Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Suggestion] Obstacle Course Type Of Mission

TheSuperTaco

as i see. there is alot of movement(walljumping,wallrunning,sliding, etc.) in the game.

so why not make a new type of mission? were you have to you use all movement to get past the course. used as a challenge on level up. or maybe as a mission on hacking an empty ship to self destruct.

i know i could just be creative and move around as i want while shooting. but i just see people walk/sprint and just shoot. no shooting from mid-air, no walljumping evading bullets, etc.

so it would be cool to not only make an obstacle course as a new challenge. but maybe also add few enemies. lets say a time limit race that would make us be creative doing alot of movement and shooting enemies at the same time. not just walking and shooting. i think this type of mission/challenge would be a new way of of challenging fun on the game

mission types:

Chase and Capture - basically the same as capture the target. but he can also have fast sprint speed, lock down doors, and call reinforcements to hold us back, maybe let him make a single knockback hit once in a while. same as capture the target, but this guy know's whats coming. Just to make the mission a little more challenging for those that just rush through everything

level up obstacle course - pass a race in a certain amount of time using all possible movements to reach the goal. just a complicated race course to level up

Time Bomb - plant a bomb, or hack the systems to self destruct the ship, then runaway and to extraction as fast as you can

Hit and Run - defeat all enemies, or just defeat a boss. then runaway from ''Stalker'' and to the extraction point before he gets you

Edited by TheSuperTaco

I would definitelly suport this style of maps or at least adding more parkour-interesting chunks to the current maps to boost the variety.

But let's be fair, the parkour in Warframe is a bit of clunky right now.

Let's compare it to other similar game, Gunz -

- I know the atmosphere and levels of Gunz are different from Warframe, but comparing to Gunz, Warframe controls feels so clunky, unresponsive and random - especially considering wall climbing/running. I love to use the wallrun to jump a lot in Warframe, but sometimes it feels so random that it only discourage me from using it :/

I would definitelly suport this style of maps or at least adding more parkour-interesting chunks to the current maps to boost the variety.

But let's be fair, the parkour in Warframe is a bit of clunky right now.

Let's compare it to other similar game, Gunz -

- I know the atmosphere and levels of Gunz are different from Warframe, but comparing to Gunz, Warframe controls feels so clunky, unresponsive and random - especially considering wall climbing/running. I love to use the wallrun to jump a lot in Warframe, but sometimes it feels so random that it only discourage me from using it :/

yes i know, some people find it boring, infact i dont see any movement, like i said before, just walking and shooting, not even sliding. but if we made specific maps for this like escaping, hack a space ship to self destruct and run away. etc. but not just base floor and slopes. some places where there isnt floor at all and just walls. or where elevators are broken and you have to climb/wallclimbing. or a really small hallway(on height) where you have to slide. any ideas you have for more types of movement or maps infact will help

Maybe a map specially designed for escaping from the Stalker.

exactly. escape from stalker, make ship self destruct and runaway on time. or simply broken parts of the ship where you have to be creative and find your way around. more acrobatic would make it look cooler.

Would be great, but the problem is with the clunky controls - don't tell me, you consider them to be really responsive.

maybe if the game devs make this possible. they could also tweak the controls abit also on some other update. i dont find the controls neither the best or the worst

Edited by TheSuperTaco