Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Melee 2.0 - What Becomes Of The Mouse?

shut

Apologies, I had poor word choice and order. You can use E or clicking while in melee state, though I believe that only the clicking will allow you to do the more damaging combos. I may be mistaken, and clicking could be paired with E for combos, but the dev stream was not crystal on that.

Thanks!

in short... overly complex that requires you to  have

A) solo or rare, lagfree game

B) sacrifice damage just to make room for  combo boosting mods

C) You get tired of finger breaking  micromanagement of combos for  every enemy in a week and just use common melee attack spam.

D) The time you spend blocking, could have been better used to just 1 hit the targets with your gun + you are out of stamina

E) you die to the fire of 10 other grineer while you play around with 1 of them

>overly complex

Good luck playing an actual fighting game.

Someone else covered why most of what you said is moot.

Although I'll add to the e) that, if you had watched the livestream in it's entirety through the talk about melee 2.0, that the attacks will be tailors to mowing down tons of enemies.

Edited by SolidSp33d

Melee mods are some of the worst designed in the game at the moment though. Where guns have choices like ammo mutation, max ammo, max clip size, passthrough, multishot, noise reduction [as useless as it is], Charged Chamber, and a wealth of double-mods like Wildfire, Hammer Shot, and all the gun-specific corrupted mods, melee mods consist of things like Reach, Second Wind, Finishing Touch, and Melee Channel. I don't count the glaive mods because they're specific to a single weapon and it's prime variant.

Mod-wise, there's EXTREMELY little you can do with melee weapons.

Well, who uses things like max ammo, clip size, and similar mods? Very few, unless they're filling space.

Mods are pretty boring. Once you put in Serration and Split Chamber, you're down two slots and at least 10 mod points, assuming polarities and serration unranked. Max rank them both, and that's 25 points. From there, you need your elemental mods. From there, you're either putting more elements or crit mods.

It's a dozen different mods to do the same thing, and three dozen that nobody uses.