnt fun...

Its the counterplay that makes things exciting. Thats what we need.

When you can press one button and totally disrupt, kill, occupy all those dozens of AI... nooope.

While you do have a point Mak, I don't find getting spawned 3 shockwave moas throw me around on the floor for 10 seconds or I die a challenge, just a chance to drink some water.

The challenge comes in avoiding getting hit not after getting hit.

Mak Tzu - Art of Warframe.

The challenge comes in avoiding getting hit not after getting hit.

Mak Tzu - Art of Warframe.

So then why have HP and shields at all if you're not supposed to get hit by anything? Wouldn't the game be way better if you died in one hit?

When you can press one button and totally disrupt, kill, occupy all those dozens of AI... nooope.

Sigh..that part was a joke.

I suppose I'll speak on it seriously now.

Each individual enemy can be at a varying level of strength and then how many of the enemies is also variable.

Make no mistake, AI encounters can be made to be extremely challenging (even impossible) if the developers intend it to be.

At any rate-Of all the advantages AI can be given you havent provided any reason why the potential to stun lock is a good choice.

The question of stun lock capable or no stun lock capable is not same thing as asking if Warframe should be easy or hard.

It can be a very difficult game without stunlock or it could be a very easy game even with stun lock.

Edited by Ronyn