Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Kraken Pistol Mod Questions

SenseiBoros

1. Guys, how does the Barrel Diffusion mod affect the Kraken pistol? Will to shoot another 2 shots(4shots) in one click if the mod rank is high enough?

2. Is the Gunslinger mod recommended for this weapon? Will it increase the recoil?

3. I never understood what makes you crit, is it when you aim for the head or is it random bodyshots?

4. I noticed this weapon has very high recoil, didn't expect that, it is very useful though, but is there any way / mod that will reduce the recoil a bit?

Edited by fearfniche3

Barrel Diffusion is just a multishot mod that increases damage by %. If you have a 60% multishot mod and your kraken usually does 10 damage it will now do 16 damage. It also does provide a chance that you will fire 2 bullets as multishot does do so you could hit up to 4 times for only 2 bullets.

I've been using the Kraken since it came out and I HIGHLY recommend you attatch the gunslinger mod to it, as well is slip magazine. It doesn't increase recoil, it just reduces the time between each pair of 2 shots.

When you hit a critical point such as the head it doubles the damage. Getting a crit is based on chance (which you can increase using mods)

Barrel Diffusion is just a multishot mod that increases damage by %. If you have a 60% multishot mod and your kraken usually does 10 damage it will now do 16 damage.

Really? I thought the percentage was how likely it was to produce another shot, as in each time you fire there is a 60% chance the target will be hit with extra rounds... huh, good to know.

4. I noticed this weapon has very high recoil, didn't expect that, it is very useful though, but is there any way / mod that will reduce the recoil a bit?

Yeah it does have an impressive kick. As for modding it to reduce recoil I don't believe there is any way to do that. However I found that the more you use it you'll be able to anticipate the kick between the two rounds, and depending on your distance from the target, aim lower down on their body so that the second round lands a headshot. This will usually end most standard mobs with one click of the mouse.

Barrel Diffusion is just a multishot mod that increases damage by %. If you have a 60% multishot mod and your kraken usually does 10 damage it will now do 16 damage. It also does provide a chance that you will fire 2 bullets as multishot does do so you could hit up to 4 times for only 2 bullets.

That's incorrect.

Really? I thought the percentage was how likely it was to produce another shot, as in each time you fire there is a 60% chance the target will be hit with extra rounds... huh, good to know.

That's right, Multishot mods on a rifle or pistol give you whatever the % chance is to fire an extra shot, though the way it works is that each shot has that much chance to deal double damage (including elemental damage and crits) rather than actually firing another bullet that could miss. With pistols you can get up to 120% chance, which means that you will always fire a second shot AND have an extra 20% chance to do triple damage.

With shotguns it's a little different (you fire however many % more pellets), but that's beside the point.

That's right, Multishot mods on a rifle or pistol give you whatever the % chance is to fire an extra shot, though the way it works is that each shot has that much chance to deal double damage (including elemental damage and crits) rather than actually firing another bullet that could miss. With pistols you can get up to 120% chance, which means that you will always fire a second shot AND have an extra 20% chance to do triple damage.

With shotguns it's a little different (you fire however many % more pellets), but that's beside the point.

I was sure that was how it worked. That makes more sense, thanks for clearing that up :)

That's right, Multishot mods on a rifle or pistol give you whatever the % chance is to fire an extra shot, though the way it works is that each shot has that much chance to deal double damage (including elemental damage and crits) rather than actually firing another bullet that could miss.

Multi-shot now actually fires another bullet with it's own seperate CoF calculation. Pull out a semi-auto weapon and hip fire it at a wall, eventually you'll see two bullets from the same shot hit different places.

Multishot is not by chance, it's hard coded:

20% - 1, 1, 1, 1, 2, repeat

50% - 1, 2, repeat

60% - 1, 2, 1, 2, 2, repeat

120% - 2, 2, 2, 2, 3, repeat

The extra bullets don't consume your ammo and they are affected by mods like the normal bullets.

So essentially it's like shooting faster, without having to reload more often or find more ammo.

As for which mods to recomend (besides multishot of course) I'm not sure, I haven't used my kraken since U7 as I was leveling up the lato vandal

Edited by CubedOobleck

Multishot is not by chance, it's hard coded:

20% - 1, 1, 1, 1, 2, repeat

50% - 1, 2, repeat

60% - 1, 2, 1, 2, 2, repeat

120% - 2, 2, 2, 2, 3, repeat

The extra bullets don't consume your ammo and they are affected by mods like the normal bullets.

So essentially it's like shooting faster, without having to reload more often or find more ammo.

As for which mods to recomend (besides multishot of course) I'm not sure, I haven't used my kraken since U7 as I was leveling up the lato vandal

The Lato Vandal is a pure beast man! Played with it alot...

I don't know where this misconception about multishot sprung from, but it is not a repeating pattern, it is a % chance.

Others and I tested this and have repeatedly got irregular patterns of two shots and one shot.