Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Suggestion] Voting System In Defense And Lobby

yakifrawg

I realised that the current system for Defense map is such that whoever votes say exit, will exit and similarly battle will stay. I would like to suggest moving the party as a whole based on majority of the votes. I think Lobby is the same. If you vote a different map, you will be disconnected and create a new Lobby.

You may ask is this really neccesary? Yeah, that's what I feel. I played a Defense map today, equipped with Paris, Lato Vandal and Fang. Lato Vandal is my only considerably strong weap amongst the three. My intention was to level the Paris and Fang. All was fine until wave 15 where 3 of the other members claim-ed and exit. Leaving me to fail the mission on wave 16.

Hence, I wanna suggest changing this vote system. Like maybe have 4 options instead of the current 2; Vote Claim and Exit, Vote Battle, Claim and Exit, lastly, Battle. The first two option basically indicates that the voter wants to follow the majority of the party. While the last two options indicates his immidiate wants.

Edited by yakifrawg

One other thing I think should happen when voting for planets is that you should be able to cancel your vote if you mis-click.

Currently there is no way to cancel, and if you accidently clicked on a planet while you were trying to go to your arsenal you just gave your group a 60 second time limit on getting ready.

And when you vote on planets I am pretty sure that it is majority rule as when I was in a group and there was an alert mission I clicked on the alert but everyone else clicked on the planet by accident, so instead of starting the alert it just started the planets normal defense mission.

I was a bit worried about your idea because there are times when in a defense mission I see a mod I want/need for something and if I dont leave right there I am not gaurenteed to get it, but adding in the option to vote leave ontop of a gaurenteed leave option sounds like the right choice.

I'm against this. Just wait and see how many people claim and exit/want to stay. If I see a reward I want to take, or do not consider the chances of a team to be really high to survive the next 5 waves, I should not be forced to stay and loose it due to the "tyranny" of the majority.

I will not even comment on taking sub par weapons to an endless defense to leech off expirience with them.

I am all for adding a 10-15 sec "grace" period after the votes are cast to let people change them to prevent the everyone left but me at wave 51 scenario you mention though, especially if 1 or more player votes for a different option then the rest. Likewise, you should be able to change your mind beforehand as well.

I'm against this. Just wait and see how many people claim and exit/want to stay. If I see a reward I want to take, or do not consider the chances of a team to be really high to survive the next 5 waves, I should not be forced to stay and loose it due to the "tyranny" of the majority.

I will not even comment on taking sub par weapons to an endless defense to leech off expirience with them.

I am all for adding a 10-15 sec "grace" period after the votes are cast to let people change them to prevent the everyone left but me at wave 51 scenario you mention though, especially if 1 or more player votes for a different option then the rest. Likewise, you should be able to change your mind beforehand as well.

What he is suggesting would remove that "tyranny"

He wants four options: "Vote Claim and Exit", "Vote Battle", "Claim and Exit", and "Battle"

If you chose one of the first options it would cast your vote but if the majority vote the other way you are going along with the majority.

If you chose one of the latter two it would go through like it does no, eg you just click "Claim and Exit" and regardless of who voted how you would just leave like you currently do, likewise you would stay regardless of votes if you click "Battle".

This would probably be the better decision since, if they did want to follow the majority, they could just easily change their choice with the given extra time.

As for voting for missions, right now the way you cancel your vote is to switch the room mode from online to private or vice versa. And actually voting on a mission is a bit buggy since the game will often register the first vote as the mission that will be loaded.

This would probably be the better decision since, if they did want to follow the majority, they could just easily change their choice with the given extra time.

As for voting for missions, right now the way you cancel your vote is to switch the room mode from online to private or vice versa. And actually voting on a mission is a bit buggy since the game will often register the first vote as the mission that will be loaded.

Thanks for the tip on cancelling the vote, I was unaware that that would do it and would have saved a few abandons to get to a soon expiring alert mission.

What he is suggesting would remove that "tyranny"

He wants four options: "Vote Claim and Exit", "Vote Battle", "Claim and Exit", and "Battle"

If you chose one of the first options it would cast your vote but if the majority vote the other way you are going along with the majority.

If you chose one of the latter two it would go through like it does no, eg you just click "Claim and Exit" and regardless of who voted how you would just leave like you currently do, likewise you would stay regardless of votes if you click "Battle".

I stand corrected. That is overcomplicating a relatively simple system though, imo just adding the grace period I mentioned would solve this without making 2 choices 4 with doubled functionality on some of them, that would not be efficient design.

I would say that having a Vote gives you voice, telling your party that you would like that option but wanna follow the majority. And of course you can wait for them to vote. But the situation I had was, 1 fella voted early on. During the last seconds, the other 2 fella went with his vote.

Oh and the lobby thing is kinda bad. Doesn't that make you quit the party?

Edited by yakifrawg