Otakuwolf

Corpus speak their own language... here are some translations for you:

Attack!=Appayk!

Exterminate hostiles=Ekpetsitape koypipey

For the Corpus=Tot pke yotkuy

Assault=Ayyaupp

Warframes!=Jatttasey!

Engage battle mode=Etjaje tapppe sope

looks interesting, just one thing, from what you gave us here the letter 'y' in corpus is both 's' and 'c' in english.

Same thing with 'f' and 'r' in english but in corpus its 't'.

How does one guess what they want to say if half of their letter have double meaning in english. Hope you have a language sheet somewhere to help XD

looks interesting, just one thing, from what you gave us here the letter 'y' in corpus is both 's' and 'c' in english.

Same thing with 'f' and 'r' in english but in corpus its 't'.

How does one guess what they want to say if half of their letter have double meaning in english. Hope you have a language sheet somewhere to help XD

It's quite similar for the Tau language in Warhammer 40K. And can be common in real languages to, where one letter represents 2, or maybe 3 in English.

So, 'Yotkuy' means 'Corpus'? Hm... And I was wondering, why I heard this word more often that the others. I'd like to hear Darvo, Alad and Frohd speak in their language, just to hear some more of the speech in different voices. I'm curious about how this would sound.

Attack!=Appayk!

Assault=Ayyaupp

Warframes!=Jatttasey!

...but you left out the most important one of all:

What's the corpus word for profit?

EDIT: Considering the noted "it's just letter replacement of english" thing, that means "Profit" would be

Ktotip.

...also, that means they still speak english, just with a really bad accent.

EDIT2: So that means that we can actually translate corpus letters for what sound they make...

Edited by Llyssa

"Design council" seems like a pretty stupid idea, like something to come out of a PR department or something... Sounds like a focus group, actually -.- "Oh yes, instead of surveying/aggregating information from the players in general, guys, guys, I know, we should just pick a tiny little group and that will somehow magically reflect the wider views of everyone!"

This is an even bigger point, even if you take account the whole forums it's still not representative cos a lot of people don't really bother checking forums much :) And as we can see with the tethra's doom event thing people use multiple accounts and hacking if there's anything that comes close to a scoreboard or polls so the best way would be to pick actual ingame accounts at random by a computer to vote on a poll or something like that, and maybe also random "if you participate on a discussion on our forum also, we'll give you Xplatinum for your contribution", kind of like how some internet surveys pay people for feedback etc *shrug*

This is all way offtopic from the discussion about speech which obviously is such a minor thing, but this "design council" that was brought up, just... Really stupid idea.

(Obviously open polls are a really bad idea because it's just rick astley for #1 music act (google it) and people like 4chan/"warbros" would just alternateaccount/hack/exploit to get the result they want like with the Tethra's Doom event)

It is an exclusive group of veteran founders who mostly have been around for a VERY long time and know what they are doing through actual experience. Just saying.

So going by those translations, this is what we have for a Corpus language key so far.

A = A

B = T
C = Y
D = P
E = E
F = T
G = J
H = K
I = I
J = ?
K = K
L = P
M = S
N = T
O = O
P = K
Q = ?
R = T
S = Y
T = P
U = U
V = ?
W = J
X = ?
Y = ?
Z = ?

PETTO YKOOOOOOOS

Edited by MaceWindows

So going by those translations, this is what we have for a Corpus language key so far.

A = A

B = T
C = Y
D = P
E = E
F = T
G = J
H = K
I = I
J = ?
K = K
L = P
M = S
N = T
O = O
P = K
Q = ?
R = T
S = Y
T = P
U = U
V = ?
W = J
X = ?
Y = ?
Z = ?

PETTO YKOOOOOOOS

Good job! Corpus apparently like the letters P & T. Poor guys, what a tongue twister language.

Attack!=Appayk!

Assault=Ayyaupp

Warframes!=Jatttasey!

Did you play the "smash fist into keyboard - add vowels" game?

"Design council" seems like a pretty stupid idea, like something to come out of a PR department or something... Sounds like a focus group, actually -.- "Oh yes, instead of surveying/aggregating information from the players in general, guys, guys, I know, we should just pick a tiny little group and that will somehow magically reflect the wider views of everyone!"

This is an even bigger point, even if you take account the whole forums it's still not representative cos a lot of people don't really bother checking forums much :) And as we can see with the tethra's doom event thing people use multiple accounts and hacking if there's anything that comes close to a scoreboard or polls so the best way would be to pick actual ingame accounts at random by a computer to vote on a poll or something like that, and maybe also random "if you participate on a discussion on our forum also, we'll give you Xplatinum for your contribution", kind of like how some internet surveys pay people for feedback etc *shrug*

The effort and/or money needed to create mutliple accounts to game a design council poll makes the likelihood of it occurring minuscule. To do that they would have had to create multiple accounts and either pay for founders (can't remember what the cut off rank for DC was, but I know my rank wasn't included) or post a ton of good feedback so that their accounts got chosen for the monthly new blood inclusion. The amount of alt accounts you would need to be able to sufficiently sway a poll is ridiculous. I can say, beyond a reasonable doubt, that no one does this.

...but you left out the most important one of all:

What's the corpus word for profit?

EDIT: Considering the noted "it's just letter replacement of english" thing, that means "Profit" would be

Ktotip.

...also, that means they still speak english, just with a really bad accent.

EDIT2: So that means that we can actually translate corpus letters for what sound they make...

You got it.

A = A

B = T
C = Y
D = P
E = E
F = T
G = J
H = K
I = I
J = ?
K = K
L = P
M = S
N = T
O = O
P = K
Q = ?
R = T
S = Y
T = P
U = U
V = ?
W = J
X = ?
Y = ?
Z = ?

PETTO YKOOOOOOOS

Here's another hint: J = T.  All your others are correct.

The effort and/or money needed to create mutliple accounts to game a design council poll makes the likelihood of it occurring minuscule. To do that they would have had to create multiple accounts and either pay for founders (can't remember what the cut off rank for DC was, but I know my rank wasn't included) or post a ton of good feedback so that their accounts got chosen for the monthly new blood inclusion. The amount of alt accounts you would need to be able to sufficiently sway a poll is ridiculous. I can say, beyond a reasonable doubt, that no one does this.

For reference, it was $100+, and the "good behavior" thing was added(at the advice of the council) after they realized "so what happens if the DC stop playing?" once founders program ended. There's a bit north of 3k council members. To actually have affected any vote, a single player would be required to have spent $10k. There are generally 3+ options for a given vote, so even then, all they could really do is tip the balance slightly between the two top choices. Even if you tried to get extra votes from good behavior, it has several sub-requisites including reaching a certain in-game rank and in-game play time. So yeah, rather unrealistic.

You got it.

Here's another hint: J = T.  All your others are correct.

So, we have:

english->corpus

a->a

b->t

c->y

d->p

e->e

f->t

g->j

h->k

i->i

j->t

k->k

l->p

m->s

n->t

o->o

p->k

q

r->t

s->y

t->p

u->u

v

w->j

x->k

y

z

and conversely:

corpus->english

a->a

e->e

i->i

j->g, w

k->h, k, p, x

o->o

p->d, l, t

s->m

t->b, f, j, n, r

u->u

y->c, s

Their language, as written, does phonetic substitutions, so X merely uses the K sound, and it can be surmised the missing letters(q,v,y,z,) also use phonetic equivalents... q&k->k, y&i->i, z&s->m. V is slightly trickier, but likely uses b&v->t.

...so, next question is: If corpus is simple substitution with a disregard for speaking clarity, doesn't that mean grineer is, too? In which case, someone needs to tell me: HOW DO YOU SAY "Combat Formation: Bravo!" IN GRINEER?

So, we have:

english->corpus

a->a

b->t

c->y

d->p

e->e

f->t

g->j

h->k

i->i

j->t

k->k

l->p

m->s

n->t

o->o

p->k

q

r->t

s->y

t->p

u->u

v

w->j

x->k

y

z

and conversely:

corpus->english

a->a

e->e

i->i

j->g, w

k->h, k, p, x

o->o

p->d, l, t

s->m

t->b, f, j, n, r

u->u

y->c, s

Their language, as written, does phonetic substitutions, so X merely uses the K sound, and it can be surmised the missing letters(q,v,y,z,) also use phonetic equivalents... q&k->k, y&i->i, z&s->m. V is slightly trickier, but likely uses b&v->t.

...so, next question is: If corpus is simple substitution with a disregard for speaking clarity, doesn't that mean grineer is, too? In which case, someone needs to tell me: HOW DO YOU SAY "Combat Formation: Bravo!" IN GRINEER?

That would be very helpful for me to know the Grineer words and spellings properly, it would help my audio video logs, at least now I can have Kappa speaking Corpus :D

For reference, it was $100+, and the "good behavior" thing was added(at the advice of the council) after they realized "so what happens if the DC stop playing?" once founders program ended. There's a bit north of 3k council members. To actually have affected any vote, a single player would be required to have spent $10k. There are generally 3+ options for a given vote, so even then, all they could really do is tip the balance slightly between the two top choices. Even if you tried to get extra votes from good behavior, it has several sub-requisites including reaching a certain in-game rank and in-game play time. So yeah, rather unrealistic.

I figured as much.

So that's how the new DC members were chosen. I was always kinda confused on that subject(I'm grateful, just confused).

Hm. Corpus &*$$nyms:

book, rook, boop, nook, are all "took"

pick, kick, hick are "kiyk"

wood, wool, woot, good are "joop"

loot and tool are "poop"

..and corpus "tuyk" could be rusk, rush, bush, buck, ruck, or a dirty word.

EDIT: Roflcopter on the censoring of "kosotisy".

Edited by Llyssa

I got the sentence: It is all a matter of profit into "Ip iy app a sappet ot ktotip"

It will be pretty difficult to translate the language properly if one word can be translated to several others.

Edited by Jowain92

Hm. Corpus &*$$nyms:

book, rook, boop, nook, are all "took"

pick, kick, hick are "kiyk"

wood, wool, woot, good are "joop"

loot and tool are "poop"

..and corpus "tuyk" could be rusk, rush, bush, buck, ruck, or a dirty word.

EDIT: Roflcopter on the censoring of "kosotisy".

Yeah... I'd say (as a linguist) that this language system is heavily flawed. Imagine financial negotiations! You say 'bucks' and you partner in negotiation understands a bad word. Ouch! (I'm literally shaking with laughter right now)

Alad's prayer:

English:

May our ledgers become ocean

our margins see centauri!

In the name of profit,

I commit thee to the void!

Corpus:

Sai out pepjety teyose oyeat,
Out satjity yee yetpauti!
It pke tase ot ktotip,
I yossip pkee po pke toip!

..and of course, after you say that, you hand them a t3 key.

Edited by Llyssa