Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

That New Corpus Speech...

Otakuwolf

I dunno about you, but the new corpus language sounds a bit like French.

So that's why they keep running away from combat!

(Sorry, had to be done. Appologies to everyone, especially French folk.)

It's actually better than I expected it would be. 
I voted for one of the heavier sounding options but seeing the selected one in game with the airy and sterile corpus feel really give a nice sort of chime and mesh. Really does a lot to bring the Corpus vibe together. 

I liked the way they sounded before, the new one doesn't really seem cool anymore... They used to have this kind of deep sea diver sounding to them which was cute with the helmets, reminded me of Bioshock... now they are just... eh, sounds too much like star wars silliness

I'm okay with it, considering all the poll options were pretty similar anyway.

Only thing I'll really say is that they should sound more human and less robotic when you shoot their masks off.  That would be a brilliant touch of detail.

Nyaaaaaaah!!

Tenno-man!

Nyeweeeeeeeeh!!!

I dunno.

I've played a few missions.

It could be more robotic.

I'm on the fence about it really.

trust me the other ones that were more robotic made them sound none human it would have made more sense to have the moa have them it was that heavy on robot and was really not fitting this was the one that fit the most

Edited by Sasoka

I haven't even heard it yet, lol.  Corpus in Voids are supposed to have it too right?  And the options were similar, but the one that won was the better of the 4.  The others were pretty not great IMO.  Like Sasoka said, the others were SOOOO robotic.  This was the lesser of the 4 evils.  I was hoping for a more humanish voice, especially now that helmets can fly off and reveal a person.

Edited by LennoFF

It's not bad.  I'm glad that they're adding some variety. 

I thought it'd be more robotic as well, I dunno.  

"Leave no Corpus functioning" kind of gives the impression of not human.

....But they are human. You blow off their helmets and they have human faces; so why would you have them sound more robotic when they are not robots? "Leave no Corpus functioning" could be a two parter for Lotus. The Corpus use a lot of robots and functioning can still refer to a human 'Oh no, my heart is not functioning right with a bullet in it'.