Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Altering The Mod System

Trenggiling

Hi thanks for reading!

If you are the kind of person who is intimidated by long bodies of text then I recommend focusing on each of the 9 points one at a time.

It really isn't as long as it looks, and there are pictures latter so bear with me.                                                            

As we all know, Warframe's mod system has a couple of problems.

1: We have a massive list of mods that would be fun to use, but are totally outclassed by other, more important mods.

I think that we can solve this problem by dividing all mods into three different categories, combat mods, utility mods, and power mods.

Weapons would have mods in combat, and utility, sentinels would get combat, and power mods, and warframes would have mods in all three!

Each category for a piece of equipment would get its own set of slots, and points to spend.

2: Things need to work slightly differently for the varies categories, for reasons of functionality.

The combat category has 8 slots, and it is the only category that gets bonuses for having a reactor/catalyst installed.

The utility category has 6 slots.

The power category has 4 slots, you can't use forma on it, all mods placed in it are unaffected by mod polarities, and the costs for warframe powers in their respective tiers are readjusted to have costs of 0/1/2/3, 3/4/5/6, 6/7/8/9, and 9/10/11/12, bringing the total cost of equiping all max level powers to 30.

3: If you ask me the auras in general are in a rather weird place right now.

So my solution is to make it that an aura no longer gives, or takes mod points, the extra points you get for utility, and powers should compensate for that.

Also the auras should all have the same polarity, this will help give people more options, rather than backing them into a corner where most people would just get a dash polarity so that they can use energy siphon and be done with it.

4: Melee stance mods would function similarly to auras.

They no longer give, or take mod points, they all have the same polarity, and they get their own special slot.

5: Alternate helmets are in a sorry state.
And the switch to arcane helmets did not solve the problem, it just shoved it onto a smaller minority.

What is the problem with arcane helmets you might ask?
Well many people are unable to get them because they are no longer available, and even if you do have one then you can easily get stuck in a position where you must sacrifice aesthetic preference for the stats you want, or vice versa.

What I am trying to do here is get rid of the arcane helmets by reintroducing them as warframe essences that are equipped like mods, but don't level up or cost points!
And they get there own slot of course!

Click Here for more details

6: The ability to rescale mods that you have already leveled is something that warframe desperately needs.

This ability will allow for more fluid modding and will help people level the growing number of rank ten mods, by eliminating the penalties for leveling mods, and allowing you to use the leftover mods for big projects like equilibrium, hornet strike, steel fiber, extra.

7: I think that you should be able to swap the polaritys on any item even if you haven't used a forma on it yet.

By the way, swapping will be restricted to categories, so if you have a D polarity on your combat tab you will be unable to swap it to your utility tab.

8: Currently sentinels have interchangeable weapons, but not interchangeable fighting styles, and to be perfectly honest the fighting styles we have right now are almost all carbon copies of each other!

So my solution is to replace all of the fighting styles we have right now with a new set of more complex fighting styles!

Upon building a sentinel you would get a very basic "attack whatever you want" style, as well as a more specialized fighting style like "don't attack unless they attack first" that sort of thing.

And the range could easily be adjusted for any weapon by simply scaling the mod's level up or down!

Once again this shouldn't cost mod points, and should get its own special slot.

9: Warframe skill arrangement is needed if we ever want to have more than 4 skills per warframe to choose from.

So I think that the location of the skill's mod should effect its position on your hot bar.

Here are some examples of what I mean.

===Pictures===

===Warframe Example===29nezkp.pngajowsx.pngfm6m3k.png

===Skill Modding Example===

If you mod yourself like this.5w9etw.png

Then your skills will be arranged like this.

2yxf9rk.png

But if you mod yourself like this.4i0cw4.pngThe your skills will be arranged like this.

212ixkh.png

===Weapon Example===2d6ledz.pngajotic.png

===Sentinel Example===flvllh.jpg2vxhks3.jpg

Combat mod list.

===Warframe Combat===

Blind Rage
Constitution
Continuity
Fast Deflection
Fleeting Expertise
Flow
Focus
Fortitude
Marathon
Narrow Minded
Natural Talent
Overextended
Quick Rest
Quick Thinking
Rage
Redirection
Steel Fiber
Streamline
Stretch
Vigor
Vitality

===Rifle Combat===
Bane of Corpus
Bane of Grineer
Bane of Infested
Charged Chamber
Critical Delay
Cryo Rounds
Hammer Shot
Heavy Caliber
Hellfire
Infected Clip
Piercing Hit
Point Strike
Primed Chamber
Rupture
Sawtooth Clip
Serration
Shred
Speed Trigger
Split Chamber
Stormbringer
Thunderbolt
Vital Sense
Wildfire

===Shotgun Combat===
Accelerated Blast
Blaze
Blunderbuss
Charged Shell
Chilling Grasp
Cleanse Corpus
Cleanse Grineer
Cleanse Infested
Contagious Spread
Disruptor
Flechette
Hell's Chamber
Incendiary Coat
Point Blank
Ravage
Shotgun Spazz
Shredder
Vicious Spread

===Pistol Combat===
Barrel Diffusion
Concussion Rounds
Convulsion
Deep Freeze
Expel Corpus
Expel Grineer
Expel Infested
Gunslinger
Heated Charge
Hornet Strike
Ice Storm
Lethal Torrent
Magnum Force
No Return
Pathogen Rounds
Pistol Gambit
Pistol Pestilence
Razor Shot
Target Cracker

===Melee Combat===
Corrupt Charge
Fever Strike
Focus Energy
Fury
Heavy Trauma
Jagged Edge
Killing Blow
Molten Impact
North Wind
Organ Shatter
Pressure Point
Reflex Coil
Rending Strike
Shocking Touch
Smite Corpus
Smite Grineer
Smite Infested
Spoiled Strike
Sundering Strike
True Steel
Virulent Scourge

Utility mod list.

===Warframe Utility===

Acrobat
Antitoxin
Aviator
Diamond Skin
Enemy Sense
Equilibrium
Flame Repellent
Handspring
Heavy Impact
Insulation
Intruder
Lightning Rod
Maglev
Master Thief
Parry
Provoked
Reflection
Reflex Guard
Retribution
Rush
Shield Flux
Shock Absorbers
Sure Footed
Thief's Wit
Undying Will
Warm Coat

===Rifle Utility===
Ammo Drum
Arrow Mutation
Eagle Eye
Fast Hands
Firestorm
Hush
Magazine Warp
Metal Auger
Sniper Ammo Mutation
Stabilizer
Tainted Mag
Vile Precision
Rifle Ammo Mutation
Rifle Aptitude

===Shotgun Utility===
Ammo Stock
Burdened Magazine
Seeking Force
Shell Compression
Shotgun Ammo Mutation
Shotgun Savvy
Tactical Pump
Tainted Shell

===Pistol Utility===
Hawk Eye
Hollow Point
Pistol Ammo Mutation
Quickdraw
Seeker
Slip Magazine
Steady Hands
Stunning Speed
Suppress
Sure Shot
Tainted Clip
Trick Mag

===Melee Utility===
Berserker
Finishing Touch
Melee Channel
Melee Prowess
Power Throw
Quick Return
Reach
Rebound
Second Wind
Whirlwind

Click Here for a full list of my threads.

Edited by Trenggiling

I've been thinking in similar paths myself regarding the mod system. Though I was thinking more of a hex-grid where instead of polarities, there are "paths" on the grid that boosts the effectiveness of the mods that are on said "path" (would looks sort of like the hacking grid's "aligning lines").

Your ideas, however, sound a lot simpler to implement, and wouldn't require as much rebalancing. And you've obviously put alot more thought into it then me, hehehe.

So with that, you have my +1 =)

I didn't read all your post or really any of it (mainly cause im too tired right now)

But something with mods I'd like to see is an option to have 3 different load outs much like your customization on gear

Would give players an easier way to play with different builds without having to unequip and then search through the long list of mods

Wow! May I ask, did you get inspiration from my thread of VERY VERY similar content (although not NEARLY as graphicly well made) here: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/158729-changing-the-modding-experience-mod-rebalance-and-more/

Just wondering :P

Now, let me give you some feedback and questions:

About your main points first:

1) Yes, agreed to the max! However, some points I'd like to suggest

* Sentinels should have the same 3 categories as Warframes imo (Combat, Utility and Powers). That'd only be fair, otherwise you get the same problems we have with modding for Warframes currently. Although, Sentinels need more mods in general...

* I think you should be able to equip Combat mods in the Combat slots only, obviously. However, I think Utility mods should be equippable in Combat AND in Utility slots. Having many Combat mods is obviously overpowered, but having many Utility mods can be a fun modding experience. And after all, it would be an OPTION, not a necessity at all!

2) Aura - No polarities, nor any costs or gains (besides the Aura-power itself) seems like a great idea. Makes auras more changeable to test them out more.

But I have a question: Do you mean we get 30 modpoints for Combat mods and then another 30 modpoints for Utility mods? Or are the 30 modpoints shared between the different categories? If the first one, I'd LOOOOVE your new system so much (and would make so much sense of the auras not giving points anymore)! If the second... well, then I'd not like it much at all. It'd be superhard to mod for.

3) Agreed entirely on this point! Well suggested :)

Question though: How do you suggest one GETS these mods? Would you say that when you get the helmet, do you also get the its mod? Or would you suggest them to be drops from bosses/mobs?

4) All of my YES to this! It's especially important with the new Corrupted mods too (especially considering how hard they can be to acquire).

5) By swapping, do you mean the new feature that you can move the polarity-positions around, but without the necessity to forma them first?

If you mean that, then I agreed 100%

6) While your suggestion is very good, I'd honestly rather scrap those "how the sentinel shoots" mods in the first place! How a sentinel shoots should be something we could switch on the fly on missions. It could be a quickbutton (easily added for PC) and also a visual option-thing when you open your gear-menu (so it's changeable somehow more easily for PS4 players). You could choose between Aggressive (shoot anything in range), Defensive (like the current Revenge one) or Passive (don't shoot at all). That'd be enough imo.

(Then what about those mods then? Make them into entirely new utility and combat mods for Sentinels! Check my thread at the top of this reply for more ideas regarding that if you want :))

But I'd be perfectly fine with your suggestion, for sure! :)

7) Yes, yes and YES! It's actually a very important detail now when generic warframe abilities is gonna be a thing... And it's also important that we do this kind of mod-categorizing, otherwise we might possibly be able to equip 10 abilities >_>

Now for some questions on the pictures:

1) What is "Djinn's Presence" supposed to represent?

2) Shoot the Horizon, means shoot the furthest target away?

Now for some quick debatte / feedback on what counts as Combat contra Utility (here I have my biggest disagreements, especially on the weapon mods)

WARFRAMES:

1) Stamina mods - I'd actually keep these as Combat mods as well, but the Stamina-mechanics needs changing too. Running should cost no stamina, and blocking needs to be more powerful (which I've heard it is gonna be as well with Melee 2.0)

2) Acrobat - I'd rather make this weaker (up to 30%), but make it reduce ALL Stamina-consuming mechanics instead, thus also moving it into a Combat mod doing so. Otherwise, if it stays as it is, then yeah keep it as Utility.

3) Equilibrium and Rage - Just a comment: I think you did really good in their category choices! Equilibrium is strong, yes, but far more situational, thus fitting as a (high cost) Utility mod. Rage is far more reliable in actual combat, thus fitting as a Combat mod. Must give you a nod to these categorizations! Well done!

WEAPONS:

1) Punchthrough mods - They are really powerful, I dunno if they should be Utility... I guess they can be though, considering they are very expensive. Shred belongs as Combat mod though, yes, due to it having the RoF boost on it.

2) Firestorm - Considering you put this as Combat, but not general Punchthrough mods, what gives? My opinion is that both Firestorm and Punchthrough mods should be in the same category, wether it is in Combat or Utility, as they are somewhat similar (If anything, PT mods are stronger ones imo). Also, imo, Firestorm could also work as a booster for range-limited weapons (Like Synapse etc), by increasing their ranges.

3) Reload mods - I'd consider these as Utility mods. Plus, you already have Stunning Speed as Utility, which makes it very inconsistent.

4) Bane mods - Ehhhh I think these are a bit too powerful for Utility. They are actually decently strong as they increase TOTAL damage by up to 30%. However, I would still tolerate these as Utility, because if you get a faction-change in the middle of a mission, they turn completely useless. A little torn on this categorization. Keep them as Utility for now though.

5) Crit chance and crit dmg mods (including Critical Delay & Hollow Point, which imo needs HUGE buffing) - Nope. These are very much COMBAT mods, no question about it! Besides, you kept Hammershot as a Combat mod, which is very inconsistent.

6) Berserker - Is a Combat mod for sure. It needs a buff though (I'd lower its modcost and have lower amount of ranks for its max benefit, rather than a straight up total buff)

7) Melee Channel - I dunno if I'd make this a Combat mod or Utility mod. As it is, I guess it fits ok as Utility. Alternatively, it could be buffed, like that it caused an AoE-explosion for the bonusdamage (which also staggers all enemies), then move it to Combat. But yeah, as it is I guess I can agreed on it being utility. I guess Finishing Touch is in the same boat (far too niched to be a Combat mod, especially considering finishers current situation)

A little extra note:

I know WHY you added the critmods and banemods as utility though: Because if not, Melee and Shotgun mods would be lacking a LOT in the utility section! But, if a categorization like all this would happen in the first place, I'd rather balance be taken in consideration and thus have the critmods (not necessarily the banemods as I explained above) to be Combat mods, and instead add more utility mods to the game.

Examples:

* Rifles, Pistols and Shotguns could all get projectile-speed-increasing mods

* Rifles, Pistols and Shotguns could get accuracy utility mods (For Shotguns that means a spreadreducing mod. Yes Tainted Shell exists, but it could be remade into something else, or be made into a more powerful and FAR cheaper mod for spreadreduction, due to having negative effects on it too)

* Shotguns can get anti-fall-off-damage utility mods (This mod could also increase range on range-limited Shotguns, like Phage)

* Pistols could get a Firestorm equivalent (increasing attack aoe-size, for weapons like Castanas and Embolist and increases the range on range-limited weapons, like Spectra and Embolist)

* Rifles and Shotguns could get + and - bounces mods (for weapons like Drakgoon, Miter, Penta etc)

* Melee could get lifesteal and energysteal utility mods (life and energy equivalents to Second Wind)

* Melee could have the Warframe blocking-mods be utility mods (although, that could possibly be too strong right?)

Also, you forgot Toxic Barrage and Malignant Force, the Cicero mods for Shotguns and Rifles respectively. Obviously, they would be Combat mods ;)

OVERALL THOUGH: Great job with this suggestion! Would love this in the game ASAP! Would add so much more TRUE customization!

Edited by Azamagon

Wow....

That is some major feedback!

You are probably my favorite commenter so far. (You might even beat CAPSLOCK MAN!!! from Alternate Skill Sets For Warframes!)

But anyway... I will do my best to answer all of your questions and address all of your concerns!

Apparently I can't have unlimited quotes, so I'll just use redtext for quotes.

Wow! May I ask, did you get inspiration from my thread of VERY VERY similar content (although not NEARLY as graphicly well made) Just wondering :P

In all honesty... No.

I actually thought I was being terribly clever and original...

oh well...

Now, let me give you some feedback and questions:

About your main points first:

1) Yes, agreed to the max! However, some points I'd like to suggest

* Sentinels should have the same 3 categories as Warframes imo (Combat, Utility and Powers). That'd only be fair, otherwise you get the same problems we have with modding for Warframes currently. Although, Sentinels need more mods in general...

But the number of possible sentinel mods is so staggeringly low that doing that would remove any and all sentinel customization, do to a lack of options.

* I think you should be able to equip Combat mods in the Combat slots only, obviously. However, I think Utility mods should be equippable in Combat AND in Utility slots. Having many Combat mods is obviously overpowered, but having many Utility mods can be a fun modding experience. And after all, it would be an OPTION, not a necessity at all!

Ummm... what is the most polite way to say No?

2) Aura - No polarities, nor any costs or gains (besides the Aura-power itself) seems like a great idea. Makes auras more changeable to test them out more.

But I have a question: Do you mean we get 30 modpoints for Combat mods and then another 30 modpoints for Utility mods? Or are the 30 modpoints shared between the different categories? If the first one, I'd LOOOOVE your new system so much (and would make so much sense of the auras not giving points anymore)! If the second... well, then I'd not like it much at all. It'd be superhard to mod for.

30 modpoints for Combat mods and then another 30 modpoints for Utility mods.

3) Agreed entirely on this point! Well suggested :)

Question though: How do you suggest one GETS these mods? Would you say that when you get the helmet, do you also get the its mod? Or would you suggest them to be drops from bosses/mobs?

I don't know. alerts? boss fights? random drops?

I feel kinda stupid for not considering this...

4) All of my YES to this! It's especially important with the new Corrupted mods too (especially considering how hard they can be to acquire).

Thank you...

But I must admit I didn't think of the idea, I got it from Bones76's thread Adjustable Mod Levels.

I am allowed to do that right?

5) By swapping, do you mean the new feature that you can move the polarity-positions around, but without the necessity to forma them first?

If you mean that, then I agreed 100%

Yes.

6) While your suggestion is very good, I'd honestly rather scrap those "how the sentinel shoots" mods in the first place! How a sentinel shoots should be something we could switch on the fly on missions. It could be a quickbutton (easily added for PC) and also a visual option-thing when you open your gear-menu (so it's changeable somehow more easily for PS4 players). You could choose between Aggressive (shoot anything in range), Defensive (like the current Revenge one) or Passive (don't shoot at all). That'd be enough imo.

(Then what about those mods then? Make them into entirely new utility and combat mods for Sentinels! Check my thread at the top of this reply for more ideas regarding that if you want :))

But I'd be perfectly fine with your suggestion, for sure! :)

The Aggressive, Defensive, Passive, sentinel fighting styles would be one way of doing things.

But most people I know wouldn't go into that much detail during a tense fight.

Plus the "how the sentinel shoots mods" method is a lot more precise, giving you more out of the box fighting styles to choose from.

7) Yes, yes and YES! It's actually a very important detail now when generic warframe abilities is gonna be a thing... And it's also important that we do this kind of mod-categorizing, otherwise we might possibly be able to equip 10 abilities >_>

Plus it adds extra customization!

Now for some questions on the pictures:

1) What is "Djinn's Presence" supposed to represent?

I am so glad you asked!

For every sentinal there is a sentinel AURA! that gives the sentinel's master some special benefit so long as the sentinel remains operational!

Wyrm:

===Puzzlement===
You gain +5/10/15/20/25/30% stats chance with all of your weapons.

Shade:

===Subtly===

Enemies are less likely to attack you, you will also deal +10/20/30/40/50/60% damage to unaltered enemies.

Death Cube:

===Internal reactor===

You will deal +5/10/15/20/25/30% more damage.

Carrier:

===Ammo reserves===

+5/10/15/20/25/30% ammo max.

Djinn:

===Djinn's Presence===

Enemies are more likely to attack you, enemies will suffer damage equal to 25/40/55/70/85/100% of the damage they deal to you.

2) Shoot the Horizon, means shoot the furthest target away?

Furthest target that is still in your range yes, its a rather specialized one.

Now for some quick debatte / feedback on what counts as Combat contra Utility (here I have my biggest disagreements, especially on the weapon mods)

WARFRAMES:

1) Stamina mods - I'd actually keep these as Combat mods as well, but the Stamina-mechanics needs changing too. Running should cost no stamina, and blocking needs to be more powerful (which I've heard it is gonna be as well with Melee 2.0)

2) Acrobat - I'd rather make this weaker (up to 30%), but make it reduce ALL Stamina-consuming mechanics instead, thus also moving it into a Combat mod doing so. Otherwise, if it stays as it is, then yeah keep it as Utility.

3) Equilibrium and Rage - Just a comment: I think you did really good in their category choices! Equilibrium is strong, yes, but far more situational, thus fitting as a (high cost) Utility mod. Rage is far more reliable in actual combat, thus fitting as a Combat mod. Must give you a nod to these categorizations! Well done!

WEAPONS:

1) Punchthrough mods - They are really powerful, I dunno if they should be Utility... I guess they can be though, considering they are very expensive. Shred belongs as Combat mod though, yes, due to it having the RoF boost on it.

2) Firestorm - Considering you put this as Combat, but not general Punchthrough mods, what gives? My opinion is that both Firestorm and Punchthrough mods should be in the same category, wether it is in Combat or Utility, as they are somewhat similar (If anything, PT mods are stronger ones imo). Also, imo, Firestorm could also work as a booster for range-limited weapons (Like Synapse etc), by increasing their ranges.

3) Reload mods - I'd consider these as Utility mods. Plus, you already have Stunning Speed as Utility, which makes it very inconsistent.

4) Bane mods - Ehhhh I think these are a bit too powerful for Utility. They are actually decently strong as they increase TOTAL damage by up to 30%. However, I would still tolerate these as Utility, because if you get a faction-change in the middle of a mission, they turn completely useless. A little torn on this categorization. Keep them as Utility for now though.

5) Crit chance and crit dmg mods (including Critical Delay & Hollow Point, which imo needs HUGE buffing) - Nope. These are very much COMBAT mods, no question about it! Besides, you kept Hammershot as a Combat mod, which is very inconsistent.

6) Berserker - Is a Combat mod for sure. It needs a buff though (I'd lower its modcost and have lower amount of ranks for its max benefit, rather than a straight up total buff)

7) Melee Channel - I dunno if I'd make this a Combat mod or Utility mod. As it is, I guess it fits ok as Utility. Alternatively, it could be buffed, like that it caused an AoE-explosion for the bonusdamage (which also staggers all enemies), then move it to Combat. But yeah, as it is I guess I can agreed on it being utility. I guess Finishing Touch is in the same boat (far too niched to be a Combat mod, especially considering finishers current situation)

A little extra note:

I know WHY you added the critmods and banemods as utility though: Because if not, Melee and Shotgun mods would be lacking a LOT in the utility section! But, if a categorization like all this would happen in the first place, I'd rather balance be taken in consideration and thus have the critmods (not necessarily the banemods as I explained above) to be Combat mods, and instead add more utility mods to the game.

Examples:

* Rifles, Pistols and Shotguns could all get projectile-speed-increasing mods

* Rifles, Pistols and Shotguns could get accuracy utility mods (For Shotguns that means a spreadreducing mod. Yes Tainted Shell exists, but it could be remade into something else, or be made into a more powerful and FAR cheaper mod for spreadreduction, due to having negative effects on it too)

* Shotguns can get anti-fall-off-damage utility mods (This mod could also increase range on range-limited Shotguns, like Phage)

* Pistols could get a Firestorm equivalent (increasing attack aoe-size, for weapons like Castanas and Embolist and increases the range on range-limited weapons, like Spectra and Embolist)

* Rifles and Shotguns could get + and - bounces mods (for weapons like Drakgoon, Miter, Penta etc)

* Melee could get lifesteal and energysteal utility mods (life and energy equivalents to Second Wind)

* Melee could have the Warframe blocking-mods be utility mods (although, that could possibly be too strong right?)

Also, you forgot Toxic Barrage and Malignant Force, the Cicero mods for Shotguns and Rifles respectively. Obviously, they would be Combat mods ;)

To be completely honest, I didn't think that much about it, nor did I think that anyone else would think that much about it.

I mostly just haphazardly tossed mods into one category or another.

But you have a good point... with.. most everything really.

OVERALL THOUGH: Great job with this suggestion! Would love this in the game ASAP! Would add so much more TRUE customization!

Thank you so much.

n n

V

Edited by Trenggiling

1) Wow....

That is some major feedback!

You are probably my favorite commenter so far. (You might even beat CAPSLOCK MAN!!! from Alternate Skill Sets For Warframes!)

But anyway... I will do my best to answer all of your questions and address all of your concerns!

Apparently I can't have unlimited quotes, so I'll just use redtext for quotes.

2) In all honesty... No.

I actually thought I was being terribly clever and original...

oh well...

3) But the number of possible sentinel mods is so staggeringly low that doing that would remove any and all sentinel customization, do to a lack of options.

4) Ummm... what is the most polite way to say No?

5) 30 modpoints for Combat mods and then another 30 modpoints for Utility mods.

6) I don't know. alerts? boss fights? random drops?

I feel kinda stupid for not considering this...

7) Thank you...

But I must admit I didn't think of the idea, I got it from Bones76's thread Adjustable Mod Levels.

I am allowed to do that right?

8) Yes.

9) The Aggressive, Defensive, Passive, sentinel fighting styles would be one way of doing things.

But most people I know wouldn't go into that much detail during a tense fight.

Plus the "how the sentinel shoots mods" method is a lot more precise, giving you more out of the box fighting styles to choose from.

10) Plus it adds extra customization!

11) I am so glad you asked!

For every sentinal there is a sentinel AURA! that gives the sentinel's master some special benefit so long as the sentinel remains operational!

Wyrm:

===Puzzlement===

You gain +5/10/15/20/25/30% stats chance with all of your weapons.

Shade:

===Subtly===

Enemies are less likely to attack you, you will also deal +10/20/30/40/50/60% damage to unaltered enemies.

Death Cube:

===Internal reactor===

You will deal +5/10/15/20/25/30% more damage.

Carrier:

===Ammo reserves===

+5/10/15/20/25/30% ammo max.

Djinn:

===Djinn's Presence===

Enemies are more likely to attack you, enemies will suffer damage equal to 25/40/55/70/85/100% of the damage they deal to you.

12) Furthest target that is still in your range yes, its a rather specialized one.

13) To be completely honest, I didn't think that much about it, nor did I think that anyone else would think that much about it.

I mostly just haphazardly tossed mods into one category or another.

But you have a good point... with.. most everything really.

14) Thank you so much.

n n

V

1) I have to check out that thread and see if I can find the CAPSLOCK MAN!!!! :D

2) Well, great minds think alike ;)

3) That's a problem with lack of Sentinel mods. It's better get the fundaments right from the very start and be lacking options at first. When new mods come in, it'll fill up the much needed variety for Sentinel modding.

4) Probably: "I agreed to disagree" or something :P If it becomes as you suggest, that Utility mods only are equippable in Utility slots, I wouldn't complain :) Just wanted to throw out the idea so we could potentially have more Utility if we for some reason wanted to do that by sacrificing Combat-power.

5) Sweeeeet! Give me your system NOW then xDDD

6) I'd rather it be tied to helmets, as in: Buy/build a helmet, and you get 2 things: the cosmetics of the actual helmet and the modcard from the helmet too. That way, we have a REASON to craft helmets, other than for just getting new cosmetics (That gives more potential money for DE too, which is always good I guess?)

7) LOL, of course you are allowed to do that! :D It just shows you support the idea :)

When I do my own suggestions (such as my recent Warframe rebalancing threads) I'm very ... hmm ... what's the word? Eclectic? As in, I see lots of ideas everywhere, take the absolute best of the ones I see, use them as inspiration to tweak them in my own way (sometimes not changing much at all really). If there is a particularly big thing I have "copied" I always try my best to give them credit of course :)

8) Awesome! Then I entirely agreed :)

9) The main reason I suggest this is because of a couple of certain things:

* Stealth - When playing stealth, you'd only like a defensive / passive Sentinel. But once you get caught and don't wanna bother continuing with stealth, maybe you would like to put the Sentinel into aggressive mode. It sucks you can't :/

* Levelling up weapons - Maybe you are levelling up weapons, so you take off the attack precept entirely. However, all of a sudden G3 / Stalker / Harvester spawns (or something like that), and you'd like as much firepower as possible, including your Sentinel. But you can't, which sucks :/

So yeah, in game flexibility would be nice.

And ANOTHER thing, even if we would have the Aggressive/Defensive/Passive modes, that doesn't guarantee that the attack precepts are removed! The attack precepts could determine HOW your Sentinel shoots when in Aggressive mode! So, it either Shoots the Horizon/Strong/til they are dead etc!

10) Which is always nice! :)

11) Nice ideas! Specific feedback:

Deth Cube's Internal Reactor is far too strong imo. Besides, I'd like the name Puzzlement for it instead (Deth RUBICK's Cube :P)

Djinn's Presence is potentially too strong I think... Lower the numbers and it could be alright.

All the others sound very good though! Nice ideas for sure :)

12) Ok, sounds rather niched, but could be a potentially good option I guess :)

13) Maybe not, but you got most of them right at least :D Just please try and sort them out a bit better. Crit mods are a definite no-no as Utility though (Soma & Bows are the main reason for that). In short, the changes I'd make:

Put in as Utility = All reload mods, Firestorm

Put in as Combat = All crit mods, Berserker. Also add Toxic Barrage and Malignant Force

Up to you = Melee Channel, All basic Punchthrough mods (Shred needs to stay Combat though, due to its RoF bonus), All Bane mods. I'd personally keep all these 3 as utility mods though, even though the Bane mods are the most questionable ones to be utility. Punchthrough would certainly be an interesting and strong choice of utility, but it costs so many modpoints that it would actually not be a definite choice for everyone.

14) You're welcome! :)

You know, I was just thinking about the modpoints for Powers. What you have suggested for Combat and Utility mods is perfectly fine. But Powers, what you get there is complete overkill.

Currently, all powers in total costs max 32 modpoints (3+7+9+13). If polarities are still there, the cost would go down to 18 (2+4+5+7). This is all the while you have 30 modpoints, BEFORE applying a Reactor. With a Reactor you have 60 modpoints for Powers, which is pointlessly high.

Then add to it the fact that new general powers will be added, even ultimates. With so many points, you could even equip 4 Ultimates at once, no problem!

That said, I'd propose some changes:

1) Powerslots (for both Warframes and Sentinels) do not have polarities anymore, nor should they be polarizable either. All abilities always cost their costs, with no way to reduce it.

2) A Reactor has NO effect on the amount of modpoints for Powers (once again, for both Warframes and Sentinels). You always just get a maximum of 30 points.

3) The cost for Warframe powers in their respective tiers are readjusted to max costs of 3+6+9+12. That means that they have a total max cost of 30, matching perfectly with the max amount of points you can get as well!

You know, I was just thinking about the modpoints for Powers. What you have suggested for Combat and Utility mods is perfectly fine. But Powers, what you get there is complete overkill.

Currently, all powers in total costs max 32 modpoints (3+7+9+13). If polarities are still there, the cost would go down to 18 (2+4+5+7). This is all the while you have 30 modpoints, BEFORE applying a Reactor. With a Reactor you have 60 modpoints for Powers, which is pointlessly high.

Then add to it the fact that new general powers will be added, even ultimates. With so many points, you could even equip 4 Ultimates at once, no problem!

That said, I'd propose some changes:

1) Powerslots (for both Warframes and Sentinels) do not have polarities anymore, nor should they be polarizable either. All abilities always cost their costs, with no way to reduce it.

2) A Reactor has NO effect on the amount of modpoints for Powers (once again, for both Warframes and Sentinels). You always just get a maximum of 30 points.

3) The cost for Warframe powers in their respective tiers are readjusted to max costs of 3+6+9+12. That means that they have a total max cost of 30, matching perfectly with the max amount of points you can get as well!

That is a good point and a great idea!

One sec while I add that to the OP.

Edited by Trenggiling

• 1 month later...

I always feel sad reading such long, well thought out improvment suggestion threads.

Because rarley do we ever see anything come of all these great ideas. DE's too busy pumping out new weapon skins or whatever it is they do these days.

• 1 month later...

2: If you ask me the auras in general are in a rather weird place right now.

So my solution is to make it that an aura no longer gives or takes mod points, the extra points you get for utility and powers should compensate for that.

Also the auras should all have the same polarity, this will help give people more options.

Rather than backing them into a corner where most people would just get a dash polarity so that they can use energy siphon and be done with it.

ARE YOU HIGH? These arua points help alot in managing and maximizing your mod capacity, and you wnat that gone? yea i dont think DE will agree to such a ridiculous idea.

ARE YOU HIGH? These arua points help alot in managing and maximizing your mod capacity, and you wnat that gone? yea i dont think DE will agree to such a ridiculous idea.

Ick no, I don't take drugs or alcohol... (well I did take a aspirin once but I was in a lot of pain at the time, don't judge me.)

And this is balanced out rather well with the addition of a full 60 mod points from the other two tabs! 90 if you have a reactor installed.

If anything, you get too many points with this system...

2: If you ask me the auras in general are in a rather weird place right now.

So my solution is to make it that an aura no longer gives or takes mod points, the extra points you get for utility and powers should compensate for that.

Also the auras should all have the same polarity, this will help give people more options.

Rather than backing them into a corner where most people would just get a dash polarity so that they can use energy siphon and be done with it.

did you read this right?

look at the images

combat has 60 points for 8 slots

utility has 60 points for 6 slots

power has 30 for 4 slots

with this youll have 150 poits and 18 slots +aura slot

the system we have now have 78points on 10 slots + aura(the biggest points you could get is 18)

well for the sake of clarity I decided to put together two builds for a formaless, maxrank Rhino with a potato, one using the current system, and one using my proposed system... this is what I came up with.

===Current Build===

Steel charge 5

Iron skin 3
Rhino stomp 3

Redirection 10
Vitality 10
Intensify 5
Fleeting expertise 4
Stretch 5
Streamline 4

Rush 5

===New Build===

Sprint boost 3

Rhino charge 3
Roar 3
Iron skin 3
Rhino stomp 3

Redirection 10
Vitality 10
Intensify 5
Fleeting expertise 4
Stretch 5
Streamline 4
Vigor 3

Rush 5
Diamond skin 5
Heavy impact 5
Marathon 5
Retribution 3
Quick rest 5

Everything seems to work as predicted, but I noticed that a warframe with a potato would be able to slot almost any set of utility mods with ease...

This is not what I wanted... so I'm going to make it so that reactors/catalysts only increase the mod cap of the combat tab.

So the new, new build would be...

Sprint boost 3

Rhino charge 3
Roar 3
Iron skin 3
Rhino stomp 3

Redirection 10
Vitality 10
Intensify 5
Fleeting expertise 4
Stretch 5
Streamline 4
Vigor 3

Rush 5
Diamond skin 5
Retribution 3

I will look into the way weapons handle these changes....... latter.

Edited by Trenggiling

I really like your proposed overhaul of the mod system it sounds like it would make modding much more fun but can you explain why you put the bane mods and critical delay in the utility mods list I would have thought they would be considered combat mods.

I really like your proposed overhaul of the mod system it sounds like it would make modding much more fun!

Awwww thank you ^.^

but can you explain why you put the bane mods and critical delay in the utility mods list I would have thought they would be considered combat mods.

Sloppiness on my part... I will go fix.

Edit: done!

Edited by Trenggiling