Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Altering The Mod System

Trenggiling

• 2 weeks later...

Bumping this awesome thread up!

Also, I was thinking a bit... I really think the Orokin Reactor should apply to Utility mods too. After all, they are the weaker mods anyway...

I had it that way originally.

But then I realized that it would make formaing the utility tab pointless, because you could just slap on a reactor and fill all your slots.

I'm sorry, but aren't we unkillable enough already? I fail to see why everyone agrees with a system that would make us more powerful then we already are. What will this allows us to do we can't do already, kill mobs that are level 2000? I'm pretty sure I saw a video of that happening already.

More shields, more stamina, more damage resistance, more damage mitigation/reflection. Great.

Let's assume for 1 nanosecond that this idea was considered by DE, just to make people happy. All they would do immediately after is take another pass at mobs and make them hit harder in order to bring back the level of threat that you just removed by adding more mods.

We would have a semblance of balance already if we had no reactors, no catalysts, no Forma. We would have to be very careful on what mods we put points, and we would not be able to max out all the mods in rainbow builds. You just compounded the problem by allowing us to pack even more mods onto our Frames.

It's an insane idea. Why the hell would DE agree to this?

Edited by DSpite

I'll just use redtext for quotes.
Because quote limit :P

I'm sorry, but aren't we unkillable enough already?

Yes... yes we are.

And I hope that changes in the future.

I fail to see why everyone agrees with a system that would make us more powerful then we already are.

I have gone through extensive build testing with both the current and proposed systems, and although you do become more powerful the bonus power is in areas like stamina and sprint speed.
Things that aren't as stupidly broken as some of the other mods.

What will this allows us to do we can't do already, kill mobs that are level 2000? I'm pretty sure I saw a video of that happening already.

Not much actually... mostly just more diversity in viable build choices.

More shields, more stamina, more damage resistance, more damage mitigation/reflection. Great.

No... not great.
A max vitality mod can give you +440% base health.
Throw in vigor's +120% and you end up with +560% base health THAT'S INSANE...
That's why those mods are in the combat category which is relatively unchanged as far as penitential power goes.

Let's assume for 1 nanosecond that this idea was considered by DE, just to make people happy.

I don't think that DE would intentionally put something in, if they thought was unhealthy for the game

All they would do immediately after is take another pass at mobs and make them hit harder in order to bring back the level of threat that you just removed by adding more mods.

They need to do that anyway.
The game is just WAY too easy right now for most people. (myself included)

We would have a semblance of balance already if we had no reactors, no catalysts, no Forma.

NO, reactors, catalysts, and forma are all needed to give the feeling of progression.
If you ask me I think that fault lies in the crazily unbalanced numbers on some mods.

We would have to be very careful on what mods we put points, and we would not be able to max out all the mods in rainbow builds.

That would make stamina, punch through, elemental resistance, and other mods go completely extinct.
No thank you, I want MORE diversity not less.

You just compounded the problem by allowing us to pack even more mods onto our Frames.

Again, the extra mods you get are going towards inconsequential stuff like hack time, and slide distance.

It's an insane idea. Why the hell would DE agree to this?

Diversity and (in my opinion) a better base structure for modding.

Here, use this to thoroughly test how my suggestions would effect power levels.

Warframe Builder

Edited by Trenggiling

• 3 months later...

There would be a problem though, DE removed all the skill mods and turned them in to reactors. If this was to be put back in it would have to give all those mods to the people or just give those mods when you have the warframe. Or just Remove the power section for warframes.

This system would allow us to actually use most of the mods, Majority of the utility mods are a bad replacement on what ever mod you decided to put in.

Wow talk about some hardcore necromancy.

Anyways since the ability mods have been removed I would like to propose that the powers tab is replaced by a augmentation mod slot category

of course this idea is based on the assumption that there will eventually be more than one augmentation mod per ability so that we are forced to chose between augmentation mods since otherwise this would just be a straight up buff which is not something we need more of.

Wow talk about some hardcore necromancy.

Anyways since the ability mods have been removed I would like to propose that the powers tab is replaced by a augmentation mod slot category

of course this idea is based on the assumption that there will eventually be more than one augmentation mod per ability so that we are forced to chose between augmentation mods since otherwise this would just be a straight up buff which is not something we need more of.

good idea

• 2 months later...