Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Stealth Viable Warframe?

Lord_Puddingshire

Question

Hey all, I'm looking for some advice on a playstyle idea I've been wanting to try.

I run an Excalibur frame at the moment and do my best creeping to pull off an awesome stealth kill at the start of a mission. However, it seems that's about the only one I can get before some chump sees it and runs for an alarm.

So my question - is there a warframe suitable to stealth gameplay? Ideally I'd like to be able to stealth my way through missions solo for maximum feel good times once I have the frame at a suitable level to pull it off. Obviously, that's not going to work on defense missions.

I'd like to be sure before I invest all of the materials and credits into a frame that may not perform as anticipated. Banshee seems geared toward it but I've never seen it in action. At level 15 I really haven't seen much more than Excaliburs with a few Volts and the rare occasion of a Loki...

18 answers to this question

Ash and Loki are warframes that are aimed more towards stealth play, with the addition of the Shade sentinel a lot of frames may be geared towards stealth. However with the way the AI is currently stealth is almost impossible to pull off. Once any enemy is alerted all of them are. Regardless of sensor activation.

Ash and Loki are warframes that are aimed more towards stealth play, with the addition of the Shade sentinel a lot of frames may be geared towards stealth. However with the way the AI is currently stealth is almost impossible to pull off. Once any enemy is alerted all of them are. Regardless of sensor activation.

Yeah what you said. It seems that to remain stealthy its probably better not to take a Sentinel with you on the mission at the moment and Ash is the Warframe that is meant for Stealth. However it is possible to get quite far unnoticed with some of the other Warframes if you take your time. Loki being a good example.

There is nothing that is good for stealth, because stealth doesn't work.

Banshee's abilities are built around it. Loki and Ash's are by-products, they are focused on combat.

Sure at the moment but in future it will be better.

Ash Warframe says: "Ash is great for players looking for a more stealthy approach to combat. Lethal abilities are complemented by powers of distraction." Which is pretty self evident. Of course the game is about shooting stuff but that doesn't mean you have to always.

Sure at the moment but in future it will be better.

Ash Warframe says: "Ash is great for players looking for a more stealthy approach to combat. Lethal abilities are complemented by powers of distraction." Which is pretty self evident. Of course the game is about shooting stuff but that doesn't mean you have to always.

Nobody cares about future stuff, they want to know what they should work toward now with how the game works now. Right now, stealth is pointless.

His description means nothing, it's just placeholder for what they want Ash to maybe become.

Shuriken is offensive, smoke screen is for quick escapes and not for stealthing because it stuns enemies and has a short duration, bladestorm is pure offense, telport takes you in front of the enemy negating its use for stealth.

I have him and he is a fast, agile fighter and by no means should be used for stealth.

Neither should Loki, though his invisibility's length makes it a bit more viable for running past guards. It should be used to kill because of its crit enhancers.

Nobody cares about future stuff, they want to know what they should work toward now with how the game works now. Right now, stealth is pointless.

His description means nothing, it's just placeholder for what they want Ash to maybe become.

Shuriken is offensive, smoke screen is for quick escapes and not for stealthing because it stuns enemies and has a short duration, bladestorm is pure offense, telport takes you in front of the enemy negating its use for stealth.

I have him and he is a fast, agile fighter and by no means should be used for stealth.

Neither should Loki, though his invisibility's length makes it a bit more viable for running past guards. It should be used to kill because of its crit enhancers.

You are missing the point. Stealth is an option but the game is designed for shooting. In the future that might change and the future is important. I was just trying to offer help while you are just being negative.

Ironically, I think that the Banshee is the best for stealth missions. Her silence is the best stealth ability because it prevents the AI from being alerted, which as some people have already said is the biggest inhibitor to being stealthy. Also, if you are discovered and you see that guy running for the control panel, you have the Sonic Boom to knock them down with. And when you really do just need to kill everyone quickly, the extra damage from Sonor is really handy.

That being said, it is difficult to acquire the Banshee in game since there isn't a reliable drop that I am aware of. So if you are willing to spend Platinum on it, it is a good choice. Otherwise, I would recommend the Loki because it's Invisibility is longer (10 seconds vs the Ashe's 7 seconds). Also, the Loki's Teleport moves the guy going to report you away from the control panel instead of just bringing you to him.

You are missing the point. Stealth is an option but the game is designed for shooting. In the future that might change and the future is important. I was just trying to offer help while you are just being negative.

I'm giving him advice to not bother. It isn't negative if it has a positive outcome, or that it is realistic.

I'm not trying to get away from the shooty shoots, I just wondered if it was possible given Banshee's silence ability - Loki was my 2nd guess with what was mentioned above with his invis and teleport. Ash I'm to understand is a bit UP at the moment and I noted his stealth is more combat escape centric than avoidance altogether.

I think Banshee may still be the best option for avoidance with Silence. From the description that is sound based so I don't know if it inhibits sight at all - still she has the wallhacks ability to deal with positioning.

If all else fails my next best bet is a melee centric powerhouse that doesn't care about enemies being alerted :P

If you are very careful and lucky, you can get through the enitre m prime missionw/out a hitch. I had stolen theartifact and was about 3-4 sections away from exfil til they found me, but my brother said he got through the whole thing without being caught. the name of the game is patience.

any warframe can do it, really. the "stealth" abilities of loki and ash seem to me to be more capable of confusing or surprising the enemy in an open firefight rather than sneaking past people.

Edited by ROSING

Ive played levels where they've been alerted, but then later the chick tells me that I havent been detected yet....is there a way to reset their alert status? Normally one guy runs towards the security terminal and thats how its all busted, but if you were ash and smokescreened, it would be pretty nasty! Plus if you had continuity (longer smoke screen) and energy siphon (regen energy), you could spam it hard! (Thats what im hoping to do)

I've managed to stealth entire missions going solo with my Loki frame using the Paris - particularly good for Extermination missions. There's something rather cool about seeing the guy running for the control panel and then pinning him to it before he activates it. Sneak attacks with melee are possible but far less reliable due to the weird pathing - the number of times a guy has just turned around unexpectedly are too many to count.

Invis can be helpful to an extent, but as others have said I mainly use it in a non-stealth capacity for getting crits in open combat.

Just don't expect to be able to do stealth in a group. Sometimes it works to take out a few enemies before the group is detected but if other people aren't built for stealth it's understandable it will go out of the window fairly quickly.

Also, stealth versus Infested doesn't really work - bring fire, lots of ammo and a high fire rate, then spray and pray.

From my personal experience, stealth in Warframe is more about shock and awe than anything else. Get in, kill everything before it hits the alarm, and get out. Loki has worked effectively, and his abilities are extremely good for causing confusion amoung your enimies if you get detected.

Nyx. MC the elite if it's the first thing that spawns. If there's a bunch, Chaos and none of them in the room will ever reach a console to alert the ship.

Bring a bow, and a decent melee weapon. One-shot/MC the infested straggler prevents the howls/screams that alert the horde.

Also, stealth versus Infested doesn't really work - bring fire, lots of ammo and a high fire rate, then spray and pray.

Awesome name, dude.

But I just want to disagree with you. All of my biggest stealth successes have been versus Infested. The reason why is that alerting one group doesn't necessarily alert the rest and they don't run to control panels to set off alarms.