Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hotfix 12.4.2

[DE]darryl1

Hotfix 12.4.2      

Fixes:

- Fixed rings on Saryn's Chlora helm not using energy color.

lol, finally. I reported this bug more than 3 months ago...

Anyway with current stats Chlora helm is bad choice for Saryn.

Edited by AntLion

Penta doesn't do any blast damage to the new traps. Must be on-impact to hurt it.

And for the Life Support issue, if you are inside the one that's incoming, and then it spawns, you'll get stuck in it until you move out.

Thx. However :

Is the bug where you can't see the rifle ammunition mutation mod when the boltor prime is equipped fixed ? (enven though you have the mod)

It is really anoying as im building the boltor prime as a firerate and multishot build so i need the mod equiped.

I've found Vaubans vortex doing absolutly nothing in Derelict Defense, works fine in other missions.

The new broken light thing is a bit ridiculous, I got one shot walking into a room as Loki, max rank with no helth/sheild mods.  A few of them were unnoticable while entering the room.

"- Fixed problems where users get stuck to Life Support capsules in Survival."

wrong! have stuck a lot of times.

also, a numerous crushes in surv-type missions. client crashed after grineer trio defeat. rays of hate to your QA department.

I can guess it is hard work to come up with creative solutions and proper balance for everything but I still need to dish out a bit of my usual whiny little comments.

Frost. As usual.

Frost was a "globe-only" frame before. That was nerfed, clearly, the spell got weak, without any balance. We can talk about armor being applied to it but the main thing is that such a huge-a*s globe will die fast either way if it has health. Yes, it was too strong before but plain "killing" it shouldn't be the answer. Not without some form of compensation.

Avalanche was that compensation to a certain extent. No it wasn't that much of a creative skill, essentially the same as Rhino's stomp with the long freezing effect. But even that was taken away in one of these patches - well it was "fixed".

From the very beginning I was crying like a little brat because too many frames were only about damage. Frost is now completely out of place. Lost all Defensive powers, all CC and his damage is weak as ever.

No, we don't need more damage skills. Actually we have too many of those already. So a very short (for me at least) sum of how I see, what you should do:

1, Give Frost proper skill-set first. (And revisit Nekros and some other frames too of course).

This means things like the frozen solid effect behaving like a stun (like now) and an incoming damage debuff (like 20% extra incoming physical damage while frozen).

- Turn Freeze into aoe. Again, that means extra incoming damage to those frozen.

- Wave of Ice into a long duration field of damaging, cold status effect applying spikes.

- Globe into something else. The original was too strong but if you only give it "health" you will never make it balanced enough. A 30s snowstorm with % chance to stop an incoming projectile and slow enemies within is enough. You can apply damage to those within if you want but I doubt it's necessary, the Wave of Ice should be there to fulfill that role if needed.

- Avalanche should be a big-a*s aoe longterm freeze.

There, you have Frost, a strong frame with much more creative skills than the over-and-over seen damage nukes.

2. Make weapons worthy of their role. Currently most weapons are weak. Actually I see a disturbing tendency (and hear about it all the time too) of new weapons being very powerful at first, then getting nerfed later. You can calculate dps rather easily so I doubt you cannot introduce the weapons with proper stats from the get-go. Yes, I know you want players to buy/fight for the new stuff but me and most people I have talked to about this agree on getting bored of this. It just feels unnecessary to get a new weapon when you know that it will be nerfed to the ground in 2 weeks.

3. Give every skill a global cooldown depending on their slot/energy cost. Many might hate me for saying this but actually I find the game boring because the only way it's worth fighting is choosing a frame with a good nuke and spamming it. That's simply way more effective than using any of the weapons. If you use energy and you are unable to use any skills for seconds equal to the cost would make you think twice what you want to use. Yes, many scenarios we face normally can only be overcome because we can spam some of our skills (like Trinity's full-party invulnerabilty). That alone makes maps hard. Why? Simple. Because DE has to make the missions hard in order to give you a challenge. This was the same reason why Frost was the ultimate defensive frame against ranged enemies. If his existence wasn't calculated into the game, the defensive missions would have been different so you can do it without him. But with him around it was like "if you want to do a long one, either bring Frost or something that can kill everything in one shot".

Anyways, such a cooldown could tip the balance towards a more tactical gameplay (we are not walking nukes, we are ninjas) - but only if the enemies and weapons are set up accordingly. If it was simply introduced, it would break the game because we would die on higher level defenses like children in an oven. Also this mechanic would create role for a new mod that affects cooldowns too.

- q86d.png -

I'm interested in how you feel about this idea but even if you disagree, please present some reasoning in case DE might actually get to read your answers. Yes, I doubt that anything would come out of this but if I don't write it down then there is not even hope so...

Edited by K_Shiro

Since the hotfix I have twice had the text on the planets disappear from the star map, and think that both occasions were after exiting the arsenal.  The only workaround i've found is to log out and in again (without quitting the client).

Since 12.4 I've also experienced issues if I leave the pc alone and the screensaver starts (which in this case is just the blank screen screensaver) including lockups of the client requiring a force close with task manager, and Windows Aero being disabled until I restart the machine. Can't recall this happening on earlier versions of update 12.

Un-nerf Frost please.

My Ember have gotn nerfed now quite a few times. one of them were needed but the other ones. not that much. The frost was buffet and at the same time Nerfed in the way that hes globe can now be destroyed and is smaller but hes ice shot thingy now has a faster travel time. personlay i have never played with frost but i can feel the pain inside you loosing a great ability like that.

3. Give every skill a global cooldown depending on their slot/energy cost. Many might hate me for saying this but actually I find the game boring because the only way it's worth fighting is choosing a frame with a good nuke and spamming it. That's simply way more effective than using any of the weapons. If you use energy and you are unable to use any skills for seconds equal to the cost would make you think twice what you want to use. Yes, many scenarios we face normally can only be overcome because we can spam some of our skills (like Trinity's full-party invulnerabilty). That alone makes maps hard. Why? Simple. Because DE has to make the missions hard in order to give you a challenge. This was the same reason why Frost was the ultimate defensive frame against ranged enemies. If his existence wasn't calculated into the game, the defensive missions would have been different so you can do it without him. But with him around it was like "if you want to do a long one, either bring Frost or something that can kill everything in one shot".

Anyways, such a cooldown could tip the balance towards a more tactical gameplay (we are not walking nukes, we are ninjas) - but only if the enemies and weapons are set up accordingly. If it was simply introduced, it would break the game because we would die on higher level defenses like children in an oven. Also this mechanic would create role for a new mod that affects cooldowns too.

Could you please give me an example of global cooldown used like this way in any game ? all the games that come up to my mind with global cooldown use it more as bug-preventing-feature rather than bringing new aspect to the game