Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Orokin Derelict Bug?

AkunoAyanokoji

I just bumped into this problem again - had it happen several days ago, and thought I'd give vault runs another shot in case it was an isolated problem.

It doesn't look like an isolated problem :(

In this run (still in-mission as I post this), I didn't open any of the lockers inside the vault. I used the key, waited for the lotus dialogue to finish, and then stepped inside. Just to test, I stepped back out and then in again before claiming the artifact. I'm not really sure exactly when the problem happened, but I'll try waiting it out to see if I have any luck :\

edit: Nothing. Warframe crashed on me when I tried to ALT+TAB to desktop from the menu while in-mission, so I guess I won't know if waiting would have fixed it.

I was able to pop enemies outside the "door" with puncture, but the invisible wall completely hid me from their notice. People have reported being able to switch teleport out of the vault after being stuck; has anyone had any success with that?

In my case, the first time, I had already killed all the infested. So there weren't any enemies to kill, but, I was able to throw my glaive through the door, and only if I was standing right next to it, and somewhere in the middle of it. If I wasn't standing next to it, my glaive just acted as if it hit a wall/door/etc

I'm going to guess that there was still an invisible wall preventing you from exiting/entering the vault, but can you please confirm?

I made a post earlier today reporting a few things. Among those things was this issue.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/198018-little-list-of-minor-bugs/#entry2301643

I will copy paste here that segment:

10.-  I have a few problems testing this one out. Here is what I have found so far. The vaults of the Derelict can and will be opened when a player puts the right key, however, from time to time the vault will put some invisible wall even if it is open. I have managed to get this happening when the player taking the corrupted mod is not the same one that opens the vault. From time to time, if we keep banging our heads agaisnt the invisible wall, we can phase through it, but the reason for this is not clear.Dying removes the wall for the player that died. Players stuck inside seem to have invulnerability to corrupted fire?

Spoiler 

Here are a couple guesses:

- The game behaves strangely when there is a player with 2 debuffs (the key they are carrying plus the corrupted they took)

- The player that opened the vault is not the same that takes the mod, causing the behavior

Note: I got a short video and the ee.log of one of these occasions. While I can put the video on youtube, I have no idea what to do with the ee.log... As a matter of fact, I found 2 different ee.log and saved both just in case.

//====

Edit:  However. This post actually makes me wonder a few other things, since I have never found this problem while solo, so my guesses seem to have a few holes with this new info.

Edited by HellEnforcer

After the so called update that's supposed to have fixed the derelict vault trap, went in luckily had the the correct key, went in got the artifact, and GUESS WHAT !!!!!

got stuck inside again.

they fixed it with the udate ( hotfix ) , but i wonder if they tried it out before saying that  .... It's fixed

The work-around I've found to this is setting up a Nova wormhole that goes outside the vault before you take the artifact (double check that it goes outside, because I know I've hit the borders of the door before) and you should be able to take the wormhole out. I've found it doesn't reset or destroy the wormhole, even when it blocks you from the outside. Switch-teleporting didn't seem to be fast enough, and a stable wormhole stayed up for me. I know they're working on a fix, but if you want to vault hunt solo in the meantime, I strongly suggest Wormhole Nova.

Edit: Also, death and mashing my head into the wall have not reset it for me. It is a solid wall that I've stuck penta grenades into, so my corpse wouldn't get through either when I tried that.

Edited by pogowitwiz

To some of the above that claim that it happens when this or that player enters the vault. 

I've seen :

- keyholder enters the vault, pick up the artifact, gets out

- keyholder enters the vault, pick up the artifact, gets stuck

- keyholder opens the vault, another one enters, gets out

- keyholder opens the vault, another one enters, gets stuck

I've also seen multiple people entering the vault and only some of them being able to get out before the invisible door shuts again.

So it doesn't seem to be related to who enters or who opens the vault with or without the right key.

The best workaround I have found is to always go with a full party and only ONE must enter the vault (the keyholder himself or any other hothead in your team you want to stop from running around the map).

Happened to me as well just now, got stuck in the vault, me and the player who opened the vault entered, and only he was able to exit. I'm the host, but not the one who opened the vault (as I earlier mentioned) nor the one who picked up the artifact. The artifact carrier left the vault right before I (fruitlessly) tried to.

You should rename the vaults "thunderdomes" to befit the fate of two men enter, one man leaves.

Edit:

I'm pretty sure this isn't supposed to be here?

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4888695/2014-03-20_00028.jpg

Edited by Nirrti