Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tenno Ship=New Lobby?

Muminidas

If you are reading this topic and you watched last livestream you will already now what I'll try to discuss about.....

Tenno ships - ta da!

Let's start with a lil' concept art frome the last devstream:

1lA7r1N.png

Now here I'll post how Tenno ship looks like from the outside (more or less, I just post what I found in the Internet):

lWp9v8P.png

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now let's head to my main point of view.

TOTALLY WANT THAT AS A LOBBY!

but then .... "wait! it's just an early concept"

After seeing this Tenno ship's interior I thought that Warframe developers rly have some amazing plans on creating the realy good sci-fi game. We will be no longer forced to kneel on this strange holographic circle in the future (if it's gonna be ever released). Now, DE have all my "YES!" for that feature. Why?

Firstly, some of players may think: " So they are making Warframe more like Mass Effect - havig your own ship etc. or something that was in SWTOR." It's hard to not see those similarities 'coz those games were the first before Warframe. 

Though, the main purpose of those features is adding this amazing sci-fi atmosphere to the game, that's why I want sth like my own ship in the Warframe.

"Dude! It's gonna be just a lobby replacement..." Okay I know, still I totally want it. Imagine, hubs and ship interior as your new lobby. Are you feeling space guardian ninja enough(nin, nin!)? Yes, sir but add stealh 2.0 and my life will be completed(other story). 

Now, I am afraid this will never get into the actual game. Surely DE has a lot of stuff to do but maybe their plans will be changed. That's why I want them to add this, ppl need to want this.

Together with space hubs, your own lil' place in the space (lol, I am not rhyming...) will give this game a TRUE feel of the sandbox. Moreover it can create many future possibilities to some gameplay aspects. Like what? Crafting own ships(way of player housing some ppl were moaning about), decorating them and stuff. Funny thing, nice stuff! <(^^<) 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There are few "however"s. How will we choose our missions? By using holographic star chart in the back of the ship?(Mass Effect series, do want!) or rather ships console(don't want!)? How will devs solve the noticeable big interior in comparision with the small outside(see concepts)? Extracion will be changed after this?(how you imagine 4 ships, big ships 1 meter from each other at the extraction)

What do you think about it guys? Do you like this idea? This concept of a new lobby? Do you want it? Why? Why yes? Why not? Share your thought. :) 

I dont like the idea actually, a lobby has to be quickly accessible, I dont want to run around to choose my arsenal or friendslist, I just want to do a fast click and its done.

Fable 3 had a room as menu already and proved that it gets kinda annoying to run for every little thingy.

Form follows function.

I dont like the idea actually, a lobby has to be quickly accessible, I dont want to run around to choose my arsenal or friendslist, I just want to do a fast click and its done.

Fable 3 had a room as menu already and proved that it gets kinda annoying to run for every little thingy.

Form follows function.

IIRC you'll still be able to access a point-and-click menu just like before (though without a starchart) in addition to having the full immersion of a physical hub.

XUhJu94.jpg

Still missing 1 mastery level to get to those concept arts. Thanks for posting this - this Liset looks way bigger than the one I found. That answers my question. This one is actually, even visually better.

Just to point out OP, that second picture may be a small transport ship, similar to the Kodiak with ME3.

You might have one Large ship (lobby), and a small docking bay with multiple small ships each heading to a different node.

True. Haven't thought about that, thank for your opinion. It just helps to sort out my point of view on this matter. ^^

Most likely 1 deployable ship would be nuff, ninjas don't need more - just my opinion. We still need some space for arsenal, extractor drones etc.(reality wise, we all now devs would never put such rooms into the ship, rather in the form of a interactive UI element)

Edited by darkhades2012

Personally I loved decorating my clans dojo!....But then my clan turned big and sour...So I would love a new place to decorate! A place I can call...HOME!

I would be tottally down for this, allowing you to move around inside your ship with your tenno and inviting other tenno to your ship! Your beautiful decorated ship of loooove!