Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hotfix 12.4.2

[DE]darryl1

and seriously guys, please bring "patch notes" section to the site and write all the updates there ... I was looking for 2+ hours until I found where the event changes are stated in the forum .... seriously whenever you release a patch, you gotta bring all the patch notes at one place ....

- Fixed problems where users get stuck to Life Support capsules in Survival.

Just got done playing survival and got stuck after using the life support pod in survival.  Not sure what other info you may need but i will also post on the bug forum too.  Thanks for the hotfix update tho!

Hotfix 12.4.2      

Fixes:

- Fixed Zephyr’s Tornado and Vauban’s Vortex being able to ragdoll harder enemies (Mini-bosses like Stalker, etc). The Tornado will still deal DOT, but it won’t ragdoll. It is now consistent with other ragdoll-esque powers.

- Fixed some life support capsule pacing issues, the first 2-3 capsule spawns weren't being disabled after use and capsules were able to spawn in rooms other than intermediates and the boss room branch.

- Fixed Dual Kama Whooshes!

- Fixed ‘Rank 30 Furax’ bug appearing if using Hysteria and Valkyr.

- Fixed rings on Saryn's Chlora helm not using energy color.

- Fixed Shipyard Grineer-robot-environment arms not moving for clients.

- Fixed Crashes related to loading levels  or shutting down game.

sry to say that, but this bug:

is not fixed... happend 3 times to me today on Venus/EGate.

i really enjoyed survival, but now It's no fun anymore   :((

Edited by Gebuesch

Hotfix 12.4.2      

Fixes:

- Fixed Zephyr’s Tornado and Vauban’s Vortex being able to ragdoll harder enemies (Mini-bosses like Stalker, etc). The Tornado will still deal DOT, but it won’t ragdoll. It is now consistent with other ragdoll-esque powers.

Dear DE: 

Can you check out Vauban's Vortex? It doesn't function well in defense missions. It's not attracting any enemies(not even light ones) especially when placed nearby the cryo pod or artifact.

Even when it does, the range is very very small.

(I placed one Vortex near by the artifact, and it's not attracting any enemies.)

1707ab61b43c5a480424248c3cdab6b7.JPG

However, it seems to work fine in other missions.

Any way, thanks for the rest of the hotfix. :)

Edited by yles9056

Hotfix 12.4.2      

Fixes:

- Fixed some life support capsule pacing issues, the first 2-3 capsule spawns weren't being disabled after use and capsules were able to spawn in rooms other than intermediates and the boss room branch.

- Fixed Dual Kama Whooshes!

- Fixed ‘Rank 30 Furax’ bug appearing if using Hysteria and Valkyr.

- Fixed rings on Saryn's Chlora helm not using energy color.

- Fixed Shipyard Grineer-robot-environment arms not moving for clients.

- Fixed Crashes related to loading levels  or shutting down game.

No you didn't

Not sure if this is mentioned, but vauban's vortex now does next to nothing in Orokin Derelict Defence. Wich is where Vauban sadly primarily is used. It has a rare chance of ragdolling one or two enemies at the same time, no matter power strength and power range. It seems like every enemy is now classified as "Harder enemies, like mini-bosses etc.".  My feels are getting hurt by the anit-ragdoll vortexes. Is this something that will get a fix asap, or is it supposed to stay for the time being?

Could you please give me an example of global cooldown used like this way in any game ? all the games that come up to my mind with global cooldown use it more as bug-preventing-feature rather than bringing new aspect to the game

Actually I don't know about any games that use it as a bug-preventing feature. Most of them use it so you have to take it into consideration and plan ahead instead of just bombing away.

By the way, so you see my logic, apart from the obvious tactical changes, I don't like the games using per-skill cooldowns. It's illogical. How is it possible that the mage who just used a fireball and cannot cast another can cast some other spell instead? It's completely nuts. Does he have some kind of fire-pack under his cloak that has to regenerate? Then he is no mage, he is only using some magic item.

As far as the Warframe Lore goes, these abilities that we have are ours, the frames just enhance them. So these should behave like "spells", not like separate electric guns where you can use another while the first one recharges.

HEY! tone down on the enemy count in the TETHRA'S DOOM EVENT its too CRAZY.

were playing warframe not suicide war from the movie 300!

That is what you get from doing the Nightmare mode. Regular mode for regular event completion is still untouched. Want that second badge so badly in nightmare mode? Well, try harder! :D For me, the second event badge with 1000 points is unreachable, because strict NAT prevents me from forming or joining key lobby groups, and I am currently unable to beat the nightmare mission in solo mode. But oh well, I don't mind it. I am still getting the 3 original rewards, and I'm good with that.

As far as the Warframe Lore goes, these abilities that we have are ours, the frames just enhance them. So these should behave like "spells", not like separate electric guns where you can use another while the first one recharges.

Aren't you contradicting your own statement? Wasn't it you who said;

3. Give every skill a global cooldown depending on their slot/energy cost. If you use energy and you are unable to use any skills for seconds equal to the cost would make you think twice what you want to use.

There is no reason why we should not be able to cast whatever skill we want. The only limitation is our "energy" ( stamina / constitution / willpower / take your pick). As long as we are not exhausted, we keep going. There can be as many arguments made pro-cooldown as well as contra-cooldown, but I am pretty sure that would be better discussed in a different topic. If you already have one open, or have seen one, toss me a line please.

Aren't you contradicting your own statement? Wasn't it you who said;

There is no reason why we should not be able to cast whatever skill we want. The only limitation is our "energy" ( stamina / constitution / willpower / take your pick). As long as we are not exhausted, we keep going. There can be as many arguments made pro-cooldown as well as contra-cooldown, but I am pretty sure that would be better discussed in a different topic. If you already have one open, or have seen one, toss me a line please.

Energy is the resource from which you build the effects. Channeling/concentrating/guiding that energy causes exhaustion. Somewhat like the stamina we already have in-game but since that is clearly physical (running, jumping), these cooldowns could symbolize a mental exhaustion instead.

Eg. a mage having enough mana stored but had channeled so much magical energy that his body/brain needs some time to "cool off"... or with another example it's like having the ammo but not being able to raise your gun, because your arm is too tired or the gun is overheated. In our case it's like you are shooting 4 different ammo from the same gun, each heating it up in a different way. Ultimates are the biggest offenders of course - like using oversized ammo (or too much gunpowder) for a gun - (maybe) works in moderation but dangerous to do it constantly.

For an explanation I think that suffices but the main point is not that but that it would make the spells/skills/abilities harder to cast. This way you would have to think ahead and decide what to use - because if you use the ultimate and then get into a sticky situation you might die because you carelessly exhausted yourself and cannot use anything. Or you can play it safe and use the small one which might not be enough but you can trigger it again soon - or even use the ultimate when the global CD is off but this way it might take longer etc.

A much deeper and challenging gameplay - where it would be much rarer to see someone simply spamming 4... only if we could get rid of the mania to simply stand in the middle of the corridor and shoot like one with a deathwish... well, strong enemies, properly strengthened weapons and a proper AI accuracy system could solve this actually.

Edited by K_Shiro

Energy is the resource from which you build the effects. Channeling/concentrating/guiding that energy causes exhaustion. Somewhat like the stamina we already have in-game but since that is clearly physical (running, jumping), these cooldowns could symbolize a mental exhaustion instead.

Well, we do know how virtually nonexisting the limitation of "no stamina" is. But I know, I know, that wasn't fair. I'm sorry.

Energy serves both. If you are out of energy, you are also out of mental oomph to focus further. *insert other circling arguments here, because this is not really going anywhere in the end because justifying a soft-sci-fi gameplay is not the best idea to do in the topic for a hotfix...*

Eg. a mage having enough mana stored but had channeled so much magical energy that his body/brain needs some time to "cool off"...

-snip-

I'm going to give you a two-fold answer here;

First, this isn't an RPG. And coming from me, being someone who plays all sorts of proper pen&paper roleplaying games since almost two decades now, this should not be an insult. The things you mention completely make sense in the complex world of an RPG, but on the other hand they do impede the feel you are getting for playing what you are. We are Tenno. Tenno are inhuman. They are not just people fancying some supernatural abilities. We have been literally created for the sole purpose to fight. And this is where my second part comes in;

Look at people who completely dedicate themselves to a cause, and thrive under the very best circumstances. These go beyond standard physical feats. To pick up the RPG aspect again; there are Mages and "Mages." There is a difference in learning magic on a cultivated level in a university by studying and applying it safe and comfy... or being a caster of wild magic, as feral and untamed as you are. In this line there fall the true combat mages, who are as physically fit as they are unbelievable forces to be reckoned with. They cast with their blood and soul if desired, even if the very last spell consumes them totally, leaving behind a burned shell. I would absolutely shelve the Tenno in this said category. Forged Warriors. This would make me seriously feel my ability to play the game fluidly would be impeded by arbitrary cooldowns.

For an explanation I think that suffices but the main point is not that but that it would make the spells/skills/abilities harder to cast. This way you would have to think ahead and decide what to use.

A much deeper and challenging gameplay - where it would be much rarer to see someone simply spamming 4...

I'd like to point out a very fitting quote here; "the limitless possibilities are narrowed down by our perception and personal preference."

I don't do or encounter spamming 4 much. To be fair, I hardly use the 4 on my Warframes. I like to think of the powers of "using them when S#&$ hits the fan", so I already put myself in the mindset that you described. With the difference, that I am not FORCED by the game to do this, but it is something I do of my own choosing.

If people want to spam their 4 at an artifact swarmed by Infested? I say, let them, if they get the kicks out of it. We are inhuman after all. Also, it requires the correct loadout and Warframe and situation to "spam 4" and get away with it. I don't see the problem of lacking challenge in the Skill system. I would absolutely loathe yet another game which puts me on arbitrary cooldowns ON TOP of a resource that I have to spend anyway. If they were cooldowns only without energy? I could live with that. Not saying I would like it though.

Well, we do know how virtually nonexisting the limitation of "no stamina" is. But I know, I know, that wasn't fair. I'm sorry.

Energy serves both. If you are out of energy, you are also out of mental oomph to focus further. *insert other circling arguments here, because this is not really going anywhere in the end because justifying a soft-sci-fi gameplay is not the best idea to do in the topic for a hotfix...*

Still better than seeing all those "Thanks" :D By the way I'm not completely sure what you mean by "the nonexisting limitation of no stamina". Maybe the system already in-game but I have already pointed out that it's not fit to be relevant for this being the "physical" kind.

I'm going to give you a two-fold answer here;

First, this isn't an RPG. And coming from me, being someone who plays all sorts of proper pen&paper roleplaying games since almost two decades now, this should not be an insult. The things you mention completely make sense in the complex world of an RPG, but on the other hand they do impede the feel you are getting for playing what you are. We are Tenno. Tenno are inhuman. They are not just people fancying some supernatural abilities. We have been literally created for the sole purpose to fight. And this is where my second part comes in;

Indeed, we obviously look at things differently. First of all, going by the definition of current computer gaming genres, this is an RPG. Yes, a shallow one at that but leveling up, gaining skills are already RPG elements.

I'm a "mage" type through and through, and played RPGs (no, not computer ones) for most of my life - always dwelling deep within the concept of magic or whatever ability you can think of. In the end it all came down to either being too simplistic, like simply dishing out spells like crazy or too complex to be enjoyable especially if translated into a computer game.

As for "created", read the Lore in Codex/Warframe/Excalibur. Tenno are not created, they are afflicted, who got their powers from the Void, and then got their armor/warframes to amplify those powers. Also being Tenno or inhuman doesn't mean you can just continously force reality to do your bidding - you are no god, you should get tired of it in time.

Look at people who completely dedicate themselves to a cause, and thrive under the very best circumstances. These go beyond standard physical feats. To pick up the RPG aspect again; there are Mages and "Mages." There is a difference in learning magic on a cultivated level in a university by studying and applying it safe and comfy... or being a caster of wild magic, as feral and untamed as you are. In this line there fall the true combat mages, who are as physically fit as they are unbelievable forces to be reckoned with. They cast with their blood and soul if desired, even if the very last spell consumes them totally, leaving behind a burned shell. I would absolutely shelve the Tenno in this said category. Forged Warriors. This would make me seriously feel my ability to play the game fluidly would be impeded by arbitrary cooldowns.

As mentioned before, even those people get tired. For example, as you have said, they have all the "energy" or "mana" they need since some of them are capable of even using their very blood and soul (or of others by the way) to conjure up those effect they want but at some point their bodies just crack under the pressure. There is no such in this mortal/physical world as unlimited power. Most likely neither in any other.

Of course these theories are just that, theories. I'm greatly fond of logic and thus always go to great extents to build these up in a logical manner so they are supported by obvious laws of physics even if it's about magic. In fact in my world view, magic is completely acceptable - after all, how would you deny the existence of something? By saying it's not there? Prove it. You can't, your ways to do so are very limited.

But this is a computer game and this stuff is nothing more than a simple logic/lore to support the game mechanic which I only want to introduce to solve a game-design problem, namely the ability-spamming.

I'd like to point out a very fitting quote here; "the limitless possibilities are narrowed down by our perception and personal preference."

I don't do or encounter spamming 4 much. To be fair, I hardly use the 4 on my Warframes. I like to think of the powers of "using them when S#&$ hits the fan", so I already put myself in the mindset that you described. With the difference, that I am not FORCED by the game to do this, but it is something I do of my own choosing.

If people want to spam their 4 at an artifact swarmed by Infested? I say, let them, if they get the kicks out of it. We are inhuman after all. Also, it requires the correct loadout and Warframe and situation to "spam 4" and get away with it. I don't see the problem of lacking challenge in the Skill system. I would absolutely loathe yet another game which puts me on arbitrary cooldowns ON TOP of a resource that I have to spend anyway. If they were cooldowns only without energy? I could live with that. Not saying I would like it though.

Well, I don't say I don't like the "cooldown without energy" idea. It feels more logical. But that's that. By the way, we already have cooldowns, the infamous "Power in use" is a CD mechanic.

We wouldn't need global cooldown at all, as you said, Energy is already there and though I don't agree with your view on "magic", debating on a rather biased topic and accepting a working mechanic in a game are 2 different things. I agree, Energy should be enough - but it is not. If Energy was valuable, scarce as it was before (when I started, it was unthinkable to put down 10 globes in rapid succession... or that those 10 globes would mean literally nothing but that's another thing :) things would be different. Right now it's too damn easy to fill. Disruptors make your energy somewhat more valuable but those enemies are rare - and I hate them so much that I would really like them to disappear altogether. Not because they take my energy but because I cannot defend against it. Just like the shockwave heavies produce - feels weird to be knocked down midair...

Anyways, spamming of certain skills is only one link of the chain, and I'm only attacking that one because that would be the easiest to change with the least possible effort on DE's side - easier than rebalancing all weapons, resistances and individual abilities, that's for sure.

Okay, let me summarize what I originally have problem with and how it's built up:

Weapon strength ->compared to-> how easily a strong ability can be spammed ->because that's possible-> enemy health goes up.

So in a more understandable manner:

- Since our weapons deal way (WAY) lower damage than the mostly used/spammed abilities, people tend to go for these instead of the weapons.

- DE sadly does not balance weapons, they usually get nerfed soon after being introduced (guess when most people already bought it).

- Because those abilities are there, players can deal great damage even if the weapons are weak, thus DE looks at statistics and sees that enemies need to be more "challenging" and they get higher health and resistances.

- This means the weakness of weapons becomes even more protruding.

- The gameplay suffers a rather serious linearity and limitation where you can easily see which path you should take to be the most effective. In games it's always better to allow for the player's creativity and imagination to soar through the sky. When it's obvious that you need XY frame and ability for a certain high-level mission, the game is no longer more complex than a simple pong. That might be actually deeper at that point.

So of all the possibilities, simply setting enemy health lower and introducing a global CD was the easiest way out I've percieved. Yes, not a perfect solution - but takes less resources and time to implement than most of the others that could reach a similar effect.

*grabs his patented quote-reply style*

>> Still better than seeing all those "Thanks" :D By the way I'm not completely sure what you mean by "the nonexisting limitation of no stamina". Maybe the system already in-game but I have already pointed out that it's not fit to be relevant for this being the "physical" kind.

I dunno, if people want to thank DE for what they do, and think they deserve the thanks, then why not? I gave my own fair share of thanks to them.

But in regards to stamina; The only two things that happen when you are out of stamina is: you are descending while wallrunning and you lose the ability to block. You can execute everything else which requires stamina, even if you are dry. Wallup, slide attack, jump attack, name your pick.

>> Indeed, we obviously look at things differently. First of all, going by the definition of current computer gaming genres, this is an RPG. Yes, a shallow one at that but leveling up, gaining skills are already RPG elements.

Definitions are like trends and opinions. Everyone has one, and they are bound to change, yet their only success lies in the acceptance of others. For me, Warframe is thus no RPG. It has character-development elements, but it simply isn't based on one. Levelling up and gaining skills is by no way shape or form a defining factor for an RPG.

>> As for "created", read the Lore in Codex/Warframe/Excalibur. Tenno are not created, they are afflicted, who got their powers from the Void, and then got their armor/warframes to amplify those powers.

I have read the codex entry, which is exactly where I base my opinion off. Tenno ARE created. Whatever they were previously, it ceased to exist as they were plunged into the void, because those that came back were forever changed. This cause of effect created the Tenno. We do not know if they were warriors before, we do not know if there was a selective process or if the Orokin simply tossed as many as they were willing to sacrifice into the Void. For all that matters, they might even have used different races, and then forced them into obedience by the Warframes they cast around them. Which furthermore enforces my "create" statement, as the Warframes surrounding them are primarily there to channel their power, but perhaps also to keep them contained.

>> Also being Tenno or inhuman doesn't mean you can just continously force reality to do your bidding - you are no god, you should get tired of it in time.

Exactly. That is why we have an energy pool limitation. Again, this is no RPG. We do not know what kind of recuperation the Tenno require if they are off mission. We do not know if and how much the Tenno need rest, we do not know how much of their power is pulled through trans-dimensional connections to the Void itself. There is the line between playability and realism which always has to be drawn in action-oriented games. And while I am a roleplayer through and through, and do think a lot about the Lore and about how this transitions best, I still acknowledge the fact that the game has to come first. If this was a fully fledged RPG, I'd have a LOT more strong opinions and loud voices.

>> As mentioned before, even those people get tired.

As I mentioned above, we do not know about the resting states of a Tenno. I bet you don't play missions in Warframe 24/7 either, right?

>> There is no such in this mortal/physical world as unlimited power. Most likely neither in any other.

This is true, but you also don't NEED unlimited power. There are enough references in fiction of tapping into other reservoirs of power, storage or sensual impression with items (or spells) which link them to these places. Which again, supports my point about the connection to the Void. Quantum states if you want it to keep less magic.

>> I'm greatly fond of logic and thus always go to great extents to build these up in a logical manner so they are supported by obvious laws of physics even if it's about magic.

I run on the same level as that. Many wise men of old said "Magic is science we have not understood yet." So I hope you don't take me for someone who just argues for arguing sake with you, but rather enjoy a healthy discussion.

>> But this is a computer game and this stuff is nothing more than a simple logic/lore to support the game mechanic which I only want to introduce to solve a game-design problem, namely the ability-spamming.

I still don't think the ability spamming is the problem. It rather is the weapon "power creep" as well as the scaling mechanisms. The way you picture it, people do nothing but spam their abilities. I experience the opposite. Abilities are used as oh-S#&$ situations and as situational controlling / supporting mechanism. These are two different experiences from two different points of view, and neither is invalid. As usual, it is at least as important what we do NOT see and experience.

>> Well, I don't say I don't like the "cooldown without energy" idea. It feels more logical. But that's that. By the way, we already have cooldowns, the infamous "Power in use" is a CD mechanic.

Because of the short aftercooldown and because certain powers are not allowed to run twice at the same time. Like you cannot refresh Ash's Smoke Screen. And that is a good thing. But the reason why I don't like a cooldown based only system is very easy; It is simply again a preventive method of you not being able to do what you could normally. Where is the difference in casting 1 skill, wait 15 seconds and then cast it again when I could cast it twice in rapid succession when I need it, as long as I have the required energy/stamina/concentration/whatever to do so? Look at Guild Wars 2. The cooldown only mechanic felt fresh at the start, and it felt like it gave you meaning to what your actions are. But one soon realizes that it makes even less sense than an energy based method. Guild Wars 1 hat both. Cooldowns AND energy cost.

But let me give you a different example of how I would be okay with a cooldown+energy system:

You can spam your ability as long as you have energy. If you run out of energy, the skill is put on a cooldown. This is a blend between "I have more energy than I need" and "If I cast it, I need to replenish." Whatcha think?

>> If Energy was valuable, scarce as it was before (when I started, it was unthinkable to put down 10 globes in rapid succession... or that those 10 globes would mean literally nothing but that's another thing :) things would be different. Right now it's too damn easy to fill.

You have successfully proven my point above. The spam-ability of skills is not a problem of the SKILLS but of the readily available drops of energy globes. If those are reduced, we automatically learn to treasure our skills more. The reason why I mentioned

>> Disruptors make your energy somewhat more valuable but those enemies are rare - and I hate them so much that I would really like them to disappear altogether. Not because they take my energy but because I cannot defend against it.

I agree to the point that disruptors should only take a part of your energy with each hit. And then again, there is always Rhino who ignores even that *sighs sadly*

>> Anyways, spamming of certain skills is only one link of the chain, and I'm only attacking that one because that would be the easiest to change with the least possible effort on DE's side

I'm in agreement here as well, just wasn't agreeing with how you originally proposed it. I'm curious what you think of this new input you got from me here.

I leave the rest of your previous post open now, because I have lots of disagreement here, and I don't want to bloat this post any further. not only have I also encountered the absolute opposite of what you were experiencing, but it also comes down to the simple fact that we have: 3 weapons at our disposal and a lot of ammo. You can't use abilities without energy. And you cannot grab those energy spheres if they are way inside the enemy lines, waiting for you to get close in order to rip you up and CC you with all kinds of knockbacks.

>> So of all the possibilities, simply setting enemy health lower and introducing a global CD was the easiest way out I've percieved. Yes, not a perfect solution - but takes less resources and time to implement than most of the others that could reach a similar effect.

The easiest fix must not be the best, and I prefer proper fixes over bandaids. The problem is that everything they do to the game on this level, is going to AFFECT the entire game. And this would punish new and intermediate players even more so. And I honestly believe that is as well as part of your perception; you only see the high end, and not the low end any more.

FU** YEAAAAAAH !! I just go away one month and what do i get when i come back ? My second favorite Frame (Frost Prime) is now completely useless !! Thx for nerfing the only valubale skill it ever has : ice globe !! Yeah this is the only useful skill on this frame for those reasons :

Skill 1 : Freeze touching : useful but only at short range, and even we often don't have the time to aim.

Skill 2 : Ice Wave : total useless on high tier levels now this sh** damage system is here.

Skill 3 : Ice Globe : very useful to protect allies, but totally useless now it disappears after taking a lot of damages.

Skill 4 : Ice crushing : have to do it 2 or 3 times to kill high levels mobs, great.

Thx DEs for all the stupid ideas u can have, that helps a lot. Soon even CoD will be more interesting. Oh and btw, thx for nerfing frames some people really really hard work to have. Thx a LOT.

FU** YEAAAAAAH !! I just go away one month and what do i get when i come back ? My second favorite Frame (Frost Prime) is now completely useless !! Thx for nerfing the only valubale skill it ever has : ice globe !! Yeah this is the only useful skill on this frame for those reasons :

Skill 1 : Freeze touching : useful but only at short range, and even we often don't have the time to aim.

Skill 2 : Ice Wave : total useless on high tier levels now this sh** damage system is here.

Skill 3 : Ice Globe : very useful to protect allies, but totally useless now it disappears after taking a lot of damages.

Skill 4 : Ice crushing : have to do it 2 or 3 times to kill high levels mobs, great.

Thx DEs for all the stupid ideas u can have, that helps a lot. Soon even CoD will be more interesting. Oh and btw, thx for nerfing frames some people really really hard work to have. Thx a LOT.

O.o  spoiled much?   

soo.. can't kill things in one hit anymore.   Globe doesn't give you an everlasting bubble of "you can't touch this"   

Really...  Saw this change happening from day one.   Though they are still working on frosts skills, especially globe.   And will most people have adapted to the changes.   Globe is still useful, but its no longer the safety net that lets people tank defense up to waves 100+ anymore.   

Hotfix 12.4.2      

Fixes:

Played survival when patch 12.4.3 was made, and after activating a capsule couldn't move, only jump & roll. After rolling to another capsule & activating it, could move again.