Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Rrifles Are Weak Rework Needed!

RedEye88

Seriosly DEVs all rifles suck,especially this fail Gorgon i bought today after playing around and wasted 1 catalyst on it,the conclusion its trash(even with 50% multishot).Same goes for other ones Braton/mk1,burston and whatever else.Best till now was the half decent Boltor but sitll has low damage compared to any pistols,all pistols i owned had decent -good damage.But with rifles its a pain i keep wasting money and none is good.

The only ones left that i didnt try are The Hek and Paris as main but these are kinda slow one being close range and other sniper bow...

If i werent so noob to try new weapons and if game werent still in beta id demand a refund on credits.Such a waste :S

Id rather melee packs of infected with a slow hammer than ever buying a new rifle again.

Pistols all the way i guess.

Edited by RedEye88

The HEK has a range of a rifle, and given it's fairly tight spread of pellets I can headshot so well with it. Rifles are chugging out more bullets than they should I feel, perhaps I just need to mod my Vandal some more but it is pretty modded up already and not even comparing to the HEK.

Edited by Frazeil

The HEK has a range of a rifle, and given it's fairly tight spread of pellets I can headshot so well with it. Rifles are chugging out more bullets than they should I feel, perhaps I just need to mod my Vandal some more but it is pretty modded up already and not even comparing to the HEK.

...But does it beg to differ?

my Boltor is a bit OP when i play with my girl, at times ill use a weak pistol just to let her get xp. the next rifle i get prob will be the Hek, but fully blow your boltor out mod it up, but once it fully ranked (as mine is) its time to make another, the reason I havent made Hek yet is because i need 50% more xp, so akboltos and swords in more use atm. have you fully moded up your rifles as in the other damage mods, fuse em hard and rifles go hard.

edit yay 50 posts :P

Edited by Deek

My Akbolto laughs at those guns and how their mods are so much weaker and more expensive to fuse.

Even with the nerf, my vandal and paris can kill faster than your pistols. Just because your damage mod can be higher does not mean you can out-DPS a rifle.

Even with the nerf, my vandal and paris can kill faster than your pistols. Just because your damage mod can be higher does not mean you can out-DPS a rifle.

Nope. With rof mods, better damage mods, innate armor piercing (which lets you put something else on instead of armor piercing and is more effective than an armor piercing mod) better base damage than most automatics and better multishot mods you can easily outdps a rifle. This is on top of the fact that all those mods are much more expensive to fuse on rifles to an inferior level of effectiveness,

Edited by Aggh

And yet you can't shoot through shield grineer.

Their heads peek above their shield. Also, adding a puncture mod or just shooting them an extra couple of times (they stagger and lower their shield) is more than enough to make up for that. Additionally, one mob isn't a good enough reason to pick a blatantly inferior gun over it. The Akbolto is superior vs a staggering majority of the mobs in this game.

Edited by Aggh

My Akbolto laughs at those guns and how their mods are so much weaker and more expensive to fuse.

So sad, yet so true. Whenever I want to do more difficult content I always have to fall back to my Akbolto. Just can't get my Braton Vandal, Hek, Boltor, Gorgon, Paris, Snipetron, or Latron to feel as powerful.

Paris is a little harder to quantify, but Akbolto has higher damage per hit and higher fire rate than the Braton Vandal. Plus baked-in armor ignore. Plus better mods. Not sure of the reload speed on the Vandal, but I think the Akbolto's is faster. Only thing Vandal has going for it is clip size, and I doubt that's enough to outweigh everything else.

And yet you can't shoot through shield grineer.

Does Seeker not work on Akbolto? No big deal if it doesn't; a couple of shots to the top center of the shield usually takes the guy down or a few shots to the middle of the shield usually knocks the shield to the side so you can aim for the meat. With the silly energy cost and depressingly nerfed puncture distance, I never bother with puncture mods anymore and it's never felt like a bad decision.

erf, even the Hek is more accurate than the Akbolto at long range. Recoil and bolt dispersion got nerfed pretty hard with Update 7.

Still a good and powerful pistol, but you'll just waste ammo aiming at something further than 25 meters.

Whereas the braton (vandal or not) is still a pretty nice all-around rifle. Headshot bursts ftw.

erf, even the Hek is more accurate than the Akbolto at long range. Recoil and bolt dispersion got nerfed pretty hard with Update 7.

Still a good and powerful pistol, but you'll just waste ammo aiming at something further than 25 meters.

Whereas the braton (vandal or not) is still a pretty nice all-around rifle. Headshot bursts ftw.

If you learn to compensate for the drop of the projectiles over longer ranges you can be much more accurate than a hek could hope to be. Also, the hek has much more noticeable damage drop off over range. Same deal with the vandal.

Edited by Aggh

Pistols barely ding stuff in the later waves of Defense missions, particularly prominent in infested defense ones. At least, all the people I've played with past Wave 20 only use pistols on Toxic Ancients if their main is out of ammo or if their pistol was the onlly thing that had an ice mod.

Pistols barely ding stuff in the later waves of Defense missions, particularly prominent in infested defense ones. At least, all the people I've played with past Wave 20 only use pistols on Toxic Ancients if their main is out of ammo or if their pistol was the onlly thing that had an ice mod.

Maybe if you're only using a lato or something with S#&$ty mods. Bolto, aklato, and especially the akbolto are an entirely different story :|

Edited by Aggh

Same in here with my dual akbolto wich arent even maxed(gonna be so op at max lol) yet i outdps everysingle rifle i had,only reason for me to use rifle is if i run out of ammo but i play so good with pistols i never run out unless im fighting a boss.

Vandal? idk what is that i dont see it in the market/blueprints or anywhere the only thing i could find is a lato version(vandal).

Snipertron is not a proper rifle auto/semi,just sniper rifle,any of the auto/semi-auto rifles are a fail that was my point.

At least those need a bit of buffing,if someone doesnt know and doesnt research and buys those rifles its wasting credits.Because they work on low trash but on lvl 30+ planets you spam half a mag to kill 1mob.

Here you can see why i failed buying gorgon this was update 6 not 7 too late i figured it out.

Off topic: What happened to those blue lights on warframe hands?i see them in all update 6 and earlier warframes videos,were they from the previous mod system? they looked really neat dont understand why they would remove them.

Edited by RedEye88