Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sentinals, What Do?

Garoth

Question

The questions are simple enough, I intend to drop 20 bucks or so into this game, as im really enjoying it, and the game showed me some love by giving me a Vitality mod during my first mish, so why not?

But what DO sentinals actually do? Are they just sorta like weak companions that shoot stuff for me, like a pet or something that just hangs by my side?

2. If it dies, will it come back for my next mission, or is it a 1 time deal?

3. Assuming i decide to get a sent, between the two which is better, my playstyle is more dps/melee

4. Bonus: Whats a good solid DPS warframe, other than Rhino as I intend to farm for his pieces, Dunno if ill get enough pla for a frame, but im curious

5. Shield and flow mods, are they rare/common/uncommon? I ask becaus eif i grab plat, and they common ill just grab the smallest mod pack and pray :P.

Thanks in advance.

Edited by Garoth

11 answers to this question

I'm not sure about what happens if a sentinel dies (never us 'em)

If you want a more stealthy warframe, use the shade sentinel.

And as for the mods, I got flow pretty early on in update 7 so I don't know, but from what I've heard they are pretty uncommon/rare.

Sorry I couldn't answer all of your questions.

Don't use any sentinal if you want stealth IMO. In my experience just having one equipped gimps you in any stealth situation. Although shade is good for walking through an entire infested mission.

I don't know much about the sentinals other than shade has a mod which renders you invisible for a short time when a group of enemies are nearby.

I don't know much about the sentinals other than shade has a mod which renders you invisible for a short time when a group of enemies are nearby.

only need one mob to turn invisible but yes it has that ability, but with shade i've been spotted from far distances (far further than it's invisibility range) thanks to it floating above my head

I have one flow and redirection mod. Redirection was a lot harder to find.

Sentinels... well mainly they look cool. Wyrm does only a small amount of damage, but he's useful because if there's an enemy behind you he spins around and shoots it. Also his shots stagger enemies, so if there's a sawman coming for you, he might save you 50 shields.

Shade does cloak you, but only when you're in about melee range. Unfortunately he doesn't cloak himself, so he tends to die when he does that. But his cloaking can confuse Sawmen and other melee only units.

Also, the cloaking can save your &#! if you're reviving someone, because you effectively don't take damage for another 5 seconds or so.

Hmm thanks for the answers, I guess I wont get a sentinal than, but you misunderstood my questions.

By what rarity the redirection/flow are, I meant thier rarity level as listed on the card. Example, if its a common rarity id buy the 30 Platinum pack, as it contains 5 commons, thus the highest chance of getting it.

Also, other than Rhino, are there any other good tankish frames as of yet?

If you equip your sentinel with the Regenerate mod, it will "revive" once during a mission.

Farming Rhino parts is very doable. You only need a melee weapon that is strong enough to make him drop down when you hit his leg and the boss won't do any damage during the whole fight. Lacking that, make sure your team shoots his leg whenever he gets up. (I know the WIki says differently, but this has been our experience farming Rhino blueprints. One clan member really wanted it and soloed it just like I described.)

The questions are simple enough, I intend to drop 20 bucks or so into this game, as im really enjoying it, and the game showed me some love by giving me a Vitality mod during my first mish, so why not?

But what DO sentinals actually do? Are they just sorta like weak companions that shoot stuff for me, like a pet or something that just hangs by my side?

2. If it dies, will it come back for my next mission, or is it a 1 time deal?

3. Assuming i decide to get a sent, between the two which is better, my playstyle is more dps/melee

4. Bonus: Whats a good solid DPS warframe, other than Rhino as I intend to farm for his pieces, Dunno if ill get enough pla for a frame, but im curious

5. Shield and flow mods, are they rare/common/uncommon? I ask becaus eif i grab plat, and they common ill just grab the smallest mod pack and pray :P.

Thanks in advance.

1. Its a weak companion. Its still a bit work-in-progress, so they may get stronger. Definitely worth having one.

2. If it dies, it won't be available for the rest of that mission. For next mission, it'll be there normally.

3. Wyrm deals more damage, Shade has the invisibility cloak, which is useful for getting off a free melee charge attack / avoiding damage. I prefer the Shade for my melee heavy playstyle.

4. Well, Rhino is good tanky one. Loki / Ash have a different style, using invisibility (which is also near-invincibility) to hit enemies. Excalibur is a nice basic damager. And finally, my personal favorite for melee style play is Trinity (her Link ability is really good for melee playstyle).

5. They are Common type mods. But I wouldn't recommend wasting plat for the mod packs, the chances of getting what you want are slim, and you get tons of mods as drops from playing. Rather use your plat for things you can't get by playing easily: like warframe slots / weapon slots, supercharging (Orokin Reactor / Orokin Catalyst).

1. Its a weak companion. Its still a bit work-in-progress, so they may get stronger. Definitely worth having one.

2. If it dies, it won't be available for the rest of that mission. For next mission, it'll be there normally.

3. Wyrm deals more damage, Shade has the invisibility cloak, which is useful for getting off a free melee charge attack / avoiding damage. I prefer the Shade for my melee heavy playstyle.

4. Well, Rhino is good tanky one. Loki / Ash have a different style, using invisibility (which is also near-invincibility) to hit enemies. Excalibur is a nice basic damager. And finally, my personal favorite for melee style play is Trinity (her Link ability is really good for melee playstyle).

5. They are Common type mods. But I wouldn't recommend wasting plat for the mod packs, the chances of getting what you want are slim, and you get tons of mods as drops from playing. Rather use your plat for things you can't get by playing easily: like warframe slots / weapon slots, supercharging (Orokin Reactor / Orokin Catalyst).

hmm so maybe as of right now, should I merely hold off on getting a sentinal until its fleshed out more?